Ben's 6' giraffe running jump mount video clip

Old August 10th 03, 01:39 AM
yoopers

Default Ben's 6' giraffe running jump mount video clip

One of the strange phenomenon of going to conventions is that our total
number of unicycles seems to increase by convention's end. Our club now
has a new 6' giraffe from Unicycle.com to add to our show presentation
potential.

If you recall, Ben learned to mount our 5 footer by a running jump mount
during Memorial Day weekend, 2002.
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/bengiraffe

It didn't take him long to put up a mount on the 6 footer. I tried to
uploaded the video clip of his mount to the bengiraffe page but it ended
up on the page of our NAUCC pictures. Here's the link:

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/naucc2003?&page=1

As it takes awhile to upload with dial-up service, I'll leave the clip
there for now and move it later.

Brucetoad

--
yoopers - Bruce & Mary Edwards
yoopers's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/31

Old August 10th 03, 02:23 AM
nikkifrog

Brucetoad, he he

That's really cool! I needed a couple guys to help me get on
Unicycle.com's 5-footer by the track. He makes it look so easy, which
I'm sure it's not!

I'm very impressed!

Nikki(frog)

--
nikkifrog - Officially Level 2!

"Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions." -G.K.
Chesterton
nikkifrog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/425

Old August 11th 03, 07:29 AM
duaner

Nice!

And I really like the sequence of pictures. It's nice to be able to see
some of the development of the skill.

Ben, you make it look easy enough that I'm tempted to try'n learn this
mount before learning the traditional giraffe free mount.

duaner

--
duaner
duaner's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4297

Old August 11th 03, 10:52 AM
Graeme

Great mount. I wish I'd bought that 5 footer I saw in that junk shop
years ago. By the way, who's is the canoe on the car? That's another of
my hobbies that I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms about at the moment.
The weather was excellent over here (Scotland) this weekend and all my
toys (canoe & unicycle etc.) are stuck in a shipping container

--
Graeme - More regular de-lurker

Time for me to think up a new sig.
Ermmm... uh... hmmm...
You know that really witty and original thing you heard the other day?
Well imagine that I said it and it's now written here.
Graeme's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/767

Old August 11th 03, 12:35 PM
Tmornstar

Hey Bruce,

That's awesome riding by the lad. I'm looking foward to my lunch today
to try it - though I'm not very optimistic. He makes it look far too
easy!

Tommy

--
Tmornstar - Student of Christopher

Tommy Thompson
Memphis Unicycle Club
Please vist our web site:
http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com
Tmornstar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/658

Old August 11th 03, 01:58 PM
onefiftyfour

I love the videos. I modeled my coker freemount after Ben's. I know
there's a 6 footer in my future now.

-Eric

--
onefiftyfour - Eric
onefiftyfour's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3495

Old August 11th 03, 02:49 PM
yoopers

Graeme wrote:
*By the way, who's is the canoe on the car? That's another of my
hobbies that I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms about at the moment.
The weather was excellent over here (Scotland) this weekend and all my
toys (canoe & unicycle etc.) are stuck in a shipping container *

The canoe is actually ours but some friends were borrowing it for a skit
at church. It's a fiberglass canoe that I had repaired but the last
time some high schoolers borrowed it, they hit something under the water
and now it leaks again. Fiberglass is easy to repair but I'm thinking
of getting rid of it and trying to find a more modern material canoe.

Bruce