Calling all ottawa unicyclists!

Old March 25th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Calling all ottawa unicyclists!

Sounds great, I like how there are two meet times as it gives me a
chance to make sure my wheel is true and get some pedals, which I
should be able to do before noon but just in case

--
ntappin

Old March 25th 06, 09:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Also, if somebody has some basic tools, bring them. Nothing fancy, just
a 4-5-6 hex set. Ive misplaced mine, and if someone's seat twists, it
wont be any fun.

ntappin, do you have your new hub on yet?

Now, I have to try and keep up on a 24" inch. Faster, but not too great
for trials .

Um, if anyone wants any time to change, reply as soon as possible.

--
Eroick
Eroick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10884

Old March 25th 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Oh, and if anyone wants a map, just ask. Ill dig one up off of google
maps. City hall is fairly easy to find though. Its the big greyish
building that says Ottawa on it

Old March 26th 06, 12:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Im sick... Really sick. I hope that someone who is going picks this up.
Odds are that I'm not going to be able to come, barring some magic. So,
yeah. Have fun! Maybe ill be there next week.

Old March 26th 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Man that's a drag. I'll let everyone know you can't make it.

Hope you feel better soon.

Jason Allemann

'Creaky Wheel Videos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/creakywheel)
'True Dimensions' (http://www.truedimensions.com)
Jason Allemann's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3702

Old March 26th 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

So whatever happened to you out-of-towners? We rode around downtown,
minus campus, from noon until 4pm. We didn't return to City Hall at
1:30, because Karl said that you guys were supposed to call. We didn't
ever get a call though, so we assumed you bailed.

Some guy from the Ottawa Sun followed us around and took photos, so we
may end up in the paper on a slow day. Meh.

A few of us may end up going out again next weekend, if the weather is
good.

--
hecklar
hecklar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6917

Old March 26th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

So you guys had fun? Im really ****ed that I couldn't go! Anyway, Im up
for a ride next week. I should be able to breath by then

Old March 26th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

That was absolutely beautiful! I kicked the crap out of myself, nearly
couldn't ride home but it was worth it.

I must say the day was great, I really acomplished alot. I cut up my
arm twice, sprained my thumb and ankle two or three times, and my
thighs feel like they got indian sunburned, o and I managed to miss the
armour on my legs and kicked a concrete post! ahhhh it was soooo much
fun!

I really can't wait until the next ride. Hopefully then I will have a
camelpack cause having no liquid sucked.

It's too bad you guys didn't come to the skatepark though it was really
nice, almost all of the lower half of the park was free of people cause
there were two little streams running down it and I pretty much had it
to myself, the people there were really nice too. I talked with some
cool bmxers and some skaters, one of which could ride a unicycle!!

Anyways I think a good day was had by all.

--
ntappin

Old March 26th 06, 11:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

hecklar wrote:
So whatever happened to you out-of-towners? We rode around downtown,
minus campus, from noon until 4pm. We didn't return to City Hall at
1:30, because Karl said that you guys were supposed to call. We didn't
ever get a call though, so we assumed you bailed.

Some guy from the Ottawa Sun followed us around and took photos, so we
may end up in the paper on a slow day. Meh.

A few of us may end up going out again next weekend, if the weather is
good.

I rode around by myself(my brother was sick also) for an hour and a
half looking for you guys... I was running late and showed up at city
hall at 1:45. I asked some ppl that were sitting around if they'd seen
any uni riders in the past little while and they all said they hadn't.
There must have been a mixup in the number karl gave me... I called at
around 1:40 from a payphone just before I reached city hall and there
was no answer.
After hanging around city hall for a while I took a ride around the
campus and asked a few ppl in there if they'd seen any other uni
riders... still nothing.
after trying the number few more times some chick finally answered and
said I had the wrong number. (I even tried calling Karls dad to get the
right number but no one was home there)
Anyways by 3:30 I gave up and headed home.

--
Victory
Victory's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10062

Old March 28th 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

where were you guys you said you'd come back to city hall
about 1:30... Guess what?!? YOU DIDN'T!!! I arrived at 1:30
sharp, went around the park about 3 times. Went in the campus to search
a bit and i never saw you guys, I stuck around till about 1:40 before
parents had to go. WHERE DID YOU GO!

I tried calling the phonenumber but there wasn't any answer. please
don't tell me that was a home phone number. Cause if it was how is that
useful.

I think you guys need to work on planning your Ottawa Meetings better
next time.

Ugh...

--
Mr. Dawson

Boo YA! Almost done level 5... stupid seat on side go in a circle
requirement!!!
Mr. Dawson's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11478