Bike paths in New Jersey

Old September 21st 06, 02:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Fred

Default Bike paths in New Jersey

I was hoping someone could recommend a couple of good bike paths in New
Jersey or eastern PA.
I live in New Jersey and the next couple of weekends I'd like to find
some areas to ride with kids 10 and 13. Would like to hit the area
above Trenton one weekend, the shore area another and the Poconos. If
anyone knows of any 10 to 20 mile paths/loops it would be great. I live
just under Trenton and east of Philadelphia.

Thanks

Old September 21st 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Roy Zipris

Fred wrote:
I was hoping someone could recommend a couple of good bike paths in New Jersey or eastern
PA. I live in New Jersey and the next couple of weekends I'd like to find some areas to ride with
kids 10 and 13. Would like to hit the area above Trenton one weekend, the shore area another and
the Poconos. If anyone knows of any 10 to 20 mile paths/loops it would be great. I live just under
Trenton and east of Philadelphia.

Head up towards Washington Crossing Park, Lambertville, Stockton, or
Bulls Island, and head north on the trail along the river. Depending on
where you start and how far the kids can manage, you can stop for a
break in Lambertville, Stockton, or Frenchtown. Unfortunately, the PA
towpath, which runs from Morrisville up to Easton, was decimated by
floods in April 2005, so it's only passable in spots.

Cnetral Bucks Bike Club has an event. the Covered Bridges Ride, on
October 15 (do I have the date right?), where you can take the kids up
to Tinicum Park, then do either a 20 or 30 mile flat ride on the NJ
trail along the Delaware. Between the various ride options
offered--20, 30. 50, or 63 miles--we get ~2,800 riders, so come join
the fun.

There are the Schuylkill and Lower Perkiomen trails, from Phialdelphia
up into Montgomery County. You can start at Betzwood Park, opposite
Valley Forge National Park, and go north on the Lower Perkiomen, a nice
ride.

Although I don't have access to them at the moment, you can get
information about these trails and the CBBC rideon line. Regards, Roy
Zipris

Old September 21st 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Roy Zipris

Fred wrote:
I was hoping someone could recommend a couple of good bike paths in New Jersey or eastern
PA. I live in New Jersey and the next couple of weekends I'd like to find some areas to ride with
kids 10 and 13. Would like to hit the area above Trenton one weekend, the shore area another and
the Poconos. If anyone knows of any 10 to 20 mile paths/loops it would be great. I live just under
Trenton and east of Philadelphia.

Head up towards Washington Crossing Park, Lambertville, Stockton, or
Bulls Island, and head north on the trail along the river. Depending on
where you start and how far the kids can manage, you can stop for a
break in Lambertville, Stockton, or Frenchtown. Unfortunately, the PA
towpath, which runs from Morrisville up to Easton, was decimated by
floods in April 2005, so it's only passable in spots.

Central Bucks Bike Club has an event, the Covered Bridges Ride, on

Old September 21st 06, 12:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Bill Cotton

"Fred" wrote in message
oups.com...
I was hoping someone could recommend a couple of good bike paths in New
Jersey or eastern PA.
I live in New Jersey and the next couple of weekends I'd like to find
some areas to ride with kids 10 and 13. Would like to hit the area
above Trenton one weekend, the shore area another and the Poconos. If
anyone knows of any 10 to 20 mile paths/loops it would be great. I live
just under Trenton and east of Philadelphia.

Thanks

http://www.billcotton.com/philadelph...cle_trails.htm Many in both
states are on my web page above. All of New Jersey' bike paths are on the
web. Mercer county is here http://www.mercercounty.org/parks/parks.htm Go to
home on that page for other counties.

Old September 22nd 06, 12:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Bill Cotton wrote:
"Fred" wrote in message
oups.com...
I was hoping someone could recommend a couple of good bike paths in New
Jersey or eastern PA.
I live in New Jersey and the next couple of weekends I'd like to find
some areas to ride with kids 10 and 13. Would like to hit the area
above Trenton one weekend, the shore area another and the Poconos. If
anyone knows of any 10 to 20 mile paths/loops it would be great. I live
just under Trenton and east of Philadelphia.

Thanks

http://www.billcotton.com/philadelph...cle_trails.htm Many in both
states are on my web page above. All of New Jersey' bike paths are on the
web. Mercer county is here http://www.mercercounty.org/parks/parks.htm Go to
home on that page for other counties.

The New Jersey Bike Map has a section on bike paths. See
http://www.njbikemap.com/

Jack Elias
Webmaster
Suburban Cyclists Unlimited (SCU)