Re-sealing Frogs

Old February 14th 05, 05:32 PM
M. Chandler

Default Re-sealing Frogs

I tried refreashing the grease in my Speedplay Frog pedals, and noticed
that some of the grease was leaking out between the body halves (instead
of merely coming out around the axle). I suspect it's time to re-seal
the body, and was wondering if anyone had any pointers for which gasket
material to use.

Thanks,

--mc
--
Mark Chandler
Superior, CO
Old February 15th 05, 03:27 AM
Steve Knight

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 10:32:37 -0700, "M. Chandler"
wrote:

I tried refreashing the grease in my Speedplay Frog pedals, and noticed
that some of the grease was leaking out between the body halves (instead
of merely coming out around the axle). I suspect it's time to re-seal
the body, and was wondering if anyone had any pointers for which gasket
material to use.

they are just somewhat glued together. myself unless you have some replacement
screws don't do it. the heads stripped on mine so they were not tight enough and
got all sloppy. I said the hell with it (I had two cleats break in 6 months) and
bought some bee bops.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Old February 15th 05, 09:45 AM

Don't worry about Stripping the bolts or anything, I think you'd have
to be seriously overzealous to do so, I've done mine plenty of times
with no problems. I just bought some 'liquid gasket' from my local car
maintenance shop, it's probably just like silicone sealant but it puts
my mind at rest. Put a bead round the edge of one half of the pedal,
then put them back together again (don't tighten the ******** off of it
or the gasket won't seal, and you might strip a bolt :-/ ) Never had
any problems doing it myself.

Hope that helps

Old February 16th 05, 01:03 AM
RonSonic

I'm sorry, but every time I scroll past this thread on my news reader I am
alarmed by leaking Frenchmen.

Ron

Old February 16th 05, 01:29 AM

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 01:03:11 GMT, RonSonic
wrote:

I'm sorry, but every time I scroll past this thread on my news reader I am
alarmed by leaking Frenchmen.

Ron

Dear Ron,

Re-sealing Frogs?

Hmmm . . . I've heard of rere-mice, but not rere-frogs,
sealing or otherwise.

Titania
Old February 16th 05, 02:51 AM
S o r n i

RonSonic wrote:
I'm sorry, but every time I scroll past this thread on my news reader
I am alarmed by leaking Frenchmen.

I keep picturing a French restaurant, and what they do with the amputee frog
torsos after serving up a heap 'o legs.
--
Changed user name just to **** off

Old February 16th 05, 04:36 AM
David L. Johnson

wrote:

I'm sorry, but every time I scroll past this thread on my news reader I am
alarmed by leaking Frenchmen.

Ron

Dear Ron,

Re-sealing Frogs?

Hmmm . . . I've heard of rere-mice, but not rere-frogs,

French sodomites?

--

David L. Johnson

__o | Deserves death! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve
_`\(,_ | death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to
(_)/ (_) | them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.
-- J. R. R. Tolkein

Old February 16th 05, 04:58 AM
Jim Smith

wrote:

I'm sorry, but every time I scroll past this thread on my news reader I am
alarmed by leaking Frenchmen.

Ron

Dear Ron,

Re-sealing Frogs?

Hmmm . . . I've heard of rere-mice, but not rere-frogs,

French sodomites?

Is there another kind?

I kid, I kid!
Old February 16th 05, 05:32 AM
David L. Johnson

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 22:58:34 -0600, Jim Smith wrote:

"David L. Johnson" writes:

Re-sealing Frogs?

Hmmm . . . I've heard of rere-mice, but not rere-frogs,

French sodomites?

Is there another kind?

Of Frenchman?

I kid, I kid!

Moi, aussi.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
_`\(,_ | certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to
(_)/ (_) | reality. -- Albert Einstein