Cadel Evans Australian?

Old July 30th 07, 07:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,aus.bicycle,aus.sport,aus.tv
Kyle Legate

Default Cadel Evans Australian?

Big LN wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 30, 2:49 pm, "Big LN" wrote:
They're just jealous that once again a Victorian shows up the other
states
and territories. NT born, Victorian bred. Good onya Cadel.

'Onya

Actually he lived in NSW for a while. Attended school for about 5
years in a regional town, left in Yr 7 IIRC (so naturally the local
rag has claimed him as a local lad made good)

It was the hills around Arthurs Creek in Victoria that made him the champion
he is today. He was a local mountain-bike legend before he got onto the
racers. Katherine, NT and regional NSW can put in their claims but they
amount to zero in regards to where he developed his profession.

'Onya

Yikes! This thread brought out all the Cadel stockers.
Old July 30th 07, 09:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,aus.bicycle,aus.sport,aus.tv
Michael Warner[_2_]

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 15:58:20 +1000, Big LN wrote:

It was the hills around Arthurs Creek in Victoria that made him the champion
he is today.

Was that where he had the nasty accident which wrecked his testicles? :-)
Old July 30th 07, 12:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,aus.bicycle,aus.sport,aus.tv
mal

If he'd had some West Aussie spirit things may have been different.

No one likes the touch of a Bill Lawry.

Old July 30th 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,aus.bicycle,aus.sport,aus.tv
Patrick Turner

Kyle Legate wrote:

Big LN wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 30, 2:49 pm, "Big LN" wrote:
They're just jealous that once again a Victorian shows up the other
states
and territories. NT born, Victorian bred. Good onya Cadel.

'Onya
Actually he lived in NSW for a while. Attended school for about 5
years in a regional town, left in Yr 7 IIRC (so naturally the local
rag has claimed him as a local lad made good)

It was the hills around Arthurs Creek in Victoria that made him the champion
he is today. He was a local mountain-bike legend before he got onto the
racers. Katherine, NT and regional NSW can put in their claims but they
amount to zero in regards to where he developed his profession.

'Onya

Yikes! This thread brought out all the Cadel stockers.

I could never be proud of being a Nationalist, or of nationalism,
or of sportsmen who win ungratiously, and lose with tantrums,
but I can be proud of what Cadel has achieved as an Australian,
and he shows some intelligence when he's interviewed.

All too often we see larrikins performing well in some sport or other,
like Shane Warne in cricket.
But only a few sportsmen pass the test of being a gentleman.

Patrick Turner.

PS, not many decent hills in Catherine.

Canberra has some real corkers, and not far away are the Snowies,
and some long steep climbs.
Old July 30th 07, 03:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,aus.bicycle,aus.sport,aus.tv
Harold Hughes - Activity Director (The Buttery)

Andy wrote:
The bloke speak wit a French accent.

sacre bleau!

Get over it you fair weather ozzies: He is not an Australian.

But he will be the TDF winner within the next few days.
Old July 30th 07, 04:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,aus.bicycle,aus.sport,aus.tv
Joe Roach

"Theo Bekkers" wrote in message
Dorfus Dippintush wrote:
Felix wrote:
"Andy" wrote
The bloke speak wit a French accent.

sacre bleau!

Get over it you fair weather ozzies: He is not an Australian.

Agreed. Us Australians ****ing love to jump on a bandwagon. It's
pathetic.

Having one wrong person on the newsgroup is an accident, having two
is a tragedy.

He was born in Katherine in the Northern Territory. You can't get
much more Aussie than that. Red Australian dust is in his blood.

I must confess I wasn't born here (or yesterday) and I still have a
discernable Dutch accent. I do have an Australian passport and have been
an Australian citizen longer than most people on this group.

You are a citizen of the country whose passport you hold, but you will
always have some affection and ties to the country of your birth. And
there's nothing wrong with that.

Theo

Ah well in that case the UK can claim Robbie McEwan

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai.../sobren109.xml

Old July 30th 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,aus.bicycle,aus.sport,aus.tv
TimC

On 2007-07-30, Patrick Turner (aka Bruce)
Kyle Legate wrote:
Yikes! This thread brought out all the Cadel stockers.

I could never be proud of being a Nationalist, or of nationalism,
or of sportsmen who win ungratiously, and lose with tantrums,
but I can be proud of what Cadel has achieved as an Australian,
and he shows some intelligence when he's interviewed.

Although I hope the ones that make him sound like a whinging prat are
just poorly selected soundbites.

--
TimC
An Emacs reference mug is what I want. It would hold ten gallons of coffee.
Old July 31st 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,aus.bicycle,aus.sport,aus.tv
Big LN

"Joe Roach" wrote in message

Ah well in that case the UK can claim Robbie McEwan

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai.../sobren109.xml

Wrong. They can claim his parents. Queensland can claim him as he was born
there and Canberra can claim him as he developed his profession there.

'Onya

Old July 31st 07, 09:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,aus.bicycle,aus.sport,aus.tv
Michael Warner[_2_]

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 07:17:22 -0400, mal wrote:

No one likes the touch of a Bill Lawry.

Especially not pigeons. His name is on several avian molestation
registers.
Old July 31st 07, 03:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,aus.bicycle,aus.sport,aus.tv
Joe Roach

"Big LN" wrote in message
"Joe Roach" wrote in message

Ah well in that case the UK can claim Robbie McEwan

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai.../sobren109.xml

Wrong. They can claim his parents. Queensland can claim him as he was born
there and Canberra can claim him as he developed his profession there.

'Onya

In that case we want his UK passport back. There are plenty of illegal
immigrants who would be grateful to receive it.

Cadel Evans dewatf Australia 18 July 25th 07 02:51 AM
Cadel Evans: Tactics 'out of order'? HomelessDave Racing 5 July 22nd 05 08:22 PM
Cadel Evans David Ferguson Racing 0 July 22nd 05 03:14 AM
Cadel Evans David Ferguson Racing 1 July 22nd 05 02:38 AM
Cadel Evans to Lotto? patch70 Racing 6 August 5th 04 07:37 AM