2006 Mt Diablo Challenge Bike Race video

Old October 3rd 06, 06:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
msnoonan

Default 2006 Mt Diablo Challenge Bike Race video

I mounted a digital camera to the handlebar of my bike and recorded the
entire "up", plus the "down", of the 2006 Mt Diablo Challenge Bike
Race, held on Sunday, October 1, 2006 in Danville, California. I
started in the middle of the "third wave" and finished in 1:15:07, and
came down in the middle of the first group that was allowed back down
the mountain. The camera was only a 2.2 megapixel, so the quality is
just ok, and the sound quality is dreadful (when in motion, it sounds
like gravel in a blender), but if anyone wants a copy of the video
(because maybe they actually might be in it and they want to see how
they look on video), they're welcome to it. That's if they know how to
transfer files of 894 megabytes (up) and 439 megabytes (down) somehow,
like maybe to some internet server somewhere that allows big files.
The size of those file eliminates sending them as email attachments
since most email servers have an attachment size limit well below that.
What I did with them was cut a DVD, so this winter when it's dark and
raining outside, I can sit in my living room and watch a DVD while I
spin on the going-nowhere stationary bike and maybe think I'm actually
going somewhere back up on Mt Diablo.