Experiment determines drivers do not see 22% of cyclists in clearview.

Old June 25th 15, 05:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

Default Experiment determines drivers do not see 22% of cyclists in clear view.

Frank Krygowski writes:

On 6/24/2015 9:08 PM, John B. wrote:
When I did have a credit card my normal payday banking procedure
was to (1) deposit pay check in bank account, (2) walk across the bank
to the Credit Card counter and pay credit card account.

One day, the guy at the Credit Card counter says, "Sir, you know that
you don't have to pay the full amount, you can pay by installments".

I told him that according to the "small print" in their contract that
if I paid the bill within 30 days of billing that there was no
interest charge.... which meant that I could use their money for
approximately 60 days without charge.

The guy replied, "Yes.... some people have figured that out."

I read somewhere recently that the credit card companies have a word
they use internally for people like us who pay it off each time and
thus pay no interest. Can't remember exactly, but the word was
something disparaging, like "freeloaders" or "leeches."

The word I have seen is "deadbeat". Penalties and late fees are also
important sources of income, not to mention selling data on your buying
habits.

Old June 25th 15, 05:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

John B. writes:

On Thu, 25 Jun 2015 01:42:09 -0300, Joy Beeson
wrote:

On Wed, 24 Jun 2015 18:00:55 +0700, John B.
wrote:

You mean that short females are somehow at a greater risk than short
males?

Short females are shorter than short males.

And you knew that already.

Actually I didn't. I thought that 5'6" was the same whether measuring
males or females. But I did check the Internet, that infallible font
of wisdom, and it seems that the average height of a U.S. Female is
5'5", so yes, they are shorter, a while inch less than me :-)

I wouldn't call 5' 6" short for a woman, although it is a bit short for
a man. The point I took was that more adult women than men were
imperiled by air bags. The most visible change air bags have made so
far is that they have permanently banished all children to the back
seats, by force of law. This was inconvenient for those with large
families and small vehicles, hence the fashion for mommy vans.

Old June 26th 15, 12:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
john B.

wrote:

You mean that short females are somehow at a greater risk than short
males?

Short females are shorter than short males.

And you knew that already.

Actually I didn't. I thought that 5'6" was the same whether measuring
males or females. But I did check the Internet, that infallible font
of wisdom, and it seems that the average height of a U.S. Female is
5'5", so yes, they are shorter, a while inch less than me :-)

I wouldn't call 5' 6" short for a woman, although it is a bit short for
a man. The point I took was that more adult women than men were
imperiled by air bags. The most visible change air bags have made so
far is that they have permanently banished all children to the back
seats, by force of law. This was inconvenient for those with large
families and small vehicles, hence the fashion for mommy vans.

As I said, according to the Wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Templa...ound_the_world
the average height of Non-Hispanic White American Females is 5'5".

Thus my question, above.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old June 26th 15, 03:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 06:36:05 +0700, John B.
wrote:

As I said, according to the Wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Templa...ound_the_world
the average height of Non-Hispanic White American Females is 5'5".

Mean, median, or mode?

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net
Old June 26th 15, 04:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 6/25/2015 9:38 AM, Radey Shouman wrote:
Frank Krygowski writes:

[...]

Worse than that, the people that pay off their credit cards each month
are also the ones that have figured out which cards have the best cash
rebates. I expect that Citibank will soon discontinue their 2% cash back
card, just like Schwab did several years ago. They don't even receive 2%
in merchant fees from large retailers.

Old June 26th 15, 07:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Rolf Mantel

Am 25.06.2015 um 18:44 schrieb Radey Shouman:
The most visible change air bags have made so
far is that they have permanently banished all children to the back
seats, by force of law.

Not in Gernamy. Here, Children were banished to the back seat by law in
the 1970's. Now, since the advent of special child protection seats,
this is not enforced any more (and each car has the option of
deactivating the passenger air bag either automatically or manually).

Rolf
Old June 26th 15, 11:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
john B.

wrote:

As I said, according to the Wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Templa...ound_the_world
the average height of Non-Hispanic White American Females is 5'5".

Mean, median, or mode?

You can consult the site but I believe that the word used was
"average".
--
cheers,

John B.