Bc is growing. Are you in?

Old October 30th 06, 11:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
glj

Default Bc is growing. Are you in?

I'm planning of building a BC sometime this winter. I've got a good
wheel I just need some plates. I haven't decided if I'll make my own
or buy some.

I've never ridden a BC but it looks like fun!

--
glj

Mr. Grant L. Jackson

glj's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13595

Old October 30th 06, 11:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
apadoxhr

johnfoss wrote:
I think I made my BC wheel in 1986. It has a 24" blue Miyata rim and a
red alloy BMX hub. And spokey-dokes. Originally it had a pair of moped
footpegs, but those eventually fell apart. Now I have some simple
plates Zack Baldwin made for me a while back. But my bearings are
pretty crapped out. Eventually I'll get a purpose-built BC.

I can spin on one, pirouette briefly at the center and come out
backwards.

vid? i have bc bu i don't drive it becoue you can't effectivly do
anything, it is fun to learn

by the tume my ultra strong, capable of droping, free coaster uni is
d0ne you can say bye bye bc

--
apadoxhr

10: apadox is legend;
20: GOTO10;
apadoxhr's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11084

Old October 30th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unisteez

straight up.

i have two.

a 20 in. demolition rim(its ok) with an odessy hazard hub and holy
roller tire, plates are home made and are working well.

and i have a 24 in. alex rim also with the hazard hub and then it just
has a generic type no name tire from k-mart or something. this one also
has self made plates.

on the 24 i can ride some fireroad and singletrack with small drops.

on the 20 i can mostly just ride around the skatepark and catch air off
of stuff.
i can kinda grind this low rail at a local skatepark, but i have had
trouble getting enough speed to grind the whole thing.

--
unisteez

If trees could scream would we be so cavalier about cutting them down?
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy
unisteez's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11988

Old October 30th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
bcwheelriderguyhehehehehe

I'm in I ride 4"X5" angle iron plates on a 20" bmx rim and some cheep
hub.

--
bcwheelriderguyhehehehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJtheunicycle
i tihnk i might be ugly

dudewithasock wrote:
Yeah, and they have more estrogen than me, too. Now *that* takes guts.

bcwheelriderguyhehehehehe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12978

Old October 31st 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Sponge

I don't BC, or have a BC wheel. However, I wouldn't mind building one up
and giving it a shot.

Someone wouldn't mind telling me any differences between a 19" and a
20" BC wheel? Apart from the fatter tyre of a trials tyre having
greater chance of rubbing against your calves, is there really much
else to it between the main 2 sizes?

I personally wouldn't mind a Try-All BC myself

[image: http://www.unicyclejester.com/galler.../IMG_5383.jpg]

--
Sponge

MSN: feel free to add, I'm always up for a
good chat and get to know other unicyclists

*coming soon: the Joe Hodges trials video... and shorter one-day vids
from sponge&joe in the near future!*
Sponge's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11883

Old October 31st 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
foforackard

I just rode one for the first time yesterday and i loved it! I rode
about 40 feet twice. I really want one cause I dont have my own, I rode
my friend's. Btw do you guys think I should get the Koxx Devil
Blueberry Uni or a Bedford BC? I have 150 dollars and I could either
buy a BC now or wait till Christmas and get the Koxx. I dont know, but
lately all I've been thinkin bout is BC'in, but I really need a
trials/street uni.

--
foforackard

UNICYCLE FOR CHRIST

Unibiker for life!!!!!

http://www.unicycle.com/
foforackard's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13413

Old October 31st 06, 01:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

I ride my friends BC.

Its a basic 20 inch rim and hub from the front of a bike. With really
heavy steel plates made for them. The plates haven't bent, and the axle
hasn't bent. All I can do is ride around so far. I am getting better.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/) KH Funds =
$50/$499

Old October 31st 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
boo radley

I'm out.

--
boo radley

"no really, are you sure you love me more than your unicycle?" -my gf

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana." - Groucho Marx
boo radley's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10484

Old October 31st 06, 02:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
vuniw

i need to get into the bc wheel thing

--
vuniw

_List_of_Cool_Words_

- funkitated-skrobo
- gruegel-dan de man
- gib-JJtheunicycle
- skruviest-benjaug

(still adding)

BluntRM wrote:
My junk bike popped a chain link as I sped across an intersection: one
flip and a head plant later and I'm a unicycle purist.

vuniw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12772

Old October 31st 06, 02:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kapoute

I have a regular bedford bc wheel with pro plate ( long ) with a blue
tire and glow in the dark grip tape but I don't ride it. I don't like
riding a bc wheel. I may sell it for a cheap price one day if someone
is interested.

--
kapoute

Love

Julien Renaud
kapoute's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8060

not growing up in australia the unicycle man(one of many) Recumbent Biking 0 September 3rd 06 12:25 PM
It's growing... Resound Australia 0 July 12th 06 03:44 PM
Fixed gear growing in popularity?!!? Ken Marcet General 36 March 23rd 05 07:33 AM
MTB'ing growing in popularity Ken Marcet General 38 March 12th 05 01:46 AM
Women's websites are growing! Sierraman Racing 4 December 18th 04 06:23 AM