American in Paris

Old March 15th 07, 12:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan

Default American in Paris

I was walking down the street in Paris 2 days ago and I saw a middle
aged man wearing Tour de France labelled fleece vest and matching cap.
I just started speaking to him in English as he had to be American. I
explained to him that the Tour de France was considered sub NASCAR in
Paris, more in the tractor pull range.. In fact, I couldn't think of
the French tourist equivalent in the USA, has Perrier Nascar gear had
any success in the USA? Talladega Nights hasn't even been released in
France yet, it was supposed to be last November and no release date
appears now....

-ilan

Old March 15th 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Nev Shea

"ilan" wrote in news:1173962639.589330.269530
@l75g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

I was walking down the street in Paris 2 days ago and I saw a middle
aged man wearing Tour de France labelled fleece vest and matching cap.
I just started speaking to him in English as he had to be American. I
explained to him that the Tour de France was considered sub NASCAR in
Paris, more in the tractor pull range.. In fact, I couldn't think of
the French tourist equivalent in the USA, has Perrier Nascar gear had
any success in the USA?

It is entirely possible he thinks tractor pulls are for the social elite
while he prefers cock fights, pig racing and rattlesnake round-ups. I hope
you were able to steer him to similar events in Paris.

NS
US tourist bureau

Old March 15th 07, 05:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jack Hollis

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:39:47 GMT, Nev Shea
wrote:

It is entirely possible he thinks tractor pulls are for the social elite
while he prefers cock fights, pig racing and rattlesnake round-ups. I hope
you were able to steer him to similar events in Paris.

NS
US tourist bureau

Don't put down cock fighting. Once you put money down on one of the
birds, it can be very interesting.
Old March 15th 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Curtis L. Russell

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 13:14:50 -0400, Jack Hollis
wrote:

Don't put down cock fighting. Once you put money down on one of the
birds, it can be very interesting.

Birds?

Paris-Brest-Paris David Damerell UK 20 August 24th 06 05:40 PM
O/T: American. Carla A-G Mountain Biking 33 April 11th 06 01:38 PM
Paris-Brest-Paris essendon93 Australia 29 October 22nd 05 07:20 AM
an American Andre Racing 11 October 4th 05 01:45 AM