Help: Teflon V Brake Noodle Liner

Old February 18th 09, 07:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

Default Help: Teflon V Brake Noodle Liner

"BlahBlah" wrote:
Anyone know if it's possible to purchase just the Teflon liner for a
shimano XT V Brake cable noodle? If so, know of an online source? Thanks
for any advice.

Nick L Plate wrote:
PTFE is toxic, I'd advise against making up noodles with teflon. You
could use a liquid dispersed high performance lubricant. Teflon/
graphite/molybdenum disulphide in a can.

A Muzi wrote:
Absolute bs. It is not at all toxic to humans which is why it's popular
in cookware.

Nick L Plate wrote:
http://www.ewg.org/reports/toxicteflon
and others

Yep, I saw a few thousand bodies stacked at the curbs when riding in
this morning. People just wantonly cooking eggs for each other all
morning long with malice aforethought. The horror! Each of them ate that
one fatal part per million of teflon.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old February 18th 09, 07:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

Nick L Plate wrote:
http://www.ewg.org/reports/toxicteflon
and others

Yep, I saw a few thousand bodies stacked at the curbs when riding in
this morning. People just wantonly cooking eggs for each other all
morning long with malice aforethought. The horror! Each of them ate that
one fatal part per million of teflon.
--

I hope these hand wringers lotion up--you don't want chapping this
time of year, what with the dry air and everything.

Teflon, Tang, Velcro...all beautiful little miracles!

Old February 19th 09, 12:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
BlahBlah

Ouch!

I found the entire assembly, including the noodle and the liner, on line for
$3.

"Eric Vey" wrote in message
BlahBlah wrote:
Hi:

Anyone know if it's possible to purchase just the Teflon liner for a
shimano XT V Brake cable noodle? If so, know of an online source?
Thanks for any advice.

I saw one for sale online once for $15(!). Don't remember where, though.

Noodle Angles and Lengths Psychlo-path Techniques 7 February 27th 07 05:38 AM
What's the story behind Teflon coated sprockets? Friday Techniques 14 November 27th 06 05:15 PM
Noodle Liner john Techniques 2 September 2nd 06 04:22 AM
teflon spray, waterproof grease Brad Hubbard Australia 0 October 14th 04 02:11 AM
Sealed Dry Cable derailleur and brake sets Teflon smooth Mark Wheaton Marketplace 0 April 21st 04 12:14 PM