Greetings from Brooklyn

Old May 17th 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
morganmorgan

Default Greetings from Brooklyn

Hello all...I am really new to unicycling.

About two weeks ago I made the mistake of wasting $100 on a Cyclepro
unicycle being sold in a Manhattan bike shop. The thing is a piece of
crap. The pedals each fell off within three days of purchase and the
nut to adjust the seat somehow got stripped so I was forced to saw off
the bolt completely and replace it. Also, the seat is extremly
uncomfortable. It also seems to wobble and feels very unstable. Though
I suspect this is due to the cheap cranks it may be just because I'm
learning to ride the damn thing so that might be normal...?

I am wondering a few things...is it really more difficult to learn to
ride on a cheaper unicycle? My instinct has been telling me the answer
is, yes!

I am thinking of junking the Cyclepro and investing in a Torker....The
cost of a CX seems to be about $100...the DX is $110...is there any
difference between these two models? I really like the way the CX comes
in orange, so I'm leaning towards that model unless there is a strong
reason to go with the LX. The last thing I wish to do is waste more
money.

I imagine there are several threads that already address some of these
issues...if so, can you please point me to them?

Your feedback is appreciated.

Gracias!

--
morganmorgan
Old May 17th 08, 12:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hydrophidian

The LX is much better than the CX. From what I understand, the CX is
basically the little kid's, beginner's model. If it's a decision
between the CX and LX, go with the LX. My two cents.

-Rico
Old May 17th 08, 02:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
agentQ

Yes go with the LX, Much better.

Yay for NYC unicycling,

--
agentQ

'*)--SmallSpin-'O,*'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiFMXG116BE)
'*)---TreFlip-'O,'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpT0YFDgmz4)
'*)--DoubbleFlip-'O,*'
(http://www.vimeo.com/683454)
---
'Uneed Films' (http://www.uneedfilms.com)
Old May 17th 08, 05:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
peleschramm

From what you are describing, I assume that they put the wheel on
backwards and the pedals untightened.

Regardless, cyclepros are crap. Go with the LX, best first uni ever.

--
peleschramm

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=peleproductions
unicycle for atheism.