RR's: AMB-ID 07 -Recap- Camping, Riding, Swimming

Old July 31st 07, 06:16 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paladin

Default RR's: AMB-ID 07 -Recap- Camping, Riding, Swimming

Howdy fans, trolls and friends.

Here are a few shots from our 7th annual AMB-ID weekend:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7728613...7601113321815/

Geedub flies into town Thursday, and rather than pack for our riding/
camping/swimming/eating weekend, we go riding, of course. A quick
barney loop in the heat, a few brews, and hit the rack late.

Up and attem, packing Alex's pickup w/gear, bikes, food, refreshments,
and head for the high country. My favorite place on earth, camping
near Stanley, Idaho. A roaring little town of less than a hundred
high in the Sawtooth mountains.

We ride Elk Meadows first, and you can read more about this hombre
from my first time,
http://tinyurl.com/2x5yxu only this time, we rode it a lot faster. I
took the lead on the descents, but it was all I could do to hang on
the climbs with ole Geedub, (what's that Penny & Gab named him, "Legs
of Iron" or "Buns of Steel"?) and Alex.

We do this beautiful loop pretty quick. You'll see how nice the
scenery was by the couple of pictures I took.

Back at the temporary hacienda, I treat the bros to chicken fajitas
and other home-made treats. My years as an undercover chef on a
cruise ship pays off some times.

Morning, we pack the cooler and beach stuff, and head to Fisher/
Williams, a famous loop that's pretty well known as the must-do Idaho
classic.

After that truly dandy ride, we head for Redfish Lake, empty brown
bottles and watch the wild life. I'm swimming a lot, while the brugly
others are mostly kicking back and trying to get to know the locals on
the white sand beach.

Good stuff. Stay tuned for more pictures posted and maybe some video
by Geedub.

A great time, but hey, you shoulda been there. Smallest turnout ever,
but we focused on quality, not quantity, heheh. And Penny would have
been proud how early we woke up, and how easy it was to get everybody
at the trailhead ready to ride.

So, may your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous,
leading to the most outrageous adventures. ~Paladin

Old July 31st 07, 06:24 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paladin

On Jul 30, 11:16 pm, Paladin wrote:
[...]

Alex's Pics are he he took more, and rode faster, too. But I'm a
better cook!

http://picasaweb.google.com/alex.tat...AMB2007Stanley

Paladin

Old July 31st 07, 06:26 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

Paladin wrote:
[...]

Nice! But where's the coffee report?

Greg

--
The ticket******* Tax Tracker:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html

Dethink to survive - Mclusky
Old July 31st 07, 06:28 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paladin

On Jul 30, 11:26 pm, "G.T." wrote:
Paladin wrote:
[...]

You know Gary well. Alex has some coffee shots. Me grinding it up
with a sledge hammer, and Gary presiding over the percolator. Too
cool for school.

Paladin

Old July 31st 07, 08:49 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

Paladin wrote:
snip snip

So, may your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous,
leading to the most outrageous adventures. ~Paladin

Alex's Pics are he he took more, and rode faster, too. But I'm a
better cook!

http://picasaweb.google.com/alex.tat...AMB2007Stanley

Paladin

Nice stuff. Idaho is fun!

Now....

http://tinyurl.com/2vdxdb

Holy crap, Gary! Did you join the Marines?

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Old July 31st 07, 01:36 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Jul 31, 3:50 am, Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Paladin wrote:

snip snip

So, may your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous,
leading to the most outrageous adventures. ~Paladin

Alex's Pics are he he took more, and rode faster, too. But I'm a
better cook!

http://picasaweb.google.com/alex.tat...AMB2007Stanley

Paladin

Nice stuff. Idaho is fun!

Now....

http://tinyurl.com/2vdxdb

Holy crap, Gary! Did you join the Marines?

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-owww.schnauzers.ws

Looks like an awesome time! Good for you guys! Everyone should have
a getaway like this every once in a while. I'm truly happy for you
all.

Reading some of the RR's and such from out west, combined with the
ever-growing MTB bug, has my good buddy Bret & I planning a similar
getaway either next year or the year after. So far there's only two
of us, but that's a start, right? We both already started the fund,
and whenever we get a chance to ride together we look for climbs and
the like that we can consider prep-work for the real mountains you've
got out there. It's a start, right?

Old July 31st 07, 03:27 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

On Jul 31, 1:28 am, Paladin wrote:
On Jul 30, 11:26 pm, "G.T." wrote:

Paladin wrote:
[...]

Paladin- Hide quoted text -

That there is a stunning pre-ride Breakfast of Champions. Eggs, dogs,
and Idaho's finest. I wonder if the TDF guys start like that. Combine
it with lots of climbing, and you must have been tasting that stuff
all day.

Nice work pulverizing the coffee beans. I was wondering what that was
about.

/s

Old July 31st 07, 04:35 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paladin

On Jul 30, 11:26 pm, "G.T." wrote:

Paladin wrote:
[...]

Short to medium term carbs, fat and protein is an all-day energizer.
What a great way to start the day of the big ride. If the TDF guys
ate like that, they wouldn't need steroids, blood doping,
transfusions, and all that wacky crap....

CDB

Old July 31st 07, 05:07 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

On Jul 30, 11:26 pm, "G.T." wrote:

Paladin wrote:
[...]

CDB- Hide quoted text -

Just a lot of Tums and breath mints

/s

Was there ever an OLN recap special for the TDF? Jean S. Barto Racing 7 August 14th 06 05:31 PM
Sea Otter Mens Pro Circuit Race -- video recap steephill Racing 0 April 12th 06 10:11 AM
RR's: Perth riding MikeyOz Australia 7 November 7th 05 09:00 AM
Still swimming on the yarra trail sim72 Australia 7 November 20th 04 12:40 AM
Non RR's... Roger Buchanan Mountain Biking 4 June 3rd 04 12:46 AM