Wheel Walk Unicycle. (Home Made)

Old January 6th 09, 10:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SamGoodburn

Default Wheel Walk Unicycle. (Home Made)

Like to see a chav try to ride away on this!

No Cranks.
No Peddals.
Long Neck (If it had peddals you couldn't reach 'em)
A drum break
A bent back frame (Like on a bike)
And a Grippy tyre!
And blocky spoke things.

The Wheel Walk Unicycle. (Can you think of a better name as its not
technicly a "cycle")

As its so tall its hard to free mount. So how I do it, Is, I run with
it and start to sit on it as I'm running then I press the break which
gets me on it and then I start to wheel walk.
Or you could put the break on. Then put your foot in one of the spokes
and climb up.

I can wheel walk it.
One footed wheel walk it
Im starting to get the hang of idling it by rocking it back and forth
when i have my feet on the spokes.
I can't coast on a normal unicycle so I don't know abotu coasting.

[image:
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...0875_1147.jpg]
[image:
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...0874_3515.jpg]

Sorry about the crappy photos ;[ i'll take some better ones.

--
SamGoodburn

very creative sig.
Old January 6th 09, 11:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeremy R

Awesome!

--
Jeremy R

'661' (http://www.sixsixone.com/)
'MountainUni' (http://www.mountainuni.com/splash.asp)
spam ban kaboom - Gilby
Old January 6th 09, 11:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Biggestbtc

I would've never thought of such a thing. Where did you get it?

Now if only it weighed 300 pounds, it would be virtually theft proof.

--
Biggestbtc

~Benjamin
Unicycle For Christ

Old January 6th 09, 11:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SamGoodburn

Biggestbtc;1165735 wrote:
Where did you get it?

I had the idea for unicycle with no cranks or peddals, a long neck and
a grippy tyre.

Then my dad made it but also added a drum break for mounting, a bent
back frame and the cool spokes. Perfect.

--
SamGoodburn

very creative sig.
Old January 7th 09, 02:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
TonyMelton

Max Dingemanns in Minneapolis has a similar unicycle. He called it a
'coasting unicycle' and his had no brakes but BMX foot pegs on the axle.
The foot pegs made it possibly easier to mount than your design and also
made more tricks, especially coasting ones, possible.

--
TonyMelton

'Take a squizz at my YouTube videos!'
(http://www.youtube.com/user/unimeltdown)
Old January 7th 09, 02:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

I tried making a similar unicycle for high speed gliding, but it didn't
work out too well, I have more control with pedals.

Still they are fun to play around with.

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)
Old January 7th 09, 05:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dangerdog

Great work,innovative and home-made it doesn't get better than that.

--
dangerdog

once I was young and stupid....that was some time ago

video http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=gDderUScDJQ
Old January 7th 09, 06:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
madmattunipro

Put a couple pegs/plates on it and you'd have what we were talking about
on the BC thread.

So my guess is it's a bike fork mated to a seat post.... and you
happened to have that wheel with the brake in it? I guess it's handy to
have the thick spokes if you use them to idle too... kinda cool.

--
madmattunipro

Unicycle For Christ

www.bedfordunicycles.ca

http://www.norco.com
Old January 7th 09, 06:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SamGoodburn

madmattunipro;1166018 wrote:
Put a couple pegs/plates on it and you'd have what we were talking about
on the BC thread.

Might try that.. hmm.

--
SamGoodburn

very creative sig.
Old January 7th 09, 06:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

SamGoodburn;1165666 wrote:
The Wheel Walk Unicycle. (Can you think of a better name as its not
technicly a "cycle")Wheel walk uni. That takes out the "cycle" part if
you don't like it. Or Wwuni, which I don't like and totally don't
recommend.

Note it should also be an excellent gliding uni as well, due to the
nice fork rake that leaves more room for your feet up there!

Note:
Two words people commonly spell wrong, but that are important to us
cyclists. They even get spelled wrong in the press!
- Break: opposite of fix
- Brake: to stop with
- Peddle: to sell
- Pedal: screws into a crank arm

Please make a note of it.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"False facts are frequently formed from figures fabricated from fear
fired fiction." -- Harper

home made bc wheel primus Unicycling 3 February 1st 08 12:04 AM
Home made unicycle frame aydan_evans Unicycling 22 November 28th 07 09:45 AM
Home made wheel truing stand Travis Australia 4 June 13th 07 12:10 AM
home made bc wheel bobousse Unicycling 7 February 13th 07 12:32 AM
Post your home made unicycle upgrades. albertomorrison Unicycling 22 February 11th 06 07:11 PM