IMBA Promises to Build More Trails (i.e., Destroy More Habitat!)!

Old October 22nd 18, 12:29 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default IMBA Promises to Build More Trails (i.e., Destroy More Habitat!)!

Subject: Bid for Trails, New Gnar, New Video
From: "IMBA"
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 01:40:51 +0000 (UTC)

View in your browser
https://www2.imba.com/civicrm/mailin...reset=1&id=994

How a Mountain Bike Vacation Can Result in More Trails Close to Home

As part of IMBA’s 30th anniversary and “Dirty 30” celebration later this month in Bentonville, AR, we’re raising funds to support our new focus on creating and catalyzing more trails close to home so that everyone has a great place to ride.

Our Dirty 30 auction, running October 22-27, is now up for preview. Funds will support our programs and initiatives to grow the quantity and quality of mountain bike trails communities across the U.S.

The auction includes all-inclusive mountain bike getaways to multiple, iconic locations across the country; made-in-USA mountain bikes; women’s skills clinic packages; and fully-supported guided trips featuring pro mountain bike racers.

The auction opens October 22. Check it out and make sure to download the app so you can start bidding when the time comes. Thanks in advance for your support; it is much appreciated and will go a long way toward catalyzing and creating more trails close to home!

Check out the auction preview
Stoke from the desk of Rich Edwards, Director of Construction and Operations for IMBA Trail Solutions:

Deep Creek State Park, MARYLAND

In Deep Creek, we are building some of the best professionally designed rocky singletrack I’ve ever seen, using a combination of hand-built rock work and machine-built rock work. It’s some of the most satisfying trail we've been able to build due to the amount of rock, the lush landscape, and Maryland State Parks' desire for a trail that flows well and is still full of classic rock texture.

Sandy Ridge, OREGON

At Sandy Ridge, we just wrapped up the Johnny Royale Trail, a federally contracted black-diamond jump trail (on Bureau of Land Management land) that is the biggest, free-to-ride trail of its kind in the area. It’s located in Portland’s pre-eminent public mountain biking spot, and the term being thrown around is “resort-style.” The features are large...like, small-house-size large.

Meet Trail Solutions
Fall is the Season to Support and Win

For 30-plus years, mountain bikers have helped create and maintain more trails close to home by supporting their local groups. Your voice and your dollars make a difference, and your backyard, volunteer mountain bike group needs YOU! Join your IMBA Local group in October and you're entered to win a Yeti Cycles SB5 or SB5 Beti C-Series GX kit, plus a $2,000 JensonUSA shopping spree, a Western Spirit cycling trip for two and a BikeFlights shipping voucher for two. Thank you for being an important part of the mountain biking community.

Join today and win!
Dropping In: IMBA Trail Labs Edit

There are multiple ways to create new mountain bike trail systems. Through IMBA Trail Labs, we’re aiming to help city leaders and land managers understand their broad value, plan for them, create them and support them. We apply our decades of professional experience to these intensive, multi-day courses to make sure that decision-makers at the top are primed and ready to create more trails close to home. Our second Trail Labs is coming up later this month as part of our Dirty 30 celebration, with the third to be announced soon. Start talking to your land managers, now, about budgeting to attend one in 2019.

Check out the video
You ROCKED Take a Kid MTBing Day!

From Italy to New York, from county parks to IMBA Local chapters, thousands of you got out on October 6 for IMBA’s Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day. Thank you! We loved your photos and videos, and appreciate even more that you’re helping introduce the next generation to mountain biking.

PO Box 20280