3 unicycles for sale, and two for free

Old February 15th 04, 10:18 AM
Mikefule

Default 3 unicycles for sale, and two for free

Sorry, folks, no photos available. (Unicycles won't fit in my
scanner.)

I'm having to rationalise my fleet, to clear space in my house because I
need to move to get away from the local vandals and druggies.

So:
24 inch Nimbus 1 unicycle. This is the original Nimbus frame with the
inverted Y shaped fork crown. It has a 24 inch wheel with a red
anodised rim. It comes with a red Viscount sadle, but I can swap this
for a black/grey Velo saddle (no handle) if you prefer. I can fit most
sizes of cranks from 89mm (lightweight or budget) up to 150mm. Most
people would probably choose 125s or 150s. The pedals fitted are pinned
platforms worth about £20 a pair, but I can swap these back for the
original round-ended plastic ones if you prefer. It has a trip
computer. Tyre is 24 x 1.95 with knobbles. I have used this unicycle
for 20+ mile rides, and for light muni/cross country as well as general
riding around. I don't do drops so the rim is still circular and the
cranks are straight!

The total package to buy new wouold be something like £140 - £150
(depending on what set up you want).

This is a nice beginner's to intermediate unicycle. Depending on which
set up you want, I'll sell it for between £50 and £75. I live in
Nottingham, and can deliver it or meet you (within reason) as far as
about Leicester, Derby, Chesterfield, Lincoln.

Send me a private message or email me at Mikefule (at) aol.com
Pashley 26 inch MUni, seen quite hard use. Gazz 2.3 inch tyre in
excellent condition. Viscount saddle with Reeder handle. Pinned (DDG)
pedals. 150 mm steel cranks. Cheap computer.

The Pashley is a heavy duty and durable unicycle. It has the
distinctive Pashley bearing holders. Alloy quick relase seat clamp.
The frame is Reynolds tubing. It is painted a sort of gun metal grey.

The whole package would cost something over £150 new. I'd accept
£100.

Delivery details same as for 24 above.

Pashley 20 inch UMX. Wellgo metal BMX pedals. Cottered cranks. Weird
seat. This was my first unicycle. It's a bit rattly, but good for a
beginner. I'll accept £20. At present, it's at my mum's in Boston,
Lincs.

1959 hand made 20 inch unicycle. This was an "opportunity purchase"
from a man in a pub. The frame is a nice piece of craftsmanship, hand
made in the Netherlands in approximately 1959. It's chrome (or nickel?)
plated, with main cap bearing holders. In its present set up, it has
cottored cranks and I've never quite got them set up straight - I think
it needs a small coke can shim on one. It has a leather bicycle saddle
similar to a traditional Brooks touring saddle. This unicycle looks
nice, but is mainly of novelty value. I don't know if it would take a
normal modern hub. If you manage to fit one, it will make a nice
looking cruising machine. I'll be sorry to see it go, but I know I'll
never really use it.

You can have this one for free. Again, I can deliver or meet you
"within reason" around the East Midlands area. As the unicycle is free,
I might have to ask for petrol money depending on the distance
travelled.

If no one wants it, I will have no choice but to throw it away, which
would be a pity.

Giraffe. This was an impulse purchase. It is only about chest hight,
andis of very flimsy and rickety construction. However, it was properly
made, rather than welded in a shed from bits.

I can't recommend this as a machine for performing or hard riding. It's
a toy which might be fun for a few days before you break it. For this
reason, it's free, and will be thrown away if not claimed.

Delivery as for the 20.

Don't worry folks, I'm not giving up. In the unlikely event of them all
going, I'll be left with a 28, a Coker and a 20. Then I'll eventually
buy a good 24 x 3 Muni.

--
Mikefule - Roland Hope School of Unicycling

Sometimes I ride like a demon, sometimes like a lemon. It's an L of a
difference.

Old February 15th 04, 11:48 AM
thinuniking

u got a pm from me

--
thinuniking - Exeter unicycle meet 28th of feb

If you don't need new underwear it wasn't worth it.
thinuniking's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4294

Old February 15th 04, 11:50 AM
thinuniking

would you sell the reeder on it's own?

Old February 15th 04, 12:37 PM
onewheeldave

The giraffe sounds nice; I've sent you a pm.

--
onewheeldave - Semi Skilled Unicyclist

"He's also been known to indulge in a spot of flame juggling - but it's
the Muni that really fires him up."

onewheeldave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/874

Old February 15th 04, 01:57 PM
one wheeled stallion

Hi, I live in leicester. Would you sell the grey black velo seat
seperately?? What condition is it in? I'd be interested in the giraffe
and maybe the 24" too... maybe. I could meet in leicester or probably
notts if you wanted to sell them!

--
one wheeled stallion - Getting There! :-)

OWS
one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832

Old February 15th 04, 02:09 PM
Mikefule

I will reply to PMs late tonight or tomorrow evening. I'm in a rush
now.
Mike

Old February 15th 04, 03:40 PM
Rayden

Why must you live in a seperate country across the ocean!

--
Rayden
Rayden's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/264

Old February 15th 04, 03:40 PM
)----(x)

I'll buy the 20" the one that is nickel plated or whatever

--
)----(x) - crazed unicyclist

Royal. Riders. Rock Mevs
Royal. Riders. Rock Mevs
Royal. Riders. Rock Mevs
)----(x)'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5094

Old February 15th 04, 04:01 PM
johnhimsworth

If I were you I'd save the most amount of space for least loss of
unicycles. On which note, I'll give you £30 for the coker.

John

--
johnhimsworth - Falling off with style...

Look! The Goodyear Blimp!
johnhimsworth's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1788

Old February 15th 04, 06:54 PM
pluto