Thinking about buying a Cheap Chinese knockoff or anything?

Old December 11th 18, 01:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default Thinking about buying a Cheap Chinese knockoff or anything?

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 14:09:46 -0800 (PST), Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On Monday, December 10, 2018 at 12:42:29 PM UTC-5, jbeattie wrote:
You just make things up -- even when the facts are so easy to find. I don't get that. You're retired. You have all day to look things up.

Is Tom retired? I thought he was just out of work. He's complained many times
about people refusing to hire him.

- Frank Krygowski

My experience, and my last position was as Operations Manager for a
construction company in Indonesia, is that when a company refuses to
hire someone there is usually very valid reasons. I might add that
education, per se, was not usually a major factor, quite the opposite
in fact as we were looking for people that could "do the job".

cheers,

John B.

Old December 11th 18, 07:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, December 10, 2018 at 2:07:37 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Monday, December 10, 2018 at 11:39:45 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sunday, December 9, 2018 at 4:33:20 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:

Tom, your conversations remind me of the phrase "trying to nail jello to
a wall."

Get me some real data with properly cited sources. Until then, I'm not
giving credence to any of your off-the-cuff guesstimations.

--
- Frank Krygowski

I worked in the industry and you didn't.

Wow. You've found yet another thing to be wrong about! :-)

- Frank Krygowski

Oh, then you have had high tech experience - why is it that you haven't told us your exact roll? Was it too embarrassing?
Old December 11th 18, 07:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, December 10, 2018 at 2:09:48 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Monday, December 10, 2018 at 12:42:29 PM UTC-5, jbeattie wrote:
You just make things up -- even when the facts are so easy to find. I don't get that. You're retired. You have all day to look things up.

Is Tom retired? I thought he was just out of work. He's complained many times
about people refusing to hire him.

- Frank Krygowski

I am retired and looking for work. Is that something difficult for you to understand? I am having age discrimination which wasn't in the industry at all 10 years ago. Though now that H1B visas are getting very hard to get they are using the excuse that since I haven't worked since 2014 that I'm not qualified to do the same job I was doing in 2014.
Old December 11th 18, 07:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

On Monday, December 10, 2018 at 12:42:29 PM UTC-5, jbeattie wrote:
You just make things up -- even when the facts are so easy to find. I don't get that. You're retired. You have all day to look things up.

Is Tom retired? I thought he was just out of work. He's complained many times
about people refusing to hire him.

- Frank Krygowski

My experience, and my last position was as Operations Manager for a
construction company in Indonesia, is that when a company refuses to
hire someone there is usually very valid reasons. I might add that
education, per se, was not usually a major factor, quite the opposite
in fact as we were looking for people that could "do the job".

cheers,

John B.

Yes indeedy - your "experience" in Asia is really indicative of the high tech industry here. You are so knowing when we know that you came by your position because you were a white American.
Old December 11th 18, 08:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 12/11/2018 1:49 PM, wrote:
On Monday, December 10, 2018 at 2:07:37 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Monday, December 10, 2018 at 11:39:45 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sunday, December 9, 2018 at 4:33:20 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:

Tom, your conversations remind me of the phrase "trying to nail jello to
a wall."

Get me some real data with properly cited sources. Until then, I'm not
giving credence to any of your off-the-cuff guesstimations.

--
- Frank Krygowski

I worked in the industry and you didn't.

Wow. You've found yet another thing to be wrong about! :-)

- Frank Krygowski

Oh, then you have had high tech experience - why is it that you haven't told us your exact roll? Was it too embarrassing?

I worked as a hydraulics lab technician, as a plant engineer, I worked
in huge high-tech plant mostly on robotics workcells and parts feeding
plus writing of manuals, I did engineering work in a holography company,
etc. And of course, I was a university professor. Not that it's any
business of yours.

BTW, other people would come to me when they wanted to know how to spell
complicated words - things like "role." That was yet another service I
provided.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old December 12th 18, 12:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

wrote:

[...]

Yes, the "High Tech" industry in Asia. China (Huawei) is the world's
largest supplier of telecommunications network equipment and
second-biggest maker of smartphones. Korea (Samsung) is the largest
maker of smartphones in the world. China (yet again) (Lenovo) is the
largest maker of personal computers in the world.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

As for white American, again you fall flat on your face. Certainly I
got my first job in Asia with an American Company that had contracted
to the U.S.A.F. to provide base maintenance and the contract specified
that they must hire "X" percent USians but after one year I resigned
and went to Indonesia to work in the oil industry where they didn't
care what color you were or where you came from if you could get the
job done.

cheers,

John B.

Old December 12th 18, 09:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at 11:38:20 AM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 12/11/2018 1:49 PM, wrote:
[...]

Tell me, as a university professor was it your job to correct typos? While you certainly were in high tech, it was at absolutely NOWHERE the level I was at. I still have a couple of intercomputer communications boards on the space station. Should I come to you to explain how to not make typos?