Bettini is a dick! (Giro spoiler)

Old May 12th 05, 03:06 AM
Carl Brewer

Default Bettini is a dick! (Giro spoiler)

Anyone got video of the sprint finish today? I've only seen the
photos on cyclingnews

Baden should have punched him!

Old May 12th 05, 03:29 AM
Jay Woo

Carl Brewer wrote:
Anyone got video of the sprint finish today? I've only seen the
photos on cyclingnews

Baden should have punched him!

go to;
http://www.eurosport.com/giro2005/

Old May 12th 05, 03:38 AM
flyingdutch

Carl Brewer Wrote:
Anyone got video of the sprint finish today? I've only seen the
photos on cyclingnews

Baden should have punched him!

was kind of hard to tell from the still shots as you cant see th
leadup to it as to whether Baden was trying to pass thru a gap that wa
never there or whether Bettini moved over to close it.
What are the surrounding rules ?

PS just got home after surgery, high as a kite, 'rubberbands' holdin
shoulder back together. no doubt the pain will come :

--
flyingdutch

Old May 12th 05, 03:48 AM
Tamyka Bell

flyingdutch wrote:

Carl Brewer Wrote:
Anyone got video of the sprint finish today? I've only seen the
photos on cyclingnews

Baden should have punched him!

was kind of hard to tell from the still shots as you cant see the
leadup to it as to whether Baden was trying to pass thru a gap that was
never there or whether Bettini moved over to close it.
What are the surrounding rules ?

PS just got home after surgery, high as a kite, 'rubberbands' holding
shoulder back together. no doubt the pain will come

--
flyingdutch

How did the surgery go, how long is your expected recovery, etc?

Tam
Old May 12th 05, 04:23 AM
Carl Brewer

On Thu, 12 May 2005 12:48:26 +1000, Tamyka Bell
wrote:

flyingdutch wrote:

Carl Brewer Wrote:
Anyone got video of the sprint finish today? I've only seen the
photos on cyclingnews

Baden should have punched him!

was kind of hard to tell from the still shots as you cant see the
leadup to it as to whether Baden was trying to pass thru a gap that was
never there or whether Bettini moved over to close it.
What are the surrounding rules ?

PS just got home after surgery, high as a kite, 'rubberbands' holding
shoulder back together. no doubt the pain will come

--
flyingdutch

How did the surgery go, how long is your expected recovery, etc?

I've got him doing VO2max work this arvo (while he's on the
painkillers!) on a spinner.

Old May 12th 05, 04:30 AM
Tamyka Bell

wrote:

flyingdutch wrote:

Carl Brewer Wrote:
Anyone got video of the sprint finish today? I've only seen the
photos on cyclingnews

Baden should have punched him!

was kind of hard to tell from the still shots as you cant see the
leadup to it as to whether Baden was trying to pass thru a gap that was
never there or whether Bettini moved over to close it.
What are the surrounding rules ?

PS just got home after surgery, high as a kite, 'rubberbands' holding
shoulder back together. no doubt the pain will come

--
flyingdutch

How did the surgery go, how long is your expected recovery, etc?

I've got him doing VO2max work this arvo (while he's on the
painkillers!) on a spinner.

That's just cruel! I gave myself a shock the other day - it was cold and
wet and I had to drop my bike in for a service in the morning. I didn't
want to cop peak hour traffic so I went early and used the Enoggera gym,
seeing as it was close by. I did 10 treadmill running (pyramid with
incline and speed), 10 minutes cycling (Lemond Revmaster, they're okay
if you can fit quickly) and 10 minutes rowing followed by 10 minutes of
weights (compound). It's been a long time since I've done anything like
that and it got the heart rate up pretty damn high. It's nasty when you
find out just how detrained you are...

Tam
Old May 12th 05, 04:36 AM
Carl Brewer

On Thu, 12 May 2005 12:06:59 +1000, Carl Brewer
wrote:

Anyone got video of the sprint finish today? I've only seen the
photos on cyclingnews

http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/...matid 4.shtml

After seeing that, esp the top view, maybe Bettini's been
getting lessons in straight lines from Graham Brown?

Bettini claims he did it by accident, maybe ... but he sure did it!

Old May 12th 05, 04:59 AM
adam85

Jay Woo Wrote:
Carl Brewer wrote:
Anyone got video of the sprint finish today? I've only seen the
photos on cyclingnews

Baden should have punched him!

go to;
http://www.eurosport.com/giro2005/

I like Bettini as a rider, but he definately suddenly move
across,something you're not supposed to do in the last part of
sprint. He reckons he couldn't get his 11 and moved over to cover. Wel
too bad, you can't just block because your bike won't shift gear!
don't really think he deliberately tried to take him out though. When
watched the video it didn't look like Cooke got his front wheel take
out, and Bettini says that Cooke stuck him arm out to lean on him bu
didn't get it quite right and crashed. Still Bettini's fault though
How ****ed off would you be!

Ada

--
adam85

Old May 12th 05, 05:16 AM
cfsmtb

Carl Brewer Wrote:
Anyone got video of the sprint finish today? I've only seen the
photos on cyclingnews

Baden should have punched him!

Yeah, I was reading that too, Baden should of not-so-discreetly "hip
shoulder'ed" the prick for that. Git. :mad

--
cfsmtb