CO2 Connectors - Threaded vs Unthreaded

Old July 16th 19, 05:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default CO2 Connectors - Threaded vs Unthreaded

On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 7:10:44 PM UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 3:20:58 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:

The scientists say the egg came way before the chicken, because animals much
more primitive than chickens had been laying eggs for millions of years
before there were birds of any kind.

But those people saying that are evil evolutionists. They don't understand that
God put fossils in the ground to test our faith. He's infinitely tricky!

- Frank Krygowski

Show us ONE proof that ANY evolution ever led to a new species. That has NEVER been found and the theory of evolution is still noting more than a theory.

Wow.

- Frank Krygowski

Old July 16th 19, 05:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 16/7/19 10:47 am, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 10:22:42 +1000, James
wrote:

On 15/7/19 5:12 pm, John B. wrote:
On Sun, 14 Jul 2019 22:42:12 -0700 (PDT), Chalo
wrote:

That's grams, not ounces.

And it's a pretty horrendous misuse of resources just to avoid pumping.

Try pumping oh say a 700-25C tire to 90 psi with one of those little
short pocket sized pumps :-)

Lezyne make a range of bike pumps. I use a small "road drive" model,
that would easily fit in a back pocket, though I much prefer using the
holder that attaches between the frame and bottle cage.

I have absolutely no problem pumping up my tyres to 90 psi and more. :-)

I have no problems with pumping tires to 90 psi but sitting there on
the side of the road with the rain beating down and the cars zipping
by splashing mud I just find it a lot more satisfying to use CO2 -
"psssit" and you are back on the bike. :-)

Of course in your haste you didn't check the tyre well enough and the
spare gets punctured just down the road.

So while I may eventually run out of patches, I guarantee you will run
out of CO2 first. ;-)

--
JS
Old July 16th 19, 06:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

wrote:

That's grams, not ounces.

And it's a pretty horrendous misuse of resources just to avoid pumping.

Try pumping oh say a 700-25C tire to 90 psi with one of those little
short pocket sized pumps :-)

Lezyne make a range of bike pumps. I use a small "road drive" model,
that would easily fit in a back pocket, though I much prefer using the
holder that attaches between the frame and bottle cage.

I have absolutely no problem pumping up my tyres to 90 psi and more. :-)

I have no problems with pumping tires to 90 psi but sitting there on
the side of the road with the rain beating down and the cars zipping
by splashing mud I just find it a lot more satisfying to use CO2 -
"psssit" and you are back on the bike. :-)

Of course in your haste you didn't check the tyre well enough and the
spare gets punctured just down the road.

:-) Not necessarily so. The sitting by the roadside in the rain I
described was two "finish nails" through the tire. Punctured the first
time, pulled the nail out changed the tube and almost exactly 1
kilometer down the road punctured again, the same kind of nail. I had
used up the only spare tube I was carrying, the patches won't stick,
it is raining.

A guy came along on a 120cc Honda and offered me a ride home and that
is when I discovered the great advantage to an aluminum bicycle... it
is light enough that you can carry it over one shoulder while riding
pillion on a small motorcycle :-)

So while I may eventually run out of patches, I guarantee you will run
out of CO2 first. ;-)

Since that rainy morning I carry spare tubes and CO2 cartridges.
And, I used to also carry a pump. But I gave that up after a couple of
years with no punctures at all :-)

I have two spare tubes and two CO2 cartridges on each bike and (knock
on wood) I haven't , so far, needed the second tube.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old July 16th 19, 06:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 21:05:13 -0700 (PDT), Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 8:30:21 PM UTC-4, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 16:10:42 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 3:20:58 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 6:09:22 PM UTC-4, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 13:05:17 -0000 (UTC), dave
wrote:

On Sat, 13 Jul 2019 17:01:15 +0200, Tosspot wrote:

A discussion down there --v or up there --^ reminded me CO2 cartridges
come in a least two connectors, threaded and not. I've been caught by
this.

Why the difference? Who cam first?

The chicken.

But where did the chicken come from? The Ark :-?

The scientists say the egg came way before the chicken, because animals much
more primitive than chickens had been laying eggs for millions of years
before there were birds of any kind.

But those people saying that are evil evolutionists. They don't understand that
God put fossils in the ground to test our faith. He's infinitely tricky!

- Frank Krygowski

Show us ONE proof that ANY evolution ever led to a new species. That has NEVER been found and the theory of evolution is still noting more than a theory.

They can show that modern man has DNA sequences that are the same as
ancient man like creatures:

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0002700
We typed the mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) hypervariable region I in a
28,000 years old Cro-Magnoid individual from the Paglicci cave, in
Italy...

The Paglicci 23 individual carried a mtDNA sequence that is still
common in Europe, and which radically differs from those of the almost
contemporary Neandertals, demonstrating a genealogical continuity
across 28,000 years, from Cro-Magnoid to modern Europeans.

Yesterday I saw one of my friends - a PhD biologist - wearing a T-shirt that
said "Science is not a liberal conspiracy."

It's sad that it's now necessary to say that.

- Frank Krygowski

I don't think it is"now" I think it has always been almost the norm.
Read the accounts of Ignaz Semmelweis and his battles to get doctors
to wash their hands.

There is even a "Semmelweis Effect" a metaphor for the reflex-like
tendency to reject new evidence or new knowledge because it
contradicts established norms, beliefs or paradigms.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old July 16th 19, 07:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 5:05:12 PM UTC+2, Frank Krygowski wrote:
wrote:

That's grams, not ounces.

And it's a pretty horrendous misuse of resources just to avoid pumping.

Try pumping oh say a 700-25C tire to 90 psi with one of those little
short pocket sized pumps :-)

Framefit pumps still work, quickly, zefal hpx, just because worse
solutions have been invented doesn't mean you have to switch to them.

Someone else telling me what to do with my money. The same person that was supporting electronic shifting?

Sheesh. It's getting to where a person can't state an opinion without triggering
someone else.

You love CO2 cartridges? Fine, use them. If we ever ride together and you need
to use my pump, I'll loan it to you. You won't be the first.

- Frank Krygowski

Like I offer one of my CO2 cartidges after a riding buddy f*cked with 2 or 3 clown pumps (copyright Jay) that don't work and I'm fed up with it and getting cold. Won't be the first time.

Lou
Old July 16th 19, 02:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 5:20:04 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:

wrote:

On Sat, 13 Jul 2019 17:01:15 +0200, Tosspot wrote:

A discussion down there --v or up there --^ reminded me CO2 cartridges
come in a least two connectors, threaded and not. I've been caught by
this.

Why the difference? Who cam first?

The chicken.

But where did the chicken come from? The Ark :-?

The scientists say the egg came way before the chicken, because animals much
more primitive than chickens had been laying eggs for millions of years
before there were birds of any kind.

But those people saying that are evil evolutionists. They don't understand that
God put fossils in the ground to test our faith. He's infinitely tricky!

- Frank Krygowski

On the other hand if the Christian/Jewish/Moslem God made the universe
and everything in it might he/she/it have created lizards and as
he/she/it rested on the seventh day might that be interpreted as the
period from the creation to modern times giving those pesky lizards
time to grow feathers and learn to fly?
--
cheers,

John B.

Never having read the Bible you can be excused for not having even an inkling what is in it.
Old July 16th 19, 02:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

wrote:

[...]

So perhaps you'd like to tell us what that is supposed to mean since 90% of DNA is nothing more than noise?
Old July 16th 19, 03:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

wrote:

[...]

"Science" like the man-made global warming that doesn't exist?
Old July 16th 19, 03:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 9:06:32 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 7:10:44 PM UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 3:20:58 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:

The scientists say the egg came way before the chicken, because animals much
more primitive than chickens had been laying eggs for millions of years
before there were birds of any kind.

But those people saying that are evil evolutionists. They don't understand that
God put fossils in the ground to test our faith. He's infinitely tricky!

- Frank Krygowski

Show us ONE proof that ANY evolution ever led to a new species. That has NEVER been found and the theory of evolution is still noting more than a theory.

Wow.

- Frank Krygowski

Rather than show any doubt why don't you show us even a single instance of evolution causing speciation?
Old July 16th 19, 03:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

wrote:

[...]

I've read the Bible. I've even read the Book of Mormon. O.K., part of it and even parts of the Koran and parts of Buddhist and Hindu texts. I've also read "Horton Hears a Who!" I'm not sure which one is the best scientific text.

BTW, I stood on Charles Darwin's grave at Westminster Abby. Take that!

And evolution is all around us -- bacteria, viruses, plants and animals. Go to Death Valley and look at the pupfish. https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016...dred-years-ago I have. Go there and say hello to my little evolving friends.

-- Jay Beattie.