London UK Uni-Meet. It's happening again!

Old October 4th 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mikepenton

Default London UK Uni-Meet. It's happening again!

If I come I'll bring a spare 24 Muni, I'll post when I know I'm coming!

--
mikepenton

Uni - The Unicycle Magazine
'www.unicyclemagazine.com' (http://www.unicyclemagazine.com)
mikepenton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7090

Old October 4th 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
amanda.gallacher

if i can get a cheap bus/train there then i will go.

edit: bus would cost me about £14 which is pretty good. i'm really
considering it. what kinda times you thinking about meeting up?

--
amanda.gallacher

'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)
'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)
"i cant describe the pain... well, its like childbirth on my leg" -
Mike (swarbrim)
" I wish i didnt have a penis..." - Mike (swarbrim)
- add me
amanda.gallacher's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

Old October 4th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Sponge

Amanda, we'll meet in the morning around 10-11 'o clock near the London
Eye. Bring Mike and Lucas.

Call me on 07841716013 if you're lost that day. I think I'll set the
ride to the 29th Sunday? That sound good?

and gkmac, the main thing about this is that it's a social event, what
I find is that a lot of south-UK unicycle events are always juggling
shows of some sort with little interaction with some unicycle sports
like street, trials, muni etc.. So this is more of a pure unicycling
thing. To be honest, it's worth coming to take photos, practice trials
(learn some off Joe!) as it'll definitely help XC riding get more
creative. Do drops, ride down stairs, start hopping on small stuff? Why
not?

--
Sponge

Currently learning: switching to opposite hand, and switching sidehops
sides.

MSN: feel free to add, I'm always up for a
good chat and get to know other unicyclists

*coming soon: the Joe Hodges trials video...*
Sponge's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11883

Old October 4th 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Lucas1wheel

sponge m8 u have never been to a south west uni meet, theres usually
about 3 jugglers and they dont exactly dominate the hall lol, serious
why dont you lot come up for the south west meet n then mayb stay
around mine then we could go to mount hawk the next day but mayb too
street for you 2

i might try and get there no guarantees long way for us long to go even
to beat Joe in an impromtue trials comp lol hahaha

--
Lucas1wheel

2 times british freestyle champion lol
Level 7
UNI-T rule
Uk Unicycle basketball team the best they've ever been
http://www.qu-ax.com/
Lucas1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11476

Old October 4th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phil

gkmac wrote:
Sunday 29th October would be best for me. I'll be at SWUM on the 21st of
October and maybe still there on the 22nd, and I'm working on the 28th.

I'm quite tempted to trek over for the day if it's on the 29th... I
don't think I've been to London since a playing-around-on-unicycles day
with Joe M and Joe R several years ago, but that was ace.

I wouldn't worry about not being a trials god, GK; I haven't ridden a
trials unicycle for years so I'll probably be in "taking lots of
photos, riding a bit and generally just making the place look busy"
mode...

Phil

--
phil

"Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."
phil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915

Old October 4th 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
domesticated ape

Yay, I just found out that I'm free on the 28th and 29th. The 29th would
be better for me though.

Amanda, that's a bit of a bargain on the bus! It will probably cost me
about that much to get there and it's only an hour on the train!

--
domesticated ape
domesticated ape's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8599

Old October 5th 06, 07:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Lucas1wheel

amanda if u get that price i will probably come with you, but what date
is that for because the 28th is the south west uni meet

Old October 5th 06, 08:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
keg

Lucas1wheel wrote:
amanda if u get that price i will probably come with you, but what date
is that for because the 28th is the south west uni meet

Lucas,

Check your diary, SWUM is the 21st
http://www.uk.unicyclist.com/swum10.html

Keith

--
keg
keg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/212

Old October 5th 06, 10:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

I'll have to check dates but im deff interested, might be able to get a
trials biking friend of mine who's been getting in to uni the last few
months to come too.

--
kington99

Dave

Old October 5th 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Sponge

who is he dave? as I might have met him before, as I'm really a
biketrials rider at heart . Would be interesting to talk to someone
who's gone down the same road as me.

anyway, keep em coming.

--
Sponge

Currently learning: switching to opposite hand, and switching sidehops
sides.

MSN: feel free to add, I'm always up for a
good chat and get to know other unicyclists

*coming soon: the Joe Hodges trials video...*
Sponge's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11883

Critical Mass starts Riot in London Terrorized Ifoundmore Social Issues 0 July 13th 05 04:30 AM
My London ride Tony Raven UK 3 July 11th 05 11:08 PM
London learner John Hearns UK 1 July 11th 05 11:43 AM
New Uk uni meet south west thinuniking Unicycling 5 January 15th 04 10:54 PM
More on the August 24th Northeast Bicycle Swap Meet Menotomy Techniques 0 July 22nd 03 04:35 PM