Crash!

Old November 28th 07, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

Default Crash!

I took a group of 12 Year 2 children (age 6/7) to Greenwich Park to
hone their cycling skills.

I caught this crash on camera.

What happened? Who is responsible?

Note: no child was harmed is the taking of these photos.
Old November 28th 07, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ekul Namsob

Tom Crispin wrote:

I took a group of 12 Year 2 children (age 6/7) to Greenwich Park to
hone their cycling skills.

I caught this crash on camera.

What happened? Who is responsible?

Note: no child was harmed is the taking of these photos.

Which photos Tom?

Cheers,
Luke

exile in Lancashire http://www.shrimper.org.uk
Old November 28th 07, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd[_2_]

On 28/11/2007 20:54, Tom Crispin said,
I took a group of 12 Year 2 children (age 6/7) to Greenwich Park to
hone their cycling skills.
I caught this crash on camera.
What happened? Who is responsible?
Note: no child was harmed is the taking of these photos.

I think you forgot something :-)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old November 28th 07, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Martin Dann

Tom Crispin wrote:
I took a group of 12 Year 2 children (age 6/7) to Greenwich Park to
hone their cycling skills.

I caught this crash on camera.

What happened? Who is responsible?

It is difficult to see. Am I right in guessing that one kid turned left
across the path of a second kid?
If that is the case, and also that they were meant to turn at that
point, then IMHO it was both their faults.
If you are training them, then you will get this sort of thing
occasionally, and them having a crash in the park, should slightly
reduce than chances of them having one on the road.

Note: no child was harmed is the taking of these photos.

Next time take some fake blood, and drizzle some around ;-)
Old November 28th 07, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Martin

On Nov 28, 9:45 pm, Tom Crispin
wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 21:17:35 GMT,

(Ekul Namsob) wrote:
Tom Crispin wrote:

I took a group of 12 Year 2 children (age 6/7) to Greenwich Park to
hone their cycling skills.

I caught this crash on camera.

What happened? Who is responsible?

Note: no child was harmed is the taking of these photos.

Which photos Tom?

Errr... These ones.

www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/crash/

[Hides with red face]

Absolutely no idea. There are three pictures, one of which shows two
kids on the ground. The others are uninformative.

Maybe it is your fault as you are the member of staff in charge.
(OK, responsibility, not fault)

...d
Old November 28th 07, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Josey

"Tom Crispin" wrote in message

I caught this crash on camera.

What happened? Who is responsible?

Girl in red top didn't know left from right?

Wrong kind of leaves on the road?

Jc
Old November 28th 07, 10:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:07:14 GMT, Martin Dann
wrote:

Tom Crispin wrote:
I took a group of 12 Year 2 children (age 6/7) to Greenwich Park to
hone their cycling skills.

I caught this crash on camera.

What happened? Who is responsible?

It is difficult to see. Am I right in guessing that one kid turned left
across the path of a second kid?

That's what I thought at first - and that's pretty much what happened,
but not in the way you think.

You may find the answer in this photo...

www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/crash/crash01a
Old November 28th 07, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Martin

wrote:

Tom Crispin wrote:
I took a group of 12 Year 2 children (age 6/7) to Greenwich Park to
hone their cycling skills.

I caught this crash on camera.

What happened? Who is responsible?

It is difficult to see. Am I right in guessing that one kid turned left
across the path of a second kid?

That's what I thought at first - and that's pretty much what happened,
but not in the way you think.

You may find the answer in this photo...

www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/crash/crash01a

Looks like instead of riding up the left side, turning and riding
back, some of your little darlings rode up the wrong side. Maybe one
left(right?) hooked the other, or it was a head on at the turn (one
went up the right side, turned left, the other went up the left,
turned right).

...d

The Crash William O'Hara Techniques 2 September 26th 06 03:27 AM
My Crash ! bjorn General 15 September 11th 05 02:58 AM
Crash TimC Australia 5 December 9th 04 09:12 PM
Now That's A Crash! TBF::. Mountain Biking 10 November 13th 04 08:06 AM
My first crash. Simon Mason UK 39 March 11th 04 11:54 PM