Seat post weight difference

Old December 20th 16, 09:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Seat post weight difference

On 2016-12-19 12:11, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

Drilling a hole in a seatpost so that you can have wires exiting from
it is just asking for a broken seatpost due to the very uneven and
sideways forces put on it during off road riding.

Sideways forces are quite low. The frame of my MTB is built for hard
cornering but I rarely do that. If I do I have one foot out on the
dirt
like the motocross guys. Ruins shoes fast though.

Hmm. Will we see complaints that you get too few miles out of shoes,
and that your shoe cost per mile is unreasonable?

"Why can't my shoes last as long as the bumpers on my SUV???"

BTDT. I wasn't very happy that shoes only gave me 1000mi of hiking and
then fall apart. My solution is simple. I now only buy them online or at
Costco and no fancy brands. Because I found out that a $70 shoe does not
last longer than one for $19.95 and that the wearing comfort is also
fairly identical. I do it the same way with bicycle tires which is why
my MTB tires are Asian.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Absolutely astoundintg, ASTOUNDING I say, that ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ever
works for you.

Sure it does. I've fixed that by finding the best price/endurance ratio.

Cheers

Pretty astounding that someone thinks 70 bucks is expensive for hiking
boots. Maybe I'm used to the the CA exchange rate though...

That's 7c per mile. Even my MTB rear tire costs less per mile (but only
the Asian ones).

Old December 20th 16, 09:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2016-12-19 12:11, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

[...]

https://www.google.com/search?q=wood...twsGpPCBR5M%3A

Much better, all iron:

https://ixquick-proxy.com/do/show_pi...4a4e4cb8b59f40

Old December 20th 16, 11:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 12/20/2016 3:49 PM, wrote:
On Monday, December 19, 2016 at 3:27:18 PM UTC-8, Doug Landau wrote:

I'm talking about this piece of ****, which is more often seen in black, and slips even when you think you've tightened it enough
http://www.bikepro.com/products/seatposts/ritch.shtml

The only time I've had that one slip is when the teeth weren't properly engaged which was easy to miss.

The Sugino of that style has teeth, Ritchey and Campagnolo
do not, relying on dissimilar curves between post and bottom
plate.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old December 21st 16, 12:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Pretty astounding that someone thinks 70 bucks is expensive for hiking
boots. Maybe I'm used to the the CA exchange rate though...

not hiking boots.

Big Bend asks for an interview or 2 before proceeding to Point A.

I survived excessive snarling n solicitation during interview 1 and went on to a scheduled 2.

at interview 2 where I was asked to sign a loyalty oath, have a photo for corps ID taken, and a photo of my sneaker bottoms. Tarzan of the Outback before me had $350 boots suitably broken in ...

My sneakers were $100 sand treads of AAA construction. None better. I left the $100 water resistant teva sandals in the van.

The photographer sneared n expostulated at me for wearing weenie desert footwear....'are you hiking in that ? he threatened ... the crowd threw stones...

a voice from the rear called wearily, 'John, he's canoeing.'

a place for J on vacation. call Texas Sports for a ride in the oven.

Old December 21st 16, 03:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at 3:07:12 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
On 12/20/2016 3:49 PM, wrote:
On Monday, December 19, 2016 at 3:27:18 PM UTC-8, Doug Landau wrote:

I'm talking about this piece of ****, which is more often seen in black, and slips even when you think you've tightened it enough
http://www.bikepro.com/products/seatposts/ritch.shtml

The only time I've had that one slip is when the teeth weren't properly engaged which was easy to miss.

The Sugino of that style has teeth, Ritchey and Campagnolo
do not, relying on dissimilar curves between post and bottom
plate.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

I don't have it any more but I'm pretty certain that I had a Richey that had teeth on it. I got rid of it because holding the saddle level was exactly between two of the teeth. I never had a problem with the friction fit ones.

But I had all the trouble in the world with the Richey carbon one bolt system that would NOT hold. Until I had re-tightened it about the twentieth time and I think that it finally engaged enough of the mechanism to have sufficient friction.