vicini bicycle

Old April 10th 08, 11:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
mariusz

Default vicini bicycle

hello,
my name is mariusz, I come from Poland.Recently, I bought this nice
bike :
http://www.allegro.pl/item342483257_...z obacz_.html
I wonder what is the most likely year of production for that bike. I
believe its from 1974 to 1985
(according to campagnolo nouvo gran sport years of production). Could
you please give me any links, informations about this bike ?
I have found only this :

http://www.classicrendezvous.com/Italy/Vicini.htm

regards
Mariusz

Old April 10th 08, 02:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

bike :http://www.allegro.pl/item342483257_...i_na_campagnol...
I wonder what is the most likely year of production for that bike. I
believe its from 1974 to 1985
(according to campagnolo nouvo gran sport years of production). Could
you please give me any links, informations about this bike ?
I have found only this :

http://www.classicrendezvous.com/Italy/Vicini.htm

regards
Mariusz

Nice looking bike. If I had to guess, I would say 80s rather than
70's. It has brazed-on water bottle holes, shifter holes and cable
guides. Also, it uses recessed brake nuts, and I am almost certain
that it is a six speed cassette, likely with a 126 mm spread on the
back. The stem looks like an 80s stem too. Both bikes, yours and the
orange one have the same components, so they are probably from years
close to each other. The orange one appears to have columbus sl tubing
which is good stuff even by today's standards. Your frame has a
fancier finish. The lugs have a little more work and the rear triangle
is chromed. This would suggest that the frame may be as good or better
than the orange one. I am speculating on everything that I said above.

Andres

Old April 11th 08, 04:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hobbes@spnb&s.com

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 03:48:35 -0700 (PDT), mariusz wrote:

hello,
my name is mariusz, I come from Poland.Recently, I bought this nice
bike :
http://www.allegro.pl/item342483257_...z obacz_.html
I wonder what is the most likely year of production for that bike. I
believe its from 1974 to 1985
(according to campagnolo nouvo gran sport years of production). Could
you please give me any links, informations about this bike ?
I have found only this :

http://www.classicrendezvous.com/Italy/Vicini.htm

regards
Mariusz

I don't know the year, but I like the pantographed bits. Sweet bike.