Street Discussion Thread.

Old May 19th 07, 07:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Luke Collalto

Default Street Discussion Thread.

byza_dog wrote:
well i am heading more towards a shaun/kevin stye of thing... as big
street is hard on gear but without tech stuff small or medium street is
boring, so i am planning on getting me flips heaps better and grinds..

Well that was really hard to understand

also, grip tape pedals are cool.

--
Luke Collalto

'Videos.'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TeamInsomnia)

Keep it surreal.
http://www.usenet.com
Old May 19th 07, 07:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

I dont hurt my feet from doing drops, but actually from little drops.
What happens when doing a crankflip, or anything along those lines,
sometimes my front of my foot lands on the pedal, and that's a lot of
force when you land, but because of my foot being so barely on the
pedal, my foots slips, and like a stretched rubber band, gets slammed
hard into the cement.

I broke my toe doing that...

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
http://www.usenet.com
Old May 19th 07, 08:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
muzzle

Luke Collalto wrote:
also, grip tape pedals are cool.

Explain...?

--
muzzle

my videos: 'muzzle!videos' (http://www.muzzle.co.nr/unicycle/)
http://www.usenet.com
Old May 19th 07, 09:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dale_dale

the one thing i dont like about grinds is that there is only one grind,
well a few if you count switch and backwards and things.

but all the variations involve doing things into grinds.

although Shaun does tricks while grinding, i surpose that can count as
diffrent grinds....

i just talked my self out of that.

I think sidespin variations will get big soon, they look so much cooler
then any other tricks.

I also think if you could tap a wall with your feet while side spinning
it will look good.

bye bye Dale

--
dale_dale

freedom of style
http://www.usenet.com
Old May 19th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

Luke Collalto wrote:
Talk street here...

-Tricks
-Naming
-*Things you can do*
-*Things you'd like to see done*
-*Unicycles*
-*Just chat*

Go crazy.

1) SIF, freemounting, and others
2) handstand coasting
3) I have a DX and coker
4) Hawo peoples.

--
Hazmat

*1 weird greek cypriot australian destined to be different.*

*The Hazmat Poll*: *Please vote*
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59458
*Hazmats Unicycle Design/Creation competition*.
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60806
http://www.usenet.com
Old May 19th 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

Yeah pretty much anything bigger than a 6 set tends to cause discomfort.
Occasionaly I tend to slam down though when I jump oddly angled sets,
but thas my problem.

Also sometimes if I land 180's poorly I hurt my feet aswell.

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)
http://www.usenet.com
Old May 19th 07, 05:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
James_Potter

ntappin wrote:
Yeah pretty much anything bigger than a 6 set tends to cause discomfort.
Occasionaly I tend to slam down though when I jump oddly angled sets,
but thas my problem.
Also sometimes if I land 180's poorly I hurt my feet aswell.

Do you make sure to roll out the instant you hit the ground?
Also, put the arch of your foot over the pedal instead of the ball of
your foot, if you're not already, it provides more support.

--
James_Potter

i still believe that all you need is love...john
lennon
'*mikael atkinson*' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
President of the 'MRIS' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)
*♥ Unicycle For Peace ♥*
http://www.usenet.com
Old May 19th 07, 05:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
forrestunifreak

Luke Collalto wrote:

I just got fifth flips!

Hey Luke, you're supposed to practice stuff for awhile first, at least.

--
forrestunifreak

The fun is how you get there, not were you go.
'*-My Gallery-*' (http://tinyurl.com/wcrsl)
UNICYCLE FOR CHRIST

liberalism sucks.
http://www.usenet.com
Old May 19th 07, 06:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

I really want to get a pair of 'these'
(http://www.tiogausa.com/internationa.../monoblock.jpg) pedals, and
take out the pins and put griptape on them. they are pretty pricey
though.

--
mornish

aim:kiloornish
email: mornish AT gmail DOT com

Corrie, Max, and Miles presents... Collab Video. coming soon to the
video forum.
http://www.usenet.com
Old May 19th 07, 06:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Uniman_3

a guy had a pair of those pedals at moab.....they were ok...
yeah sometimes my feet hurt too but thats just cuse of where i put my
feet..if they are too far forward i can still land whatever i do, it
just hurts alot..but if its just right in the back then it doesnt hurt
as much or at all...
anyone grind with their left crank back..cuse i was then it was messing
me up so i had to switch to hopping to my right side wich has the right
crank forward,but i dont hop as high to that side so im working on
that..

--
Uniman_3

Words are made to strike the minds of the unsuspecting.
http://www.usenet.com