mount shackle lock

Old September 26th 18, 05:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default mount shackle lock

I have a shackle lock which I'd like to have on
the frame. But the frame inner triangle is too
small even with all bottle cages removed
(besides, you don't want to remove 'em).

I thought about hanging the lock from the
downtube! The tube is too big for the original
parts to squeeze around, but perhaps one can
cut a pipe and then use that as a tube to hold
the lock, after fastening the pipe to
the downtube?

On would just have to cut the tapes holding the
wire and lead it next to the pipe.

The bike is a Scott Scale 960 and the lock is
180x245mm, weight 1.5kg. The lock diameter is
18mm, but there is an obtrusive part at one
place that is 29mm.

I tried and it isn't below the pedal at the
cranks vertical position, and also it doesn't
hit the wheel. So it should work, right?
But even tho I'm not riding this into the
forest, with rocks and branches, it still
don't feel 100% good...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
Old September 26th 18, 05:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Another idea is to do the same thing, only to
the left or right of the top tube. This will
add an imbalance of 1.5kg to the bike, but
since it is so centered anyway, it won't
matter, right?

Old September 26th 18, 05:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Another idea is to do the same thing, only to
the left or right of the top tube. This will
add an imbalance of 1.5kg to the bike, but
since it is so centered anyway, it won't
matter, right?

The bike is 12.6kg and the lock would just be
dikt an to the top tube.

Old September 26th 18, 06:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 9/26/2018 11:13 AM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
[...]

I don't know but many riders throw away the free holder and
slip such locks through rear carriers:

http://bikearlingtonforum.com/attach...3&d=1271453262

Or, most major brands have holders with off-axis mounting
since about 1990:
https://78.media.tumblr.com/87b620d1...FkV1spsahe.jpg

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old September 29th 18, 04:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Another idea is to do the same thing, only to
the left or right of the top tube. This will
add an imbalance of 1.5kg to the bike, but
since it is so centered anyway, it won't
matter, right?

Worked:

http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/bike/lock.jpg

Skills!