Monty dimensions...

Old November 23rd 03, 06:01 PM
joona

Default Monty dimensions...

I was wondering about the dimensions of the 20x2,5 Monty tire. Could
someone measure it pretty much precisely? So what I'm looking for is the
diameter and what is the width? I want to know if it will fit my old 20"
frame. And I know that it requires the special rim.

--
joona - )-O --Neat

Mad as a moose (or atleast Minimoose)
joona's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4436

Old November 24th 03, 02:18 AM
TonyMelton

from memory Monty tyres are either 68mm or 72mm wide. They won't fit in
most standard Taiwan-made frames, unless you get out your hammer and
start flattening the fork blades!

Tony

--
TonyMelton - NZUNi

The first NZUNi Weekend - October 25-27, Wellington. More info at
'www.unicycle.co.nz' (http://www.unicycle.co.nz)

'My Photo Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albur10) has new
photos and has been generally re-arranged and spruced up. 9/9/03

TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118

Old November 24th 03, 04:34 AM
mango

I just yanked mine outa the closet. The width measured 6cm
exactly....this was the fattest part of the tire, not where it meets the
rim, right? Tony's estimate seems a little high.

I'm not sure what you mean by diameter. If you can explain it to me, I
would be happy to measure it for you.
-erik

--
mango - unity - as 1 stand together
mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

Old November 24th 03, 11:39 AM
joona

Diameter: Measure it like this:
[image: http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/al...bus66/dia.png]

Seems like it would fit my cheap taiwanese frame without hammering. It's
about 69 mm wide.

Old November 24th 03, 05:31 PM
mango

So diameter would be the same as the width in this case?
The widest part of the tire measured 6cm exactly. It sounds like it
should fit your frame.

If i still have this diameter thing mixed up, i think i need some
serious help.

Old November 24th 03, 06:06 PM
joona

It might just be that I need a bit more English lessons.
Maybe this one will help you:
[image: http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/al.../diameter.jpg]

Old November 24th 03, 07:33 PM
mango

hey joona. Its me that needs the english lesson! I'm sorry, i got it
now.

The diameter that i got was 513mm. I measured it a few times to make
sure it was accurate. The problem is that my tire is VERY BALD (no
knobbies left)! So you might want to add a centimeter or so to that to
make it a new tire.

diameter: ~520-525mm

Can anyone supply joona with a more accurate measurement?

Old November 24th 03, 07:38 PM
joona

mango wrote:
*hey joona. Its me that needs the english lesson! I'm sorry, i got it
now.

The diameter that i got was 513mm. I measured it a few times to make
sure it was accurate. The problem is that my tire is VERY BALD (no
knobbies left)! So you might want to add a centimeter or so to that to
make it a new tire.

diameter: ~520-525mm

Can anyone supply joona with a more accurate measurement? *

Thanks. Might be a too tight fit. I'm not sure if it would fit. It might
just have about 0,5-1 cm free space.

Old November 24th 03, 07:59 PM
mango

I'll sell you my bald tire! haha

If its easy to do, just pick up a yuni frame. But im sure you already
know this.

take it easy. -erik

Old November 24th 03, 08:05 PM
joona

mango wrote:
*I'll sell you my bald tire! haha

If its easy to do, just pick up a yuni frame. But im sure you already
know this.

take it easy. -erik *

I was just curious about this 'cause I wanted to know if I could just by
a rim, spokes and tire.