problem with vista dvd burner

Old January 8th 09, 08:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Default problem with vista dvd burner

I tried using the default dvd burner that comes standard with windows
vista. When playing any or wmv through windows media player, you have
the option to rip, burn and all that. So I inserted a blank dvd-r and it
burned just fine to the disc, then it finalized it, then auto-ejected.

I thought it would be ready to play on any dvd player. NOT! Not only
would it not play in my TV dvd, I also took it circuit city and popped
it in several dvd players and it wouldn't play in any of them! What
could be the problem? Should I buy a stan-alone dvd burning software,
like roxio? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

--
MuniAddict

::'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com)

'' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/member.php?u=12920)::
Old January 8th 09, 08:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Smilymarco

Its Vista... what did you expect? haha

I use Roxio, i like it. You could maybe use a demo version from Nero...

--
Smilymarco

'Municycle.com' (http://www.municycle.com)
Lesen - Denken - Posten
Old January 8th 09, 09:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Smilymarco;1167012 wrote:
Its Vista... what did you expect? haha

I use Roxio, i like it. You could maybe use a demo version from Nero...

Haha. I also downloaded other dvd burners and they ALL go thru the
process and finalize the disc, but they no dvd player-other than my
laptop where it was burned- will play it! I'm using dvd-r.

I wonder if trying a dvd+r would make difference. Yes I've used roxio
as well, and had an older version but it's long gone and I really don't
want to spend $200 for the Roxio software I saw at curcuit city! I just
want to burn a friggin dvd asap! Why is it so damn comlicated!!!!???

Old January 8th 09, 09:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

It's only complicated when you don't know what's going wrong.
Supposedly. Unfortunately I don't know what's going wrong either so
that's not very helpful. I will comment that the many-versions-old Toast
(version 6) that I still use on my Mac works fine, though the current
version of the product is on 9 or 10. Your old Roxio may still work,
long as it knows about the types of discs you're using. In fact, my
Toast software works just fine with dual-layer DVDs, which may not have
even been on the market when that software came out.

Hopefully someone here who does more with video will be along soon...

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"False facts are frequently formed from figures fabricated from fear
fired fiction." -- Harper
Old January 8th 09, 09:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

johnfoss;1167022 wrote:
It's only complicated when you don't know what's going wrong.
Supposedly. Unfortunately I don't know what's going wrong either so
that's not very helpful. I will comment that the many-versions-old Toast
(version 6) that I still use on my Mac works fine, though the current
version of the product is on 9 or 10. Your old Roxio may still work,
long as it knows about the types of discs you're using. In fact, my
Toast software works just fine with dual-layer DVDs, which may not have
even been on the market when that software came out.

Hopefully someone here who does more with video will be along soon...

Thanks John. I just called my local computer repair shop just down my
street, and they said they would be happy burn a dvd for me if I bring
then the wmv file on a disc..that I can do!

Old January 8th 09, 09:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jtrops

I haven't done this in a long time, but if I remember right .wmv is a
proprietary MS format, and it is not compatible with any other video
codec. Many of the other video codecs (avi, divx, and etc.) are
variations of Mpeg4, and are easily moved between formats. I think you
will need an application that will convert your wmv file to dvd files
before burning. Once you have your Audio_TS and Video_TS folders you
should be ready to burn it.

--
jtrops
Old January 8th 09, 10:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harper

This belongs in Just Conversation.

You need software to encode from .wmv to either a VIDEO_TS folder or an
image (.ISO) file. Either of those can then be burned onto a DVD that
can be played on your standard DVD player with a freeware program like
ImgBurn or DVDDecrypter.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

"Natural logs are what you ride on a Mun'e'." - kevinalexandersmith
Old January 9th 09, 12:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

I use dvd+r. And make sure you are burning an actual video dvd, and not
just putting data onto the dvd. Theres a difference.

Nero vision is my favorite. Actually, Nero is my favorite bundle for
all my cd needs. People say "OMG! 1gig for a burning program. Nero is
bloatware." Which is untrue. Nero isnt just a cd burning application,
now its a media center, and luckily, there is a custom install option,
so if you only want nero vision, express, and cover design, thats all
you get.

Anyways, try nero vision. It will convert your format to the one that
will work best, give you menu options, or create your own menus, can
switch between PAL and NTSC, set the quality, progressive scan or
interlaced, encodes and burns very fast, and its just awesome.

--
Jerrick

*Press Alt+F4 to fix post
stretch.*[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC]JC~
Old January 9th 09, 12:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Jerrick;1167151 wrote:
I use dvd+r. And make sure you are burning an actual video dvd, and not
just putting data onto the dvd. Theres a difference.

Nero vision is my favorite. Actually, Nero is my favorite bundle for
all my cd needs. People say "OMG! 1gig for a burning program. Nero is
bloatware." Which is untrue. Nero isnt just a cd burning application,
now its a media center, and luckily, there is a custom install option,
so if you only want nero vision, express, and cover design, thats all
you get.

Anyways, try nero vision. It will convert your format to the one that
will work best, give you menu options, or create your own menus, can
switch between PAL and NTSC, set the quality, progressive scan or
interlaced, encodes and burns very fast, and its just awesome.

Thanks Jerrick yeah that's what the computer place used and it seemed
very easy to use. Any idea how much Nero software is these days? (Or
I'll just google it to get an idea) Thanks!

Old January 9th 09, 12:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

I recommend getting Nero 7 if you go for the whole package. I havent
used 9, but used 8 for a long time. 7 doesnt look as round and visually
appealing compared to 8 (Only by 1 or 2 notches) but it seems to be a
lot more stable to me.

tri-burner? bornfree UK 5 July 24th 08 11:04 PM
Turkey Burner in Santa Fe? Scott Gordo Mountain Biking 1 September 6th 07 04:20 AM
Raleigh Aero Pro Burner Chuck UK 3 November 30th 05 12:38 PM
FS: Easton Vista Wheelset, New [email protected] Marketplace 0 September 23rd 05 03:49 PM
Vista Bicycle Sidewinder Techniques 1 July 12th 05 08:41 AM