Mounts Questions

Old August 5th 03, 08:24 PM
gingerfreek

Default Mounts Questions

Question 1- yes i think the standard freemount does count as one of the
the three mounts required in level three.

question 2- i think the mount you described would be classed as a half
suicide or half jump mount, because you're holding onto the seat the
whole time, but i think landing with seat out front first is fine.

question 3- yep i think this does count as a different mount becasue it
is different.

i'm not entirely sure on these but im sure someone will either back me
up or correct me.

iain

--
gingerfreek - unicyclist of mass destruction.

I use my wheel as a weapon!
gingerfreek's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3507

Old August 5th 03, 08:26 PM
Chuck Webb

Well, if i understand these correctly:

1. "Freemount", you probably mean standard mount, and yes, that would
count as one of the mounts.

2. No, but there is another mount known as "jump mount to seat in
front"

3. No, i believe the mounts we commonly call rollback, static, etc.
would all be considered a "standard mount".

Heres the list...

http://tinyurl.com/j35z

Chuck

--
Chuck Webb

I live in my own little world but its ok...they know me here!

Chuck Webb's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1450

Old August 5th 03, 08:31 PM
gingerfreek

see i told you someone would correct me!

but i was sure the "roll-back" counted as a different mounti
was discussing whether they were different or not at my club recently.

iain

Old August 6th 03, 12:38 AM
Klaas Bil

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 15:54:14 -0500, Borges
wrote:

A roll back mount isn't in the standard skill list as a seperate mount,
so some testers won't allow it to count as diffrent from the regular
freemount. The lower the level the less strict people are with the
variety of mounts, so it might pass anyway.

Word from John Foss has it that the rollback mount and the static
mount are variations of the same thing and hence officially don't
count as separate mounts. Now if JF is not an authority then who is?

On the original question 2: For a proper jump mount you have to finish
sitting on the seat. In fact, Jump mount to sitting on the seat and a
modified Jump mount to seat in front might (just MIGHT) count as two
separate mounts.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
"the helmet is to protect the brain, not replace it. - iunicycle"

Old August 6th 03, 12:40 AM
iunicycle

Actually rollback and static are one mount:

http://tinyurl.com/j459

It is 200a on the Standard Skills List.

--
iunicycle - YeeeeHaaaa
iunicycle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1869

Old August 6th 03, 06:50 AM
Borges

Those numbers are the points given if the skill is performed perfectly
at a standard skill competition.

--
Borges - High impact cerabellum workout
Borges's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/925

Old August 6th 03, 09:55 AM
Sarah Miller

XWonka wrote:

Question 1: Does the freemount count as a mount when doing three mounts
for level three?

For UUU/IUF levels in the UK , Yes.

Question 2: When doing a jump mount, do you have to finish sitting on
the saddle or can you jump onto saddle in front and then scooch up onto
the saddle afterwards?

You have not finished the skill untill you have pedaled so many
revs forward sat on the saddle.

Question 3: Does a freemount with a half rotation backwards (rollback
mount) count as a seperate mount?

For UUU/IUF levels in the UK these two mounts have been counted as
two
seperate mounts in level testing. However there mst be NO roll back
in the static mount.

Sarah
--
Union of UK Unicyclists
By and for UK riders
Old August 6th 03, 06:48 PM
James_Potter

As long as this is a level question thread, I might as well ask mine:
When it says demonstrate 4 types of mounts for level four, can those
just be the three mounts you did in level three and one new one? Or do
you have to learn 4 completely new mounts?

--
James_Potter - Order of Merlin, first class

-"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided."

--Albus Dumbledore-

Old August 6th 03, 07:18 PM
Carol McLean

James_Potter wrote:
*As long as this is a level question thread, I might as well ask
mine:
When it says demonstrate 4 types of mounts for level four, can those
just be the three mounts you did in level three and one new one? Or do
you have to learn 4 completely new mounts? *

You may use the 3 mounts you used in passing Level 3 and learn one new
mount.

And, as people have pointed out, the standard mount may be either
forward or rollback. It is only one type of mount, not two.

Side mount or back mount are fairly easy mounts to use for Level 3,
along with the standard mount.

Carol
Minnesota

--
Carol McLean - Likes Pedal Pushers
Carol McLean's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3302

Old August 6th 03, 11:21 PM
Klaas Bil

If James Potter had asked the same question but substituted 'two' for
'three' and then 'three' for 'two', would the answer be YES as well?

I mean, for level 2 it is OK to do a standard mount left and a
standard mount right. If I do that then do I need only ONE more mount
for level three?

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
"the helmet is to protect the brain, not replace it. - iunicycle"