Trails in Suffolk

Old August 7th 03, 01:11 AM
Cory Miller

Default Trails in Suffolk

I'm going to be living in the Suffolk/Cambridgeshire area soon and would
like to know if I can look forward to some good cycling areas/paths (on- and
off-road) in the area...

TIA.

Cheers,
Cory Miller
USA

Old August 7th 03, 04:07 AM
graham

Goldeneye publish a series of laminated maps (2 miles to the inch) showing
the cycle routes and points of interest. I have the one for Suffolk (where
I'll be next month) and it covers parts of Norfolk, Essex and Cambridge.
Try www.goldeneyemaps.com

Graham

Old August 7th 03, 09:26 AM
Tim

Cory,

Cambridge is fanastic for cycling, I have just moved from there to Ireland.
So I can give you my old cycling in East Anglia book. Drop me an email to

Old August 7th 03, 09:37 AM
Peter B

"Cory Miller" wrote in message
I'm going to be living in the Suffolk/Cambridgeshire area soon and would
like to know if I can look forward to some good cycling areas/paths (on-

and
off-road) in the area...

Thetford forest has trails, I believe, and is close to Mildenhall should
that be your intended location.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...=580604,288548
&st=4&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

Not a million miles away a
http://www.rutlandcycling.co.uk/whitwell.htm based at Rutland Water. With a
sister operation at Graffam Water:
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...=525000,265000
&st=4&ar=N

Rutland Water is very touristy and so busy at this time of year but is great
for family type riding. Off season it can be very quiet and remains ridable
when many true off-road trails are too muddy and provides a good 23 mile
blast without upsetting other people.
The roads around Rutland are generally quiet anyway, speaking from first
hand experience (was out that way on Sunday in fact).

Never ridden the Graffam trail but it's very near to Cambridge.

Pete

Old August 7th 03, 09:45 AM
Terry

I'm going to be living in the Suffolk/Cambridgeshire area soon and would
like to know if I can look forward to some good cycling areas/paths (on- and
off-road) in the area...

Lots of off road trails in Thetford forest and lovely country lanes
throughout east anglia.see sustrans website and national byway.

terryJ

The Effects of Mountain Biking on Wildlife and People -- WhyOff-Road Bicycling Should be Prohibited Pablo Ricardo Mountain Biking 69 July 23rd 04 10:40 AM
Science Proves Mountain Biking Is More Harmful Than Hiking Stephen Baker Mountain Biking 18 July 16th 04 04:28 AM
Mike Vandeman qa2 Mountain Biking 26 November 18th 03 12:16 PM
RR: Tsali Trails NC Smoky Mountians Bill Wheeler Mountain Biking 1 August 4th 03 05:11 AM