cankles hurting

Old May 30th 06, 06:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default cankles hurting

i got a unicycle like three days ago and i tried to hop a
three stairs and then i didnt lie a 1 foot drop off and it just always
kills my ankles and they like give out what am i doing wrong and how
can i do it right

--
unizipster
unizipster's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12291

Old May 30th 06, 06:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

im sleeping in your bed at moms jk work out fatty BTW tanner- its
kankles

--
JJtheunicycle

The best feeling in the world is landing a new trick and riding away
smiling

unizipster is my brother
JJtheunicycle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12224

Old May 30th 06, 06:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Your new to it.

Your ankles will get stronger as you ride more, you'll get used to the
different positions that you will put them in, you'll learn to bend and
absorb the shock with your legs and doing roll-outs instead of landing
straight, with locked joints. Its all just takes time and practice.

Also, I suggest dynamic stretching to get you ready for dynamic
movements, like unicycling. Don't do none of that slow stuff, the
stretching that they make you do in school, how its all slow, those are
for your cooling off period, when your done, and to help healing
injuries. But you want dynamic for the beginning of an activity, and
the other kind for the cool-down.

'Learn to stretch properly here!' (http://tinyurl.com/lvgnr)

Good luck with your riding!

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more!~*~
'*!Gallery!*' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/jpkoz) ' and HERE!'
(http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)

Old May 30th 06, 06:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I think you're trying to do drops with the balls of your feet on the
pedals. The impact in this position tends to hyper extend (compress)
the ankle. Try doing drops with your arches on the pedals instead.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*

Old May 30th 06, 05:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

thanksjerrick and harper -------------- justin u can shut up u
dont even have a unicycle oww

Old May 30th 06, 05:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

harper wrote:
I think you're trying to do drops with the balls of your feet on the
pedals. The impact in this position tends to hyper extend (compress)
the ankle. Try doing drops with your arches on the pedals instead.

I do pretty much everything with the balls of my feet on the pedals.
But the above is still true. If you don't take your time and work your
way up to things, there is risk of injury both because your ankles
aren't used to it, and because you aren't experienced at doing it,
which can lead to "worse" ankle positions. So I recommend you follow
Harper's advice for now, then use your judgement after you're
comfortable doing all that stuff.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"The worst thing you can do on a unicycle when you land is stop dead."
-- Kris Holm, world's expert on high-consequence unicycling