Uni Count

Old August 14th 03, 07:53 PM
Mojoe

Default Uni Count

1 Coker 36"
1 Semcycle XLW 24x2.6"
1 Yuni/Profile 24x3"
1 GB4 29"
1 Yuni 26x2.1" to be a 26x2.5" when tire arrives
1 Yuni 20" freestyle

Mojoe

Ooops... forgot to add up the total for thread

--
Mojoe - The Muni Militia

http://mojoe.unicyclist.com/
Mojoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/533

Old August 14th 03, 08:38 PM
john_childs

Mojoe wrote:
*
Ooops... forgot to add up the total for thread
*

I made a typo in my posting when counting up the number of riders. I
meant to leave the count at 102 since I had already been counted, but
ended up typing 120 instead.

I'll try to make up for that error by adding up the totals for Mojoe.

With Mojoe's entry we now have
109 Riders (approximately, give or take a few)
511 Unicycles

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

Old August 14th 03, 09:21 PM
Mikefule

Add my new cheap 'n' cheerful giraffe with the chocolate frame.

109 riders (still)
512 unicycle.
Average 4.7 per person.

--
Mikefule - Roland Hope School of Unicycling

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we
fall."
Confucius

Old August 15th 03, 03:58 PM
Charles Maranto

20" Torker
24" Gravity Designs
24" Semcycle Deluxe
24" KH (Love it!)

--
Charles Maranto - muni, muck, mud, mire, sludge, gunk
Charles Maranto's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2450

Old August 15th 03, 04:34 PM
schroder

I'll include in the count the new Yuni I have on order, thanks for
everyone's advice on the purchase.

20" Schwinn (ancient)
6' Schwinn giraffe (nearly so)
29" Yuni (just ordered)

So the total seems to be

111 riders
519 unicycles
4.68 unicycles/rider (obviously I'm behind)

Phil

--
schroder - Occaisional Unicycler
schroder's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4234

Old August 15th 03, 05:31 PM
Tony Stock

Make that :

110 riders
513 unicycles (cheap Taiwanese Raleigh import - that is good enough
for me)

I have been sitting non-actively on this group for a couple of months
while learning to ride. I live in Nottingham, and it took me about 4
weeks until I could freemount (not every go of course), and ride
decent enough distances before UPDs. I learnt on grass, not the most
level either - but I think that helped and the landings were softer.

I can now, after 2 months ride until pretty much my legs get tired,
about 50 meters or so, or I decide to bail out - but I cannot as yet
idle or turn properly - I do the hip swivel thing to keep me roughly
in the direction I want to go.

Forced to go public as my garden is too small now I can ride
'distance', last night let 2 kids one about 7 other about 13 have a
go, had to tell them it was called a unicycle and not a one-wheeler.

I had many falls in first 2 weeks of learning, scraped shins, bruised
calfs, UPDs a plenty, but now I cant remember last time I fell off -
guess I got to learn when to jump !

I am also a juggler - just a bit and have tried 3 balls while riding
for brief distances - mainly just to see if I could - and I couldn't
really, although I did about 5 throws.

I am 36 and wish I bought one years ago, have always been interested,
but finally got to have a go at a juggling / circus skills course
which gave me the bug. I am well impressed with all this Muni stuff
and trials, and have downloaded some of the videos on the internet -
crazy + brave people out there.

Aim to skill myself before next Unicycle convention in England, I am
definitely going to attend.

I love my Uni!

Tony - Nottingham, England.

Old August 15th 03, 09:56 PM
treepotato

Quality not Quantiy(can't spell) i say! only joking i just say that
because i can't afford anymore than 1! well only 4 months till
christmas... there's another thing to add to Santas list!

--
treepotato - No brakes, No limits.........Felix

Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
prove it
treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942

Old August 15th 03, 10:40 PM
BoojiBoy

20" Cycle Design
20" Torker
24" Torker

20" front end of bike for comedy value. I wont count it though

113 riders
522 unis

--
BoojiBoy - Punk Rock Rider
BoojiBoy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3923

Old October 8th 03, 05:34 PM
daino149

Already Owned:
20 inch Stealth Torker
24 inch Stealth Torker
20 inch Summit Trials
20 inch Chrome Torker

New:
26 inch Semcycle!

I think that makes it:
113 Riders
523 unis
4.6 unis per rider

--
daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

A One That Isn't Cold Is Scardely A One At All

Old October 8th 03, 05:48 PM
brian.slater

brian.slater wrote:
*Cycle Pro 24"
KH 24" Muni

Totals:
57 unicycles
17 respondants. *

Add 1 standard Coker (already went *-splat!-* WOW! Fast!)

-Originally posted by daino149-
*I think that makes it:
113 Riders
523 unis
4.6 unis per rider*

113 Riders
524 unis
4.628319 unis per rider (approx. )

I'm getting closer, just 1.628319 to go!

--
brian.slater - Nellfurtiti, the Wonder Cat

Brian C. Slater
AKA: Snoopy

Ok, I am now officially in my normal state of -advanced- confusion.
Don't try to confuse me, it won't make any difference.

"To not decide is to decide" - undecided
brian.slater's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3902