Trials Discussion Thread

Old September 19th 07, 08:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danni

Default Trials Discussion Thread

After the popular street discussion thread, I thought it would be a good
idea to start something similar.

Discuss anything trials:

-technique
-accomplishments
-questions/answers (all welcome)
-parts evaluation and comparison
-trials courses
etc.

I love trials, but I fear that street is starting to become more
popular.

--
Danni

leo wrote:
Without cocks you wouldn't even have a family forum.

'My Trials Course'
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 19th 07, 08:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Luke Collalto

Tom Pec's my favorite rider from what I've seen of him.

--
Luke Collalto

'Videos'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TeamInsomnia)
'KHU' (http://www.krisholm.com)
'UDC Australia' (http://www.unicycle.au.com)

Stealth, is always in fashion.
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 19th 07, 10:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ivan

I used to be able to up 60cm with a sidehop, but now I can't even do
four pallets(54cm) properly. I can rolling hop up the four pallets very
consistently now(if I get the guts) which I couldn't do before at all.
Isn't this funny. Comes with lack of practice, I suppose, but I should
have much more free time soon.

Ryan Atkins is great. I also really like Zack Baldwin, but he doesn't
ride anymore. And I loved Nicolaj(spl?) from Fluck, he's insane.

--
ivan

Sledgehammer for Jebusentropy isn't what it used
to be.
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 19th 07, 10:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Its hard to say who my favorite is. Ryan is up there, as with Tom Pec. I
have seen way more of Ryan though. Id like to see a full trials video
of Tom.

Hmm, I cant really say much more, because I havent rode for almost a
month now. Waiting for my torn ligaments to bond back together before I
can do any jumping and wrecking again.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
http://www.usenet.com

Old September 19th 07, 10:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Ive only seen him at the ends of some Koxx videos. There is one they
made called 'Koxx 3 Fluck' or something like that, and he has a few
moments in there.

Old September 19th 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
TrialsUni

Danni wrote:
I love trials, but I fear that street is starting to become more
popular.

Don't worry about that. Just do what you love doing.

The sport's very young, and there are many directions you can take each
discipline in. Look how Zack integrated street into his trials. Or,
what about Keaton Miller? What do you call his riding style, strials?

MUni was the first 'extreme' side of unicycling to be popular, and then
with Kris Holm, Universe 1, and Profile cranks Trials gained more
popularity because it was something new. Suddenly a new field of
possibilities cropped up for unicyclists. And of course people like
Heaton were laying down the law with street back in 2000, but it took
people until Universe 2 to really catch up, and the amount of street
riders started growing. The second and third wave of riders to come
along since those movies have really revolutionized the sport. They
made it new and exciting. Also, there are a large number of prominent
street riders who possess unique styles all to their own. I don't know
how many riders have their own styles anymore since street's starting
to have trends just like any other street sport.

Who knows. Maybe something else, or someone else will come along and
do something new that a lot of people will get excited about and want
to join in on, too.

I will commend anyone that's proudly doing their own thing, regardless
of what's popular. Make up your own style, your own hybrid of
unicycling. Take what's out there and view it in a different context,
a different way, and go for it.

Even if trials were seen as completely stupid I would still be riding
it, because that's what I love. I love that competition with balance,
gravity, and my own mental/physical abilities.

--
TrialsUni
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 19th 07, 03:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Eddbmxdude

Even though "street" is seen as the new, cool side of unicycling, I
prefer and always have, trials.
I see trials as going back to the roots of extreme unicycling. Some of
the really influential riders from the early days I bet alot of the new
"street" kids have never even heard of! Ben Plotkin-Swing, Ben Turley,
Joey Cohn, Carl Hoyer and James Cowan, all complete legends and the
pioneers of unicycle trials.
My favorite video is still spaced out, by far!

Trials is not dead, and never will be!

Ride on dudes!
Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 19th 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Lutz

People only judge from this forum and from videos they see. At fluck I
noticed that in europe street and trials is nearly same popular. This
is crazy because trial is much harder to practise because you always
need new spots not like street where a flat space can be enough.
Also street rider have much more to discus in a forum. As a trials
rider you basicly do only rails, gaps, ups and drops.

My favourite rider if you judge from style is Zack Baldwin and in skill
Ryan Atkins and Kris Holm.

--
Lutz

'POINT RACING' (http://www.pointbike.de) | 'AJATA'
(http://www.ajata.de) |

'www.einradshows.de' (http://www.einradshows.de)
'www.extremeunicycling.de' (http://www.extremeunicycling.de)

'105' (http://www.ajata.de/2m/lutz/up.wmv) |
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 19th 07, 03:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mouse

saying trials is ____ and street is bad because its _____ or the other
way around is on a small scale how skaters and inline kids are these
days. I'd say that street and trials unicycling are VERY similar as
they embrace the same balance and principles. Trials riders should
play off of street riders they know and the same to street riders for
trials cyclists.

--
mouse

Originally Posted by johnfoss