Jobst

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 9th 17, 07:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Jobst

On Fri, 08 Sep 2017 14:34:52 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 9/8/2017 10:22 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 9/7/2017 11:27 PM, John B. wrote:
On Thu, 7 Sep 2017 11:16:11 -0700 (PDT), Frank Krygowski
wrote:

OTOH, I also don't see any sense in corporation CEOs
getting paid hundreds of
times what their professional workers get paid, or paying
a lower percentage of
their income in taxes. Other country's corporations seem
to thrive with much smaller relative pay scales for CEOs.

What would be an equitable wage for a chap managing a
world wide
business with 11,600 stores in 28 countries, employing 2.3
million
people with annual revenues of 480 billion dollars and a
net income of
14.69 billion?

Well, as a very rough guess, I'd limit it to something like
20 times what an average employee earns. Or perhaps $500k
per year.

After all, what's an equitable wage for the president of the
most powerful country on earth? Seems $400,000 is enough to
get lots of serious applicants, and I've not seen evidence
that a pay raise would generate any better quality
applications.

Besides, what does a person do with more than $500,000 per
year? Does it make him happier? Does it generate any good
for society? I very much doubt it.

I also doubt it generates any good for a corporation's
investors. From what I can tell, CEO pay does not correlate
well with corporation performance.

This guy still makes too much, in my opinion; but he makes
less than a great many CEOs of large corporations, while
outperforming them.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-sw...85D0R920120614

"what does a person do with more than $500,000 per year? "

Easy question!
http://www.spacex.com/

At any rate if the Board and/or shareholders think they can
get same or better returns with less compensation they may
well hire someone else. And they are free to do so on any
given day!

And frequently they do :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Is jobst gone? Crescentius Vespasianus Techniques 7 June 23rd 11 12:08 AM
When Jobst ... Steve Freides[_2_] Techniques 1 January 20th 11 10:28 PM
Jobst Brad Anders Racing 20 January 19th 11 06:31 PM
Jobst TriGuru55x11 Rides 1 January 19th 11 02:13 PM