Is black clothing compulsory?

Old February 1st 19, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

Default Is black clothing compulsory?

On 01/02/2019 06:55, Ian Smith wrote:
On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 02:30:17 +0000, JNugent wrote:
On 31/01/2019 22:34, Ian Smith wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 17:48:21 +0000, JNugent wrote:
On 31/01/2019 16:47, TMS320 wrote:
On 31/01/2019 13:27, JNugent wrote:
On 31/01/2019 10:01, TMS320 wrote:

At most junctions encountered on a journey the stop or give way
requirement applies to the other road user.

You never approach a Stop or Give Way sign?

The word I used was "most". (It is notable how often you have trouble
with words that express a non-binary concept.)

Your statement is nonsense.

No, it's true. On most journeys I drive, I go past more side-roads
than I emerge from side-roads. If you're driving a delivery round or
treating it as a maze-solving problem and always following the left
kerb it wouldn't be true, but otherwise I agree with TMS.

So there are about five or six times as many locations where other
traffic should give way to me than I give way to it, and that's not
counting each driveway and premises entrance.

Another rider who never has to give way.

So when I write, "I give way" you read "I never give way".
Well, that explains a lot.

No-one suggests that you have to give way when you are on the priority
route ("main road").

It is this tale of never having to give way which does not accord with
reality.
Old February 1st 19, 10:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

On 01/02/2019 08:29, TMS320 wrote:
On 01/02/2019 02:27, JNugent wrote:
On 31/01/2019 20:56, TMS320 wrote:
On 31/01/2019 17:48, JNugent wrote:
On 31/01/2019 16:47, TMS320 wrote:

Obedience and blind obedience are not the same thing. Do not
try to suggest otherwise.

There is no difference between obedeance and blind obedience when
it somes to traffic lights. Blind obedience is required by law.

Then you cannot explain the purpose of the law. Human laws must
justify their existence.

The majority rules?

Nope.

Well, it does. And the law is not negotiable. You seem to "think" it is,
but that's just you.
Old February 1st 19, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 31/01/2019 13:28, JNugent wrote:
On 31/01/2019 10:06, TMS320 wrote:
On 31/01/2019 01:29, JNugent wrote:

Then there will be no conflicts which you cause.

It's also very convenient to have such mobile goalposts.

Obey (all) the rules.
They apply to you, even though you "think" they don't.

You have forgotten where you started in this thread.
Old February 1st 19, 10:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 01/02/2019 09:01, JNugent wrote:
On 01/02/2019 08:29, TMS320 wrote:
On 01/02/2019 02:27, JNugent wrote:
On 31/01/2019 20:56, TMS320 wrote:
On 31/01/2019 17:48, JNugent wrote:
On 31/01/2019 16:47, TMS320 wrote:

Obedience and blind obedience are not the same thing. Do not
try to suggest otherwise.

There is no difference between obedeance and blind obedience when
it somes to traffic lights. Blind obedience is required by law.

Then you cannot explain the purpose of the law. Human laws must
justify their existence.

The majority rules?

Nope.

Well, it does. And the law is not negotiable. You seem to "think" it is,
but that's just you.

Then you really haven't a clue.
Old February 1st 19, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 01/02/2019 08:58, JNugent wrote:

Safety is enhanced by increasing levels of adherence to the rules.
The fact that someone else along the way won't exercise all the
caution they should, and might not obey the law, does not authorise
you or anyone else to be incautious or discourteous or to break the
law.

Your care home must be a bundle of fun with you around. Amazing they put
up with all your patronising.
Old February 1st 19, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

TMS320 wrote:
On 01/02/2019 08:58, JNugent wrote:

Safety is enhanced by increasing levels of adherence to the rules.
The fact that someone else along the way won't exercise all the
caution they should, and might not obey the law, does not authorise
you or anyone else to be incautious or discourteous or to break the
law.

Your care home must be a bundle of fun with you around. Amazing they
put up with all your patronising.

That crack was below the belt.
My mother was in a care home, you little piece of ****.

Old February 2nd 19, 12:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 01/02/2019 17:52, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
TMS320 wrote:
On 01/02/2019 08:58, JNugent wrote:

Safety is enhanced by increasing levels of adherence to the rules.
The fact that someone else along the way won't exercise all the
caution they should, and might not obey the law, does not authorise
you or anyone else to be incautious or discourteous or to break the
law.

Your care home must be a bundle of fun with you around. Amazing they
put up with all your patronising.

That crack was below the belt.
My mother was in a care home, you little piece of ****.

So was mine. What about it?

Old February 2nd 19, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 23:24:28 GMT, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

Ian Smith wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 17:48:21 +0000, JNugent wrote:
On 31/01/2019 16:47, TMS320 wrote:
On 31/01/2019 13:27, JNugent wrote:
On 31/01/2019 10:01, TMS320 wrote:

At most junctions encountered on a journey the stop or give way
requirement applies to the other road user.

You never approach a Stop or Give Way sign?

The word I used was "most". (It is notable how often you have
trouble with words that express a non-binary concept.)

Your statement is nonsense.

[]
So there are about five or six times as many locations where other
traffic should give way to me than I give way to it, and that's not
counting each driveway and premises entrance.

regards, Ian SMith

How very interesting.
You sad little ****.

Well reasoned as usual. Foulmouth.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.
Old February 2nd 19, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

wrote:
On 31/01/2019 16:47, TMS320 wrote:
On 31/01/2019 13:27, JNugent wrote:
On 31/01/2019 10:01, TMS320 wrote:

At most junctions encountered on a journey the stop or give way
requirement applies to the other road user.

You never approach a Stop or Give Way sign?

The word I used was "most". (It is notable how often you have
trouble with words that express a non-binary concept.)

Your statement is nonsense.

[]
So there are about five or six times as many locations where other
traffic should give way to me than I give way to it, and that's not
counting each driveway and premises entrance.

regards, Ian SMith

How very interesting.
You sad little ****.

Well reasoned as usual. Foulmouth.

Poor little snowflake.
You disgust me.
Now, just **** off and tell mummy how upset you are.

Old February 2nd 19, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

On Sat, 02 Feb 2019 17:25:39 GMT, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 23:24:28 GMT, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

[]

How very interesting.
You sad little ****.