Since even the tiniest details matter . . .

Old February 20th 09, 05:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Since even the tiniest details matter . . .

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 15:48:27 GMT, Ryan Cousineau
wrote:

[snip]

Dear Ryan,

An indignant email asked me about current events, as opposed to
long-ago history, so I had an excuse to browse some Tour of California
photos.

It's baaaack . . .

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...0034138_1_full

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...0034149_1_full

Looks like yellow hands on the dial.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old February 20th 09, 05:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ryan Cousineau

wrote:

[snip]

Dear Ryan,

An indignant email asked me about current events, as opposed to
long-ago history, so I had an excuse to browse some Tour of California
photos.

It's baaaack . . .

Ai yi yi!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...hotos/2009/feb
09/california09/california094/bettiniphoto_0034138_1_full

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...hotos/2009/feb

09/california09/california094/bettiniphoto_0034149_1_full

Looks like yellow hands on the dial.

Dead giveaway. I don't think it's a Rolex. I think it's this:

http://www.wristdreams.com/archives/2007/06/new_nike_lance.html

Nike Limited Edition Lance Alti Chrono Ti. The wristband and yellow
hands and general face design match well. As for the peformance aspects,
I might suggest that the altimeter function could be most useful, plus
also the HUGE SPONSOR DOLLARS! Also, it's Ti, so it's extra-light.

I would wear a kilt in a race if paid Nike-to-Lance money.

My other excuse for Lance's egregiously inefficient wrist attire is that
ToC is a training race. You can bet he has no intention of being 30s
behind Levi Leipheimer in the TdF.

(And yes, I know this doesn't explain his previous wrist attire in
previous Tours des Frances. I'm working on it).

Old February 20th 09, 08:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 05:48:02 GMT, Ryan Cousineau
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

You could be right.

Weight discreetly omitted, but elsewhere I see that it (or a previous
model) was "Designed with meaningful symbols such as a skull,
astrological sign of Cancer (crab), a radioactive symbol and Lance's
home state of Texas."

http://shopping.msn.com.au/reviews/n...ph-pu-analogue

So far, no one has suggested consulting astrological tables for
favorable omens before races, but if even the tiniest details matter
in bicycling . . .

Only 1,002 watches made, just to drive the point into the ground.

I wonder if they'd sell more watches if the price was $1,002 or
$10.02, instead of $599? You'd think that the marketing department
would pay attention to small details like that.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel