KH 2007 Products- details & info are here

Old September 15th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
danger_uni

Default KH 2007 Products- details & info are here

Hi All,

Finally- here are some details of the 2007 KH products coming out very
soon. The R&D for 2007 has been going on for a long time and I’m
really happy to finally see this stuff available.

Here’s a summary:

NEW GLOVES: [/b] REDESIGNED TO HAVE BETTER FIT IN THE FINGERS, LESS
SEAMS FOR DURABILITY, A COOLER, BETTER VENTILATED BACK FABRIC, AN
IMPROVED WRIST WRAP POSITION, MORE COMFORTABLE CUFF WITHOUT VELCRO, AND
GEL PADDING IN THE PALMS.

*TWO NEW SADDLES:
*Fusion Street:* super slim with the lowest available profile for
street, trials and freestyle. Gel and the fusion removable cover are
standard.
FUSION FREERIDE:* CUSHY AND COMFORTABLE FOR MUNI AND DISTANCE RIDING.
THIS SADDLE HAS A VERY GENTLE CURVATURE TO REDUCE PRESSURE AT THE
FRONT, AND HAS CUSHY, DOUBLE DENSITY FOAM AND A CENTRE CUTAWAY TO
REDUCE PRESSURE IN THE MIDDLE.

*STRONGER DOUBLE BOLT SEATPOST CLAMP. * SHOULD’VE DONE THAT A LONG TIME
AGO…

*IMPROVED FRAME.* BETTER POSITIONED GUSSETS UNDER THE FORK CROWN ARE
SLIGHTLY LIGHTER AND INCREASE CLEARANCE WITHOUT RAISING THE CROWN.
SAME STIFF 7005 ALUMINUM.

*IMPROVED RIMS.* 19” AND 24” RIMS ARE NOW 47MM WIDE (WERE 42MM).
EYELETS AND SUPER HIGH QUALITY 7005H-T6 ALUMINUM ARE STANDARD. DRILLED
HOLES ARE SIZED TO LEAVE ENOUGH METAL AROUND THE EYELETS FOR STRENGTH.

*NEW KH ISIS MOMENT HUB AND CRANKSET.
[b]Cranks:* These are ISIS spline and were designed in collaboration
with Roger Davies. The shape is designed for both street and trials
riding, with a wide, smooth profile that’s super stiff and easy to find
for street moves. Q-factor is 10mm (2.5mm less than 2005 cranks),
which keeps a narrow profile but still allows enough room to clear your
ankle bones. Material is 7075 Aluminum- the strongest and stiffest
available. Cranks are polished, not powdercoated, so they won’t show
scratches as much. Sizes are 125mm, 137mm, 150mm, 165mm.

*Hub:* Simple and strong. Designed in collaboration with Roger Davies.
It has the widest flange-flange spacing available in an ISIS hub, for
increased wheel strength. Bearings press directly onto the axle
without bearing sleeves, to increase bearing stiffness.

*KH20 comes standard with 137mm cranks.* They were reduced 3mm in
length to increase riding smoothness while still keeping enough
leverage for trials. 125mm is also available.

Photos and details are now available at www.krisholm.com/products.
Mouse over the icons and click the larger image to see an even bigger
photo.

I'll also be bringing the new unis (at least the KH20 and KH24, maybe
the KH29) to the CA Muni weekend, so you can check them out if you're
coming.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Kris.

--
danger_uni
danger_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/21

Old September 15th 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
j5isalive

awesome kris.

--
j5isalive
j5isalive's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11667

Old September 15th 06, 03:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
plumsie

Well I have not ridden them yet obviously but they look great. The new
hub and cranks look nicer in my opinion than the 2005 and the reduction
in q factor is a good thing from my point of view.

I'm not sure about the drilled rims as I don't know how strong it would
be comparatively speaking but the added width should add stability and
reduce tyre folding.

The double bolt seat post clamp is definately somthing that is long
overdue.

I will leave judgement until I have had a chance to actually ride these
but they look good.

I'm curious about the justification for the change of spline pattern on
the hub however as it means that new cranks will not be compatible with
the older hub. It is good that all the major unicycle manufacturers are
moving towards the ISIS hub as it will allow for interchange of parts
if there are supply difficulties for certain parts but there should
also be an assurance that cranks will still be made for the old hub as
replacing the whole hub if cranks are damaged is expensive but will be
necessary if cranks are not available.

Looking forward to riding them.

Plumsie (another climber and geologist)

--
plumsie
plumsie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9800

Old September 15th 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rogeratunicycledotcom

Pete,

We should still have the cranks for the next few years I would think.
All the Unicycle.com's should have new stock of these in December (I
think). Although we have all the sizes in the UK at the moment anyway
(140 in Onza not KH). :-)

Our stock of the KH arrive on the 29th of this month and we will get
the web pages up so you can pre-order over the weekend. Kris jumped the
gun a little, I was expecting the announcement on Sunday. Oh well.

Roger

--
rogeratunicycledotcom

++++++++++++++++++
Unicycle.com in the UK
The UK's Unicycle Source
www.unicycle.uk.com
+++++++++++++++++++
rogeratunicycledotcom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4116

Old September 15th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

yay! are the rims going to cost more than they used to?

also, how much difference does 3mm make for speed?

--
mornish

tobbogonist wrote:
that was neat, now i only have to put it to use.
parents banned my uni due to low school marks so if there are any nerds
out there with a kind heart, i have a psychology assignment that is a
few weeks over due, it is on intelligence.

Old September 15th 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Probailer2

In Paris Hilton's word's: THAT'S HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Those products look very good, but why did you make holes in the rims?
They where good the way they weSTRONG
And will those cranks fit on a Koxx hub?
Anyway, nice work Kris, these products are looking GOOD.

Peter M

--
Probailer2

john_childs

Mmmmm... Sexy welds.

Probailer2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11034

Old September 15th 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Mmm--mmghmm--uuuummm--BOOAHHHH!

Kris sent me pictures of all this gorgeous new stuff a couple of weeks
ago and I've had to hold it in. It all looks so beautiful, especially
the hubs and cranks! The move to a more standardized spline can only be
a good one, as it makes more choice available to riders.

I'm amazed at the constant innovation from KH Cycles. Even Miyata never
made so many changes so fast. In just a few short years we've gone to
strong but otherwise relatively crude MUnis for $1200+, to now having
much more sophisticated, better-looking, lighter and even stronger
unicycles for nearly a third of that!

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"The worst thing you can do on a unicycle when you land is stop dead."
-- Kris Holm, world's expert on high-consequence unicycling

Old September 15th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

when will these be available in the US?

Kris- I think you should sell just the foam/gel from you saddles. I
think a lot of people who use CF bases and custom saddles would buy it.

--
mornish

Old September 15th 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

Looking very good, any news on the geared Muni hub release date?

--
kington99

Dave

Old September 15th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
danger_uni

Probailer2 wrote:
In Paris Hilton's word's: THAT'S HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Those products look very good, but why did you make holes in the rims?
They where good the way they weSTRONG
And will those cranks fit on a Koxx hub?
Anyway, nice work Kris, these products are looking GOOD.

Peter M

Holes in the rims was a tough decision. The 47mm wide rims definately
are more stable, especially for trials. So I think it is the way to
go. But a solid 47mm wide rim is really heavy- too heavy in my
opinion. I forget who it was (a famous mountainbiker, I think Keith
Bontrager) who said "Strong. Light Weight. Pick one".

Given that the wider rim contains more metal, have better geometry to
resist twist, and that the rims are spec'd standard with eyelets and
the best available alloy (7005H-T6), they seem to be about the same
strength as the 2005 rims (the strong ones without grooves =)).

Cheers,

Kris