pacific coast bike ride

Old September 14th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Default pacific coast bike ride

Thanks again for all of the advice.
I now have another question. I have a friend who is thinking about
coming with me, but her bike probably won't be able to make the trip.
Would it be worth finding an old 10 speed and maybe upgrading the
components? She doesn't want to spend more than $250.

Old September 14th 06, 03:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Geoffrey Delano writes:

Thanks again for all of the advice.

I now have another question. I have a friend who is thinking about
coming with me, but her bike probably won't be able to make the
trip. Would it be worth finding an old 10 speed and maybe upgrading
the components? She doesn't want to spend more than $250.

Don't waste the money, borrow a bicycle. There are enough guys around
who have more than one bicycle and if you offer to do some
maintenance, like new tires and a brake tune-up, it should be easy.
That way you get to use a GOOD bicycle and the owner gets some benefit.

Jobst Brandt