Looking for a yellow helmet

Old April 8th 08, 05:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
BCDrums

Default Looking for a yellow helmet

Chalo wrote:
BCDrums wrote:
Each spring I keep an eye peeled for a yellow helmet, and I don't see
any. I'm thinking of a Pearl Izumi-type screaming yellow, not gold. I
want yellow for safety reasons.

Safety!

http://www.discountsafetygear.com/fimesuhahatw.html

If you want a chinstrap. you can unlace one from an old shoe.

Chalo

Excellent! Just the color I want. Cheap enough to buy several, too!

BC
Old April 8th 08, 05:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JeffWills

On Apr 7, 9:37*pm, BCDrums wrote:
Chalo wrote:
BCDrums wrote:
Each spring I keep an eye peeled for a yellow helmet, and I don't see
any. I'm thinking of a Pearl Izumi-type screaming yellow, not gold. I
want yellow for safety reasons.

Safety!

http://www.discountsafetygear.com/fimesuhahatw.html

If you want a chinstrap. you can unlace one from an old shoe.

Chalo

* Excellent! Just the color I want. Cheap enough to buy several, too!

BC

Sure, if you want the "Village People" look.

The Bell "Citi" is available in solid yellow or orange/grey:
http://www.bellbikehelmets.com/produ...asp?prodID=10#
http://www.bellbikehelmets.com/view3...500420pmz.html
http://www.bellbikehelmets.com/view3...500420pmz.html

A couple friends have the yellow version- nice and visible, IMO.

Jeff
Old April 8th 08, 02:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

i wore a construction helmet on a single cylinder yamaha before buying
a the silver 'looking backward' magnum. construction helmets litter
the roadway around construction areas.
The style is HOT. Notice no vents. Vents are popular. you may have
noticed that. maybe not.
riding on the ATL beltway, the hat came off. A semi ran over it.
The hat tiddleywinked 150 feet with a rubber streak for wear. durabble
VHT sells color shift paint but nooooo yellow. Campmor varitec T's in
yellow shift to white as the sun sets.
There's a good helmet color.
I wear dayglo orange hunting baseball caps from walmart and have not
experienced Bee/wasp problems but I live near the salty coast where
the environment is heavily saturated with bug poisons.
an alternative is dayglo tape on the helmet
odd thing here is a deliberate tendency for coloring helmets in less
than visible colors and more toward a coloring style. like itsa safety
device not an accoutremaw. nutto
Old April 8th 08, 06:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Apr 7, 11:37*pm, BCDrums wrote:
Chalo wrote:
BCDrums wrote:
Each spring I keep an eye peeled for a yellow helmet, and I don't see
any. I'm thinking of a Pearl Izumi-type screaming yellow, not gold. I
want yellow for safety reasons.

Safety!

http://www.discountsafetygear.com/fimesuhahatw.html

If you want a chinstrap. you can unlace one from an old shoe.

Chalo

* Excellent! Just the color I want. Cheap enough to buy several, too!

BC

How many heads you got?
Old April 9th 08, 02:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Jeff Wills wrote:

LOL ridiculous: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYTvOg7CzHI. [1]

The Bell "Citi" is available in solid yellow or orange/grey:
http://www.bellbikehelmets.com/produ...asp?prodID=10#
http://www.bellbikehelmets.com/view3...500420pmz.html
http://www.bellbikehelmets.com/view3...500420pmz.html

A couple friends have the yellow version- nice and visible, IMO.

Rather reasonable looking for a magic foam bicycle hat.

[1] I recall doing calisthenics to this in 4th grade PE class.