Uwharrie Wheelmen/Uwharrie Mountain Bike Association Summer Ride South Central NC ...Montgomery County

Old May 27th 04, 02:41 AM
Tommy Taylor

Default Uwharrie Wheelmen/Uwharrie Mountain Bike Association Summer Ride South Central NC ...Montgomery County

Uwharrie Wheelmen/Uwharrie Mountain Bike Association Summer Ride

9 AM, Saturday, June 26

We will have an advanced ride and a no-rider-left-behind beginner ride.
After the ride, we'll have hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill. If you
think you are coming, email so we can have plenty
of grub. If in doubt, don't email, but come anyway! The advanced ride will
be at least one loop of Keyauwee/Supertree. The beginner ride will likely be
Supertree only depending on skill levels of riders. We want to show-off
improvements made during the last three Trail Care Days.

We will meet at the Uwharrie National Forest Parking Lot 1.5 miles east of
the bridge over Lake Tillery/Pee Dee River on 24/27. The parking lot is
located 11 miles east of Albemarle and 9 miles west of Troy on 24/27.

Future Trail Care Days: July 17, August 21, September 18, October 16, and
Dec. 12.

Check
www.rideumba.com and www.uwharriewheelmen.org for updates, or email
, , or .

Currently trail conditions are the best they've been since January 2003.no
trees are across the trails, and most drains are working. You will usually
find dry conditions a day or two after a rain.

Our objective is to bring Keyauwee and Supertree trails up standards and
then expand the trail system. We believe that the Uwharrie/Woodrun trail
system has the potential to be the Pisgah or Tsali of Central NC

- from Tommy Taylor

Mountain Bike Inventor Joins Mayors' Ride Cycle America General 1 June 3rd 04 02:53 AM
How old were you when you got your first really nice bike? Brink General 43 November 13th 03 10:49 AM
my new bike Marian Rosenberg General 5 October 19th 03 03:00 PM
First road bike: braking? Alan Hoyle General 47 September 28th 03 11:40 PM