Unicycle articles (but wait there's more...)

Old October 14th 05, 06:57 PM
leo

Default Unicycle articles (but wait there's more...)

http://tinyurl.com/b73ds

--
leo

*'+1 866-uni-cycl' (callto://+18668642925)
'unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)
                'subscribe'
(http://www.unicyclist.org/cont/subscribe.cfm) to 'unicyclist.org'
(http://www.unicyclist.org/)!*

-"In trade they promised me 72 virgins, but they could not specify of
what sex."-
leo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/224

Old October 14th 05, 07:00 PM
unicycle6869

leo wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/b73ds

Here's the article:
Wayne, Beverly Kinzie to Lead Northwestern Homecoming Parade

10/13/05
Email this story to a friend

Photo 1
... PHOTO1: Wayne and Beverly Kinzie are the honorary parade marshals
for Northwestern Oklahoma State University's homecoming parade and will
be leading the way at 10 a.m., Saturday.

PHOTO2: Wayne Kinzie (in his younger days) balances atop a seven-foot
unicycle. He rode the cycle with the Northwestern Oklahoma State
University band while attending college there. He and his wife,
Beverly, are honorary marshals for Northwestern's homecoming parade at
10 a.m., Saturday.

Through more than 40 years of marriage, family and running several
businesses, Wayne and Beverly Kinzie have always been there for each
other and the same will hold true this Saturday as they lead the
Northwestern Oklahoma State University homecoming parade.

The Kinzies, who served for many years on the General Homecoming
Committee, have been invited to serve as honorary parade marshals for
the parade that begins at 10 a.m. at the northeast corner of Alva's
square.

Both Kinzies attended NortPhoto 2
hwestern, as did all of their children -- so their ties to the
university run deep. Wayne was born and raised in Alva and Beverly
comes from eastern Oklahoma. They met through Wayne's sister, who was
attending Oklahoma City University with Beverly. They married in 1961.

While still in college in the 1950s, Wayne started an airplane repair
business. He learned to fly while in high school, and he always has had
an interest in planes. He actually bought two wrecked planes and
rebuilt them into one that he sold.

After college, the Kinzies started a lawn mower and bicycle repair shop
downtown because unicycles and high wheel cycles are interests of his.
In fact, when he was in college and a member of the band, the band
director discovered that Wayne had a seven-foot-tall unicycle that he
rode for fun. After that, Wayne was relieved of his trumpet-playing
duties and rode the unicycle with the band, including appearances in
the Oklahoma State Fair parade in Oklahoma City.

"I don't know if it was because he really liked the unicycle or if my
trumpet playing was that bad," Kinzie said.

But airplanes were always in the back of his mind, so Wayne repaired
both bicycles and airplanes for awhile. Then the Alva Industrial
Foundation (AIF) built the building that bears the name Kinzie
Industries at the Alva Airport. He moved the airplane business there
and later branched out into helicopter repair, eventually buying the
building from the AIF.

The business expanded and grew until Kinzie Industries was providing
helicopter parts worldwide. As Wayne puts it, "There aren't enough
helicopters in Oklahoma to keep a business going for a year." The
company sold parts, overhauled engines and serviced the whole machine.

Throughout the building up of Kinzie Industries, Beverly was providing
organizational and bookkeeping services. For 20 years, her office was
on the second floor of their home so she could work and raise her
family at the same time. The main drawback of that arrangement was
having to answer phone calls 24 hours a day.

"Customers from New Zealand would call at 3 a.m. Alva time," the
Kinzies explained.

Later, Beverly and the Kinzies' son, Paul, started Plane Plastics as an
offshoot of Kinzie Industries. That business was located on Flynn
Street, so Beverly moved her office to the corner of College Avenue and
Murray Drive so she was situated halfway between the two. After Plane
Plastics was sold, the office finally ended up back at the airport.

Although the Kinzies are now "retired," they are still in business.
Wayne continues to sell helicopter parts, and Beverly keeps the work
organized. They also have rental property to manage, and he has trains
(from model to full size) and antique cars and trucks to keep him busy.
He annually (but not this year) drives the Alumni Association board of
directors around the square in the homecoming parade in an antique
truck.

Beverly's interests lie in quilting and gardening, although that will
have to take a backseat for a time as she plans to have knee
replacement surgery shortly after homecoming. They also have seven
grandchildren to keep them on their toes.

They became involved in homecoming because Wayne once remarked to the
late Dan Shorter that "such and such" should have been in the parade.
The next year, Shorter called him up and told him to come to a
homecoming meeting and help. That was in the mid-1970s.

Shorter and Wayne worked together for approximately 20 years, arranging
for "special attractions" to appear at homecoming. Those attractions
could range from a small carnival that used to set up on Fifth Street
in front of the post office to a longhorn steer ridden by his owner in
the parade. Also, the Red Carpet Mule Train made annual visits.
Throughout the years, Beverly was right there, keeping Wayne's special
attractions organized, just as she did with the businesses.

"Whatever one of us did, the other was always there to help," Wayne
said.

While they ran Kinzie Industries, they always hired college students as
workers. The Kinzies estimate that through the years they employed more
than 400 students. One of them was current Northwestern director of
housing and of students Marc Wallace, who now is in charge of special
attractions for homecoming. Another was Allen "Skeeter" Bird, the new
executive director of the Northwestern Foundation.

Non-student former employees of Kinzies' with Northwestern ties include
Lizabeth Richey, current Alumni Association director, and Jim Detgen,
physical plant director.

The Kinzies' oldest child, Paul, who received the Foundation's
Recognition Award in 1987, graduated from Northwestern in 1985. He now
is a stay-at-home dad and lives in Fayetteville, N.C. His wife,
Elizabeth, is a doctor of internal medicine and psychiatry with the
U.S. Army and is assigned to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, to work with Middle
Eastern prisoners. They have a 2-year-old son, Spencer Wayne.

Mark is with a law firm in St. Louis, Mo. He has a 10-year-old son,
Duncan.

Timothy, a 1988 graduate, is a doctor with St. John's Medical Clinic in
Branson, Mo. He and his wife, Diane, have three children: Zoe, 3;
Nicholas, 2, and Riley, 4 months.

Teresa is married to Kyle Malzahn, a 1996 Northwestern graduate. She is
a representative for Edward Jones in Oklahoma City, and he is at
teacher at Santa Fe High School. They have two children: Hannah, 8, and
Dane, 19 months.

All the children and their families will be present Saturday to watch
mom and dad lead the homecoming parade.

©2004 MyWebPal.com. All rights reserved.
Contact us at
All other trademarks and Registered trademarks are property
of their respective owners.

--
unicycle6869

Jamey (formerly known as tuna6869)

Which is worse, a president who screws an intern, or a president who
screws the country?

*20 Years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you
didn't do than by the things you did-EXPLORE-DREAM-LIVE!
unicycle6869's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8990

Old October 15th 05, 05:58 AM
Klaas Bil

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:00:03 -0500, and on many more occasions,
unicycle6869 wrote:

leo wrote:

Here's the article:

Guys, you're such a fine team!

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
"dit dit diddle diddle dit dit did-it, dit dit diddle diddle dit dit did-it, *dit* diddle dit dit *dit* diddle dit dit, diddle-diddle-diddle-diddle-dit dit diddle diddle dit dit did-it,... - Spudman"

Old October 19th 05, 04:49 AM
hungfromhooks

http://www.fishingfury.com/20051018/unicycle-fury/

unicycling was picked up by fishingfury.com a fishing ezine soon to be
TVshow. mention of syko productions, kris holm, spaced out and me!

--
hungfromhooks

Philip Barbosa

people photographer- side show performer - newbie unicyclist

Witness an average man, flesh skewered deeply and imbedded with shark
fishing hooks! Marvel as a mere mortal fueled only by free will...
Ferociosly Pulls, twists, and stretches hooked apendages to transform
the pastey dermal landscape of his own hide and finally ascend to new
heights, literally!" This is NO ILLUSION! What you will see is real...
and remember ladies and gentlemen all this done without the assistance
of his unicycle.
hungfromhooks's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6954

Old October 21st 05, 07:33 PM
unicycle6869

hungfromhooks wrote:
http://www.fishingfury.com/20051018/unicycle-fury/

unicycling was picked up by fishingfury.com a fishing ezine soon to be
TVshow. mention of syko productions, kris holm, spaced out and me!

Here's the article;
Unicycle Fury!
Tuesday October 18th, 2005 @ 4:42 PM
Filed under: Non-Fishing, Funny, Sports, Videos
Here at Fishing Fury we love anything that’s new and exciting, cover it
in lighter fluid, set it on fire and we’ll love it even more. My good
friend Philip Barbosa, who’s been featured in Beginners Luck;
Gracefully Out-Fished by a Novice, has turned me on to the relatively
new extreme sport of unicycling. I won’t be riding off with the big
boys just yet, but I’m in the process of learning the basics.

If you’re a fan of skateboarding, BMX, or rollerblading you’ve no doubt
seen some awesome jaw-dropping tricks performed. Well, prepare to pick
your jaw up off the floor after watching these two videos.

First, we have the Spaced Out Trailer, I believe filmed in and around
Toronto, in which riders display an amazing ammount of technical skill
in a variety of styles.

Now, lets break out the lighter fluid I mentioned earlier and get a
game of Flaming Puck Unicycle Hockey going.

For more information about extreme unicycling check out Unicyclist.com,
KrisHolm.com and Wikipedia.

Hopefully Phil can supply me with some more links and videos when he
gets off of work.

Posted by Jonathon | Permalink | Leave a comment | Trackback

Old October 21st 05, 07:36 PM
unicycle6869

Klaas Bil wrote:
On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:00:03 -0500, and on many more occasions,
unicycle6869 wrote:

leo wrote:

Here's the article:

Guys, you're such a fine team!

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--"

Why thank ya! I just figure those links will go dead sooner or later
and when people are new and reading these they might actually want to
see the said article. I don't know why people can't copy and paste it
themselves, but guess I don't mind doing it for them. If it's copyright
issues, then consider me living on the edge!

Old November 2nd 05, 08:42 PM
leo

Klaas Bil wrote:
On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:00:03 -0500, and on many more occasions,
unicycle6869 wrote:

leo wrote:

Here's the article:

Guys, you're such a fine team!

Copy pasting is time-consuming, and with services like the Google cache,
archive.org, etc. or sometimes a little bit of hacking you will find
back the dead links.
Wading trough all content published on the internet that contains the
string "unicycl*" is a time-consuming enough. (last 2 weeks I did'nt
even read headlines).
Adventually I may build a web-bot with moderator(s!) interface from
where -after reviewing the articles- you could post relevant content
straight into RSU.

Untill then I will post just url's.
Like this one: http://tinyurl.com/8hfoh

--
leo

*'+1 866-uni-cycl' (callto://+18668642925)
'unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)
              'subscribe'
(http://www.unicyclist.org/cont/subscribe.cfm) to 'unicyclist.org'
(http://www.unicyclist.org/)!*

-"In trade they promised me 72 virgins, but they could not even tell of

Old November 2nd 05, 09:25 PM
unicycle6869

leo wrote:
Copy pasting is time-consuming, and with services like the Google cache,
archive.org, etc. or sometimes a little bit of hacking you will find
back the dead links.
Wading trough all content published on the internet that contains the
string "unicycl*" is a time-consuming enough. (last 2 weeks I did'nt
even read headlines).
Adventually I may build a web-bot with moderator(s!) interface from
where -after reviewing the articles- you could post relevant content
straight into RSU.

Untill then I will post just url's.
Like this one: http://tinyurl.com/8hfoh

I'd argue that it only takes 5 seeconds to copy and paste it thus it is
NOT time consuming but I don't mind doing it since to me it takes
little time. I'd think it'd take a greater amount of time trying to
find a dead link or even copying and pasting the URL?

Anyways, here is the said article:

College science project

AS its contribution to Einstein Year, marking the centenary of the
great physicist's first ground-breaking publications, Grenville College
has staged an all-day series of science events.

"We thought we should spend a day getting people to think outside the
box. As it happens, one installation required visitors to crawl into a
box of sorts," said Michael Lingard, head of science.

The Explorerdome is a kind of inflatable planetarium in which pupils
discovered an amazing interactive light show.

The day concluded with The Physics of Juggling, a unique performance
given by unicyclist, juggler, fire breather and Doctor of Pure
Mathematics Dr Colin Wright.

Old November 3rd 05, 07:07 PM
leo

unicycle6869 wrote:
I'd argue that it only takes 5 seeconds to copy and paste it thus it is
NOT time consuming but I don't mind doing it since to me it takes
little time. I'd think it'd take a greater amount of time trying to
find a dead link or even copying and pasting the URL?

If you blindly copy-past I agree -the copy-pasting itself- only takes 5
seconds.
But in most cases outlining is done by tables, and I always like fix
the differences... or double returns, or... what if you want to be 100%
sure of mention the correct copright notice or writer's name when it is
not clearly mentioned? Like this one:
http://www.citynews.com.au/news/Article.asp?id=4064
...takes a bit more than those 5 seconds, isn't?

Anyway, IF I'll make that webbot, I guess I may invite you as
moderator?
(to review and approve articles that contains "unicycl*" are relevant,
before posting)
If so, I gladly spend my time on developing that.
but 1st i'll have to fix a couple of large and complex websites,
besides doing maintainance of an entire server-farm,
and finish 're'doing the video content of unicyclist.org'
(http://www1.unicyclist.org/blog/show.cfm?serial=00748)

Old November 3rd 05, 07:39 PM
unicycle6869

leo wrote:
If you blindly copy-past I agree -the copy-pasting itself- only takes 5
seconds.
But in most cases outlining is done by tables, and I always like fix
the differences... or double returns, or... what if you want to be 100%
sure of mention the correct copright notice or writer's name when it is
not clearly mentioned? Like this one:
http://www.citynews.com.au/news/Article.asp?id=4064
...takes a bit more than those 5 seconds, isn't?

Well I just blindly copy and paste so guess we're both right in a way.
I don't worry about copyright issues on this forum. I really hardly
doubt that anyone would find them in the first place and then complain
about it and then do legal action especially since I'm not sayinig it's
my writing and/or making money from doing it. I'm willing to take that
very minimal slight risk.
Here's the said article/link;

ACT Tourism Minister Ted Quinlan launched the inaugural Brindabella
Challenge, Australia’s largest variety cycling event, in front of Old
Parliament House last week.

The racing began early when veteran Tour de France cyclist Stephen
Hodge and three elite athletes from the Australian Institute of Sport
challenged Australian Capital Tourism’s Chief Executive Officer Ross
MacDiarmid and sporting mascot Brumby Jack to a race with a difference.
Contestants competed using unusual bikes including a unicycle,
recumbent and even old-world bicycles.

The Brindabella Challenge hits Canberra from 2 to 4 December with a
huge range of events, activities and races for all ages and levels of
riders taking place in and around Canberra.

The event promises to have something for everyone, including more than
$30,000 in prize money for road, mountain bike and BMX competitions, a
range of recreational rides and an exciting entertainment program.

Wednesday, 2 November 2005