Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Old April 22nd 05, 05:21 AM
shadowuni

I live in west philly, so ive heard...

Kid: yo, that man chillin on 30's
Me: actually its a 36
Kid: Aw, snap!

Also, my personal favorite from an old lady:

"I been done busted my a$$ tryin' to ride that!"

The meaning here is obviously that she would get hurt if she tried, but
has english been degraded so far as that's what comes out of your mouth
when you try to say it?

--
shadowuni - Crispety, crunchety, peanut-buttery

"No one is taller than the last man standing"
My Give-A-Damn's Busted
"Bullets! My only weakness! How did you know?" - Cop
(I 3 Coker) "Maybe it means I have less than three cokers" - Klaas
Bil
"I think it means I AM less than three cokers" - Daino149
shadowuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4806

Old April 22nd 05, 05:29 AM
litldude2

"Can you do any tricks on that?"--a lady after watching me hop up a
bench and do a unispin

--
litldude2 - Spencer

Old April 22nd 05, 05:48 AM
tholub

While tackling a technical, rocky descent on Mount Tamalpais:

"Does your mom know you do that?"

--
tholub - Kinetic Sculptor

Old April 22nd 05, 05:56 AM
Jombo

While riding Tom Lee Park downtown Memphis, TN next to the might
Mississippi River...

guy: Where's the other half of your bike?

me: What? This is my bike. I just took off all the useless
accessories!

--
Jombo
Jombo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9527

Old April 22nd 05, 08:26 AM
nathan

Yesterday while riding a bridge over a freeway, a guy in his pickup
truck opens the passenger window. He leans out while matching my 13mph
and passes me his business card. He says, "Please take this and call me.
I gotta get me one of those." And he takes off.

Turns out he and his son have been riding for years; they own many
unicycles but have never heard of Cokers, unicycle.com, unicyclist.com
etc.

---Nathan

--
nathan - BIG rides: Muni & Coker
nathan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/251

Old April 22nd 05, 08:54 AM
wobbling bear

a month ago I rode through (literally) a posse of youngsters .
I saluted them politely : the gang alpha male was baffled and exclaimed
"Well man that's FRESH!"

--
wobbling bear - GranPa goes-a-wobblin'

One Wheel : bear necessity
wobbling bear's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3716

Old April 22nd 05, 11:38 AM
rob.northcott

I got a "whoooaaaa duuuuuuuude" last weekend. Felt better than all the
usual negative remarks

--
rob.northcott - OK as long as it's not too windy

Old April 22nd 05, 03:22 PM
GILD

nathan wrote:
* He leans out while matching my 13mph and passes me his business
card. He says, "Please take this and call me. I gotta get me one of
those."*

that is a very kewl way to gain a new unicyclist, or two

Happy (belated) Birthday, John!

--
GILD - Waffle-Tosser and Time-bider

if you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.--
'alice' (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html?) 'roosevelt'
(http://tinyurl.com/963jr) longworth
I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages.-- William H.
Mauldin

...using nietzsche's metaphysics to escape from
christianity...-'metro_tramp on the value of metaphysics'
(http://tinyurl.com/4sjw6)-
it's hard to be sure, and good to be paranoid...john childs on life on
the internet
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://tinyurl.com/ywxgb)

Old April 22nd 05, 03:56 PM
U-Turn

-Riding to do errands in February with cycling tights on....-

Woman in line in post office: "Wow! How do you get legs like that?
Really nice! I work out all the time and still have chicken legs."

"Bicycling and unicycling, mostly unicycling."

Woman behind counter: "Yeah, he rides all over the place."

Made my day.

--
U-Turn - As long as my feet keep movin'...

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
-- Dave Stockton

Old April 22nd 05, 04:21 PM
tylercox

Kid at my school: "That's for babies!" (referring to unicycle)

My reply: "If so, you must be able to do it."

Kid: "I can do it, but I'm not gonna show ya!"

--
tylercox - Unicycling Bawls Lover

~*~*~*Fueled by BAWLS!*~*~*~

A call to Albertsons: "Miss, do you have Bawls?"

tylercox's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120