Origin of the Word "Filtering"

Old February 20th 12, 08:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill[_3_]

Default Origin of the Word "Filtering"

There is little question is is good for the mind:

http://bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/hea...gyN/story.html

Bret Cahill

Old February 21st 12, 07:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill[_3_]

There is little question is is good for the mind:

http://bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/hea...2/20/predictor...

Bret Cahill

I though you might enjoy this video, Brad.

That's "Bret."

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/filtering.mp4

A little tight with that bus.

I can focus on certain things better in the desert but cycling in town
[dozens of operations/min] must be good for the mind.

This might explain why there are surprisingly few accidents in places
where they drive crazy.

I was vaguely thinking along these lines for several months and the
Boston study just confirmed it.

Most people would rather be moving -- even if it means taking a longer
time -- than be stuck sitting in traffic.

I read somewhere a worm would rather die than go through a smooth
[boring] plastic tube.

This needs to be considered when making decisions on transportation
solutions.

Bret Cahill

Old February 21st 12, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 21/02/2012 06:53, Bret Cahill wrote:
There is little question is is good for the mind:

http://bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/hea...2/20/predictor...

Bret Cahill

I though you might enjoy this video, Brad.

That's "Bret."

Ha ha!

Mason ****s up again!

University
Old February 21st 12, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 08:21:06 +0000, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

On 21/02/2012 06:53, Bret Cahill wrote:
There is little question is is good for the mind:

http://bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/hea...2/20/predictor...

Bret Cahill

I though you might enjoy this video, Brad.

That's "Bret."

Ha ha!

Mason ****s up again!

I think that you are being slightly unfair.

If you had drunk 12 pints, it was 5 in the morning, and you were trying to
sober up before you ventured out in the ****ing rain, then I am sure that you
could make a mistake over a name - particularly when they start with the same
letter.

Old February 21st 12, 01:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Feb 21, 6:53*am, Bret Cahill wrote:
[...]

Sorry, Bret.
I was still half asleep :-)
I agree that the worst thing about driving a car is waiting in line -
today I drove into the tail end of a 15 mile long jam, but luckily our
exit was just still clear, so we turned off.
We then had a two hour long walk in the early Spring sunshine - a
balmy 60F today.

--
Simon Mason