A helmet for monsieur's helmet, perhaps?

Old August 10th 12, 08:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Default A helmet for monsieur's helmet, perhaps?

I sense that cyclists may soon be getting a visit from the same helmet
fairy who has left a surprise for those football playing choads over
yonder:

http://www.guardiancaps.com/

It's a helmet. For a helmet. Because if one magic hat is good, two
are extra-good!

And if making one accessory sale is good, selling an accessory for the
accessory is even better.

Chalo
Old August 10th 12, 02:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
john B.

On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 00:28:47 -0700 (PDT), Chalo
wrote:

I sense that cyclists may soon be getting a visit from the same helmet
fairy who has left a surprise for those football playing choads over
yonder:

http://www.guardiancaps.com/

It's a helmet. For a helmet. Because if one magic hat is good, two
are extra-good!

And if making one accessory sale is good, selling an accessory for the
accessory is even better.

Chalo

But the hats are only part of what is necessary. See
http://www.xsportsprotective.com/mou...ody-armor.html
for a complete outfit.

Cheers,
John B.
Old August 11th 12, 02:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Friday, August 10, 2012 8:28:47 AM UTC+1, Chalo wrote:
I sense that cyclists may soon be getting a visit from the same helmet

fairy who has left a surprise for those football playing choads over

yonder:

http://www.guardiancaps.com/

It's a helmet. For a helmet. Because if one magic hat is good, two

are extra-good!

And if making one accessory sale is good, selling an accessory for the

accessory is even better.

Chalo

Whether anyone requires a second hat on his hat depends on how much brains he has to protect. On request I shall publish my list of RBT members on which even a first hat will be wasted, never mind a second one.

***

Interesting how the text plays on the fears of the mothers. I think the kids will resist this "sissie" venture...
Old August 11th 12, 04:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

I've had a helmet cover for decades. I hope I remember where I put it
before cold weather sets in.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net
Old August 11th 12, 06:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Joy Beeson wrote:

I've had a helmet cover for decades. *I hope I remember where I put it
before cold weather sets in.

Have you considered getting a helmet cover cover for your helmet
cover?

How about a shock absorbing protector for your helmet cover, covered
by a shock absorbing protector cover?

Then maybe an overhelmet for the whole thing, for safety.

Chalo
Old August 11th 12, 10:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Saturday, August 11, 2012 4:35:47 AM UTC+1, Joy Beeson wrote:
I've had a helmet cover for decades. I hope I remember where I put it

before cold weather sets in.

--

Joy Beeson

joy beeson at comcast dot net

I have a coldweather helmet cover too, for my Bell Citi or Metro. But I found thing stiflingly hot because it cuts off air circulation. (I live in a mild climate. Icy roads are rare enough to occasion comment. The pedal pals still talk about how I slid back down a hill I stormed up-- three years ago..)

What I wear instead, under the helmet, for night rides and winter rides, is a thin skull cap made for runners. Last year I bought one to try, and only yesterday I told my wife that if they come into stock again at Lidl to buy me several. I say skull cap but the thing is deep enough to pull over your ears and keep them warm, without cutting off your aural awareness of traffic approaching from behind. Some kind of poly-something, with a bio-something treatment so it doesn't smell too soon. Probably pricey as branded "sports" gear, cheap at the German supermarket in my Irish village, but it only comes into stock for four days every year...

When it gets really cold, I have a knitted woollen cap with a hard visor, designed in Milan and bought there, as perky fashion for young girls. Same deal over the ears. Unfortunately white, so occasionally it needs washing and it takes a while drying. I wish I could get another one. Also worn under the helmet. It looks like retro fashion, something Mary Quant might have designed back in the days of the Beatles, when John Stephen of Carnaby St cut my suits in such loud checks that at the polo people tried to place bets with me.

I also have a padded leather jacket for dawn rides in midwinter frosts, and angora underwear to go with it. I shivering roadie said to me once, "What the **** are you smiling about?" He thought though I was sending him up, but I was just telling the truth when I said, "My angora are tickling me."
Old August 11th 12, 05:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

wrote:
I sense that cyclists may soon be getting a visit from the same helmet
fairy who has left a surprise for those football playing choads over
yonder:

http://www.guardiancaps.com/

It's a helmet. For a helmet. Because if one magic hat is good, two
are extra-good!

And if making one accessory sale is good, selling an accessory for the
accessory is even better.

Chalo

But the hats are only part of what is necessary. Seehttp://www.xsportsprotective.com/mountain-bike-body-armor.html
for a complete outfit.

http://www.atlantictactical.com/mmCA...ining-suit.jpg
Old August 11th 12, 05:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Aug 10, 6:26 pm, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

Note to Frank (who is so fond of saying that I criticize his
"imagined" supercilious interpersonal style, but let others slide for
impolite terminology), the archives will show that I have called Andre
out. It's a big, big world and no one knows who is the fastest bike
rider or the biggest narcissist.
Old August 11th 12, 06:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Wes Groleau

On 08-11-2012 05:49, Andre Jute wrote:
What I wear instead, under the helmet, for night rides and winter rides, is a thin skull cap made for runners. Last year I bought one to try, and only yesterday I told my wife that if they come into stock again at Lidl to buy me several. I say skull cap but the thing is deep enough to pull over your ears and keep them warm, without cutting off your aural awareness of traffic approaching from behind. Some kind of poly-something, with a bio-something treatment so it doesn't smell too soon. Probably pricey as branded "sports" gear, cheap at the German supermarket in my Irish village, but it only comes into stock for four days every year...

I just adjust my helmet so that it fits over my hoodie. I tried putting
the hoodie over it, but no matter how tight I pulled the strings, the
wind would blow it off.

Before that, I tried a thing that covered all but eyes. Had holes for
nose and mouth, nevertheless enough of my breath came out the eye holes
that I had to keep stopping to wipe my glasses. Putting chem lab
goggles over the glasses didn't help.

--
Wes Groleau

There are more Baroque musicians than any other kind.

Old August 11th 12, 07:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Aug 11, 10:37 am, Wes Groleau wrote:
[...]

I have a Descent headband made of "Coldout" fabric (don't let it lay
flat on itself when wet, the care instructions say; be sure to orient
physically symmetrical headband with the logo pointing down, else
you've got Descent backwards, I say). Putting that over my ears under
my helmet cuts the pain there, and raises my total body temperature.
If I can sit up for a minute and ride no hands, I can remove my
helmet, remove the headband, replace my helmet, stuff headband in
messenger bag or pocket, and ride on cooler (or vice versa, I
suppose). Change gloves on the go, too, for same effects. I love the
modular gear like that and arm and knee warmers that you can slide to
adjust.