Could Ford's emoji jacket save the lives of cyclists in London?

Old February 8th 20, 09:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default Could Ford's emoji jacket save the lives of cyclists in London?

On 08/02/2020 04:18, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Bod wrote:
On 07/02/2020 13:21, Bod wrote:
On 07/02/2020 13:05, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Bod wrote:
On 07/02/2020 09:12, Peter Keller wrote:
On 07/02/2020 09:42, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, February 6, 2020 at 8:26:17 PM UTC, Mr Pounder
Esquire wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, February 6, 2020 at 6:08:17 PM UTC, Mr Pounder
Esquire wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, February 6, 2020 at 2:48:40 PM UTC, TMS320
wrote:
The only way to save some of the poor souls that have to
cross the road *anywhere* would be for drivers to take more
care.

I have seen FOUR oncoming drivers talking into mobile phones
today, so the current penalties for that offence can't be a
deterrent.

Like **** you have.

Four drivers in 36 miles is not unusual.

********. You are so bored that you are just looking for replies
to your trolling and making things up.
This is a cycling group, not a driving group. I'm a driver, but
if I post anything here it is always to do with cycling, not
driving. Post something on cycling, not driving. You are
getting as bad as Bod.

Those four did not include many more who were staring down at
their laps thus not looking where they were going, so I suspect
there were more than four in reality. You also post about
walking your dog on here with your chisel for
protection, so maybe your should post in a walking group instead
of here?

And a personal assault group.

Carrying knives/screwdrivers and chisels etc is exactly what gang
members do.

Yip.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...th-London.html

The point is that ALL gang members carry knives, most cyclists do
not and neither do most pedestrians.
see the difference?

Which sharply pointed objects can you legally carry? | James ...

11 Feb 2010 - Section 139 of the Criminal Justice Act 1988 makes it an
offence to have "any article which has a blade or is sharply pointed"
in a public place. The only type of knife that is excluded from this
definition is a "folding pocketknife", a penknife in normal parlance,
with a blade of three inches or less.

Ffs get a life.

We are. We do not want it to be terminated by a sharpened chisel.
Old February 8th 20, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

On Friday, 7 February 2020 19:46:57 UTC, Bod wrote:
On 07/02/2020 19:42, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, February 7, 2020 at 1:26:21 PM UTC, Bod wrote:

Which sharply pointed objects can you legally carry? | James ...
11 Feb 2010 - Section 139 of the Criminal Justice Act 1988 makes it an
offence to have "any article which has a blade or is sharply pointed" in
a public place. The only type of knife that is excluded from this
definition is a "folding pocketknife", a penknife in normal parlance,
with a blade of three inches or less.

When I was 14 in 1972, I used to carry a scout's sheath knife on my belt in public.

Same here, but times have changed. No scout went around threatening

other folk and the knives were certainly not carried for protection either.

--
Bod

+1
1970's rural Somerset everyone carried knives, as a tool not a weapon.

helmets save lives AMuzi Techniques 10 May 26th 17 04:46 AM
'Ban Cycling, Save Lives' ... Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen UK 0 April 24th 16 03:27 PM
Cycle lanes save lives POHB UK 2 July 18th 07 11:44 AM
Bicycle helmet law can save lives Garrison Hilliard General 146 May 19th 04 05:42 AM
Law on cycle helmets 'would save lives' Mucco UK 14 May 18th 04 12:52 PM