Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Old March 3rd 05, 06:07 PM
johnfoss

Default Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Today I spared the air! For the first time this year I *finally* got off
my butt and rode to work (Coker). I feel good! And out of shape!

Today's quote comes from a runner, going the other way on the American
River Bike Path:
"Open your mouth wide—you can have lots of bugs for breakfast!"

I never heard that one before. Oddly, I met him right where I turn off
onto the dirt for my shortcut out to the neighborhood.

I only saw two other bikes on my whole 3-4 mile stretch of bike path.
During the summer it's a dozen minimum, usually more. I saw about 10
runners, and 1 inline skater. So I'm not the only lazy one this time of
year.

Quote #2, from a lady who held the door of my building open for me:
"Where's the rest of it?" I said I left it at home; it's too heavy.

Add your good non-rider quotes here.

--
johnfoss - The wilder Wilder

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old March 3rd 05, 06:50 PM
steve0we

I dont have any good ones but..............

ITS JOHNS BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN!

--
steve0we - Just removed training wheel!

This is Wheelie Wheelie FUN!
steve0we's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8643

Old March 3rd 05, 06:55 PM
Krashin'Kenny

Yeah, that's right, last night while SteveOwe and I were riding on some
short walls downtown, this lady walks by and yelled "Hey, did ya'll know
tomorrow is Johnfoss's birthday?"

That was REALLY strange

Happy Birthday John!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

Old March 3rd 05, 06:59 PM
jagur

i was riding by and this guy said

"isnt there like 5 or 6 treads just like this already?"

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
-forget_your_life-
--------------------------------------
-------*muni militia *-------
*one wheeled death squad*

Old March 3rd 05, 07:08 PM
mscalisi

Happy Birthday John!

(...and no, I don't think I saw five or six threads on John's Birthday).

--
mscalisi - Not such a newbie anymore
mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961

Old March 3rd 05, 07:21 PM
aspenmike

Have a awesome BD John!

--
aspenmike - unicycling albino
aspenmike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3768

Old March 3rd 05, 10:04 PM
bugman

"Holy Crap! Are you out of your mind!" as I rode down a section of
fairly steep drops on a Mtn Bike Trail.

And of Course Happy Birthday John. Great way to start the rest of your
life.

--
bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

-"Worried about rising sea levels? Move into the hills! I might be a
hillbilly but when you're drinking sal****er in the 2nd floor of your
beach condo, my mullet will be drier than a can of Skoal left open on a
sunny day."- - maestro8

-"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who
are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."- -
Albert Einstein

Old March 3rd 05, 10:26 PM
DigitalDave

That's very similar to this old motorcyle saying ...

Q: "Know how to tell a happy motocycle rider ...?"
A: "By the number of bugs in his teeth."
(implied from smiling while riding ...)

Happy Bday!

--
DigitalDave - Ðîgï†å||¥ ËñhÂÑ€èÐ

'nf7-s ~ xp2400mobile'
(http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=21988)
'20,124 3dm01' (http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8399731)

my will to live was stronger than my will to die. - iggy pop
that which does not kill me, makes me stronger. - friedrich nietzsche
1899

DigitalDave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8003

Old March 3rd 05, 10:31 PM
Tigger

Happy B-day John

My quote was from a teenage girl in traffic in the middle of a snow
storm (Are you Fricken crazy!) I naturally said yes.

--
Tigger - Muni's have changed my life!

"If you risk nothing, then you risk everything."

From Velosophy
Tigger's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8877

Old March 3rd 05, 10:37 PM
max

In article t.com,
"Tigger" wrote:

Happy B-day John

ya.

Asked while i tried to ride down the sledding hill a few weeks ago:
"mister, is that hard?"

"No, gravity does most the work" splat

..max

--