Melbourne bicycle shopping?

Old February 20th 04, 01:14 AM
yuri budilov

Default Melbourne bicycle shopping?

there was recently a thread best Sydney bicycle shops so I thought I
would ask about best Melbourne bicycle shops.....

?

thanks

Old February 20th 04, 03:32 AM
Joel Mayes

•In article , yuri budilov wrote:

there was recently a thread best Sydney bicycle shops so I thought I
would ask about best Melbourne bicycle shops.....

?

I really like Hillman Cycles in Brunswick, but am also quite fond of
Walkers Wheels in Montmerency, I'm sure Cecil Walker's will appear in
a lot of people list of best shops too

--
| Joel Mayes | /~\ ASCII Ribbon campaign
| Accordionist | \_/ stop HTML mail and news
| Musician | / \
| Music Teacher |
Old February 20th 04, 06:18 AM
John Smith

I really like Hillman Cycles in Brunswick, but am also quite fond of
Walkers Wheels in Montmerency, I'm sure Cecil Walker's will appear in
a lot of people list of best shops too

Walkers is a really nice place, although limited brands are on offer.
I buy anything there I can simply cause he is such a nice bloke.

Old February 20th 04, 01:40 PM
Joel Mayes

•In article , John Smith wrote:

I really like Hillman Cycles in Brunswick, but am also quite fond of
Walkers Wheels in Montmerency, I'm sure Cecil Walker's will appear in
a lot of people list of best shops too

Walkers is a really nice place, although limited brands are on offer.
I buy anything there I can simply cause he is such a nice bloke.

Yeah, Marcus is always good for a joke or a funny story from his
last ride :-), I still go there on occasion even though I now
live in Brunswick.

--
| Joel Mayes | /~\ ASCII Ribbon campaign
| Accordionist | \_/ stop HTML mail and news
| Musician | / \
| Music Teacher |
Old February 20th 04, 01:49 PM
FaHeL

Check these out...

http://www.cbdcycles.com.au/

http://www.jub.com.au/cycling/

http://www.bikenow.com.au/

http://www.bicycles.net.au/links/shops.html

http://www.phantomcycles.com.au/

http://www.freedommachine.com.au/frame_welcome.htm

http://www.deanwoods.com.au/main.html

'

http://www.cecilwalker.com.au/

Regards,

Joseph Nehme

__o

-\,

( ) / ( )

"John Smith" wrote in message
I really like Hillman Cycles in Brunswick, but am also quite fond of
Walkers Wheels in Montmerency, I'm sure Cecil Walker's will appear in
a lot of people list of best shops too

Walkers is a really nice place, although limited brands are on offer.
I buy anything there I can simply cause he is such a nice bloke.

---

Old February 20th 04, 01:52 PM
DRS

FaHeL wrote in message

[...]

http://www.bikes.com.au/

--

"The central problem with the concept of the 'Axis of Evil' is that it
involves an assumption that the US is the 'fulcrum of virtue'."

Old February 20th 04, 11:34 PM
cfsmtb

Agree with above, Walkers Wheels, plus Abbotsford Cycles & Spoke(n). Th
LBS you prefer tends to align with what you actually need. Components
New Bike? Friendly chat? etc

-

Old February 21st 04, 05:42 AM
hippy

"yuri budilov" wrote in message
there was recently a thread best Sydney bicycle shops so I thought I
would ask about best Melbourne bicycle shops.....

I used and recommend:
Cecil Walker Cycles, CBD
BikeLife, Hawthorn
Croydon Cycleworks, Croydon
Phantom Cycles, online
and a few others I can't remember.

hippy

Old February 21st 04, 11:04 AM
powinc

Thanks guys, that’s all well and good. But here in sleepy hollo
(Geelong), we have one particular store that does not want to know you
if your budget is under $3k

Here our local dealers and I try to support them when I can

1. Campone, a lovely couple runs the place. Stocks Trek, Merida and on
Cannondale, but I think it was sold last time I was in
2. Hendry's, out at Ocaen Grove and is a nice ride to get to. Stock
Trek and Trek/Lamond
3.Bikepower in Belmont, stocks Shogun
4. Marshalls, in Nth Geelong have two nice guys run this place an
stocks Specialized, Avanti and GT
5.Geelong City Cycles does not stock road bikes. X-mas and birthda
presents only
6.DeGrandi's, $500,000 worth of stock and $1,000,000 worth or attitude

powin

-

Old February 23rd 04, 12:13 AM
rickster

powinc wrote in message ...
[snip]

6.DeGrandi's, $500,000 worth of stock and $1,000,000 worth or attitude.

ah, Man , I love that. Spot on

RMan