Sea to Shining Sea Support

Old March 24th 09, 01:21 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

Default Sea to Shining Sea Support

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Mar 22, 7:00 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
I give you as much advice as I think you can absorb. No need to thank me.
do these kind of favors out of the goodness of my soul. After all, I am
not
only Great, but a Great Saint known far and wide in Minnesota as Saint
Edward the Great!

1. I didn't thank you.

2. Your very drivel is so simplistic that even all but the very
dumbest would not be challenged to absorb it.

3. I don't believe I have eve requested your advice and have gone on
record numerous times to indicate that your advice is neither needed,
desired or welcomed; and, that is advice that you have yet been
unabele to absorb!

4. You misspelled Headward the Grate ... again.

You need much instruction just as all children do. Does one ask a child
if he wants to be instructed? Of course not! You instruct children for
their own good whether they are thankful for it or not. It is a duty that
the wise owe to the ignorant, especially if one is imbued with a sense of
noblesse oblige like I am. It is all part of my Saintliness.

[...]

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old March 24th 09, 01:15 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jeff Grippe

You're slipping Ed.

What happened to the customary "All Top Posters are Idiots"?

It is clear you don't read your own posting anymore.

How could this get by you?
"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:rM6dnXeWudSsr1XUnZ2dnUVZ_uidnZ2d@prairiewave. com...

"Jeff Grippe" wrote in message
m...
I am by far, the dumbest.

In addition to being a top poster (which I guess just makes me an idiot),

I read a fair number of your and big Jim's posts.

What can I say? Some people listen Howard Stern, I read your posts.

I also echo Tom, I'm glad you're alive and well. That goes for big Jim as
well.

Jeff

Hells Bells, I don't even read my own posts anymore. I am on automatic
when it comes to what is left of ARBR.

Old March 24th 09, 01:26 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Grippe" wrote in message
m...
You're slipping Ed.

What happened to the customary "All Top Posters are Idiots"?

It is clear you don't read your own posting anymore.

[...]

Have you decided on a retirement city that is suitable for your cycling
needs yet? I decided long ago that there is something wrong with every
conceivable place on the face of the earth. Therefore, you might as well
stay where you are.

Old March 24th 09, 03:17 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jeff Grippe

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

Have you decided on a retirement city that is suitable for your cycling
needs yet? I decided long ago that there is something wrong with every
conceivable place on the face of the earth. Therefore, you might as well
stay where you are.

The problem with where I am is the cold. It just doesn't agree with all the
hardware in my body. If the cold weren't an issue, I'd move somewhere along
the rail trail that runs from Pittsburgh to DC. It is 400+ miles of trail
where you never encounter a car. But, alas, the cold is the real issue.

I've considered Austin, TX. Being full of liberals like me and being a
center for the kind of music that I like, it seems pretty good.

All of that is a long way off, however. I won't be doing any moving until my
son graduates from college. Even then, I'll probably stay in White Plains
for most of the year and go to Austin for the worst of the winter.

Jeff

Old March 25th 09, 02:04 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Opus[_2_]

On Mar 24, 3:17 pm, "Jeff Grippe" wrote:

The problem with where I am is the cold. It just doesn't agree with all the
hardware in my body. If the cold weren't an issue, I'd move somewhere along
the rail trail that runs from Pittsburgh to DC. It is 400+ miles of trail
where you never encounter a car. But, alas, the cold is the real issue.

I've considered Austin, TX. Being full of liberals like me and being a
center for the kind of music that I like, it seems pretty good.

All of that is a long way off, however. I won't be doing any moving until my
son graduates from college. Even then, I'll probably stay in White Plains
for most of the year and go to Austin for the worst of the winter.

Jeff

The problem with Austin is the cost of living, it's the most expensive
city in Texas. There is a bright side however, just last week a woman
was given a ticket for hitting a cyclist and the cyclist wasn't even
dead.

Opus
Old March 25th 09, 03:19 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jeff Grippe

"Opus" wrote in message
[...]

Well remember that I'm used to New York City standards when it comes to cost
of living so I don't think the sticker shock is going to be bad. I'll have
to research how Austin cost of living compares the New York. Do you live
there?

The woman who hit me, who admitted that there was no reason that she should
have hit me, did not get a ticket. I wasn't dead either although I'll bet
she wouldn't have gotten a ticket even if I was. In White Plains, where I
live, they love to write parking tickets. Public and metered parking has
gone to 24/7 including Sundays and Holidays. Now if they were putting that
money into building REAL bike routes (defined as being completely segreated
from cars) then I wouldn't complain.

Jeff

Old March 25th 09, 08:06 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Opus" wrote in message
[...]

I rather liked University towns when I was younger, but no more. Young
people are a pain in the ass. Most of them are just barely socialized, let
alone civilized. And besides, the university professors are all genuine
assholes committed to liberalism as if it were ever going to do anything
for anyone.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota\

Old March 26th 09, 02:23 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jeff Grippe

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:frGdnT1epKJNE1fUnZ2dnUVZ_ovinZ2d@prairiewave. com...

"Opus" wrote in message
[...]

Well I think we agree to disagree on that one.

We are a fundamentally flawed species but like the eternal optimist that I
am, I have hope. However, I may be completely wrong about where we will end
up as a species and I freely admit this. No system of belief be it liberal
or conservative is going to have an impact if we don't evolve past our
tribal nature. Also, there are simply too many people period. However,
neither I nor anyone I know is volunteering to actively reduce the
population.

Meanwhile, I, like yourself, are closer to the end than the beginning. These
are problems for my son to grapple with if he chooses to do so.

Jeff

PS I still like University towns and Austin, in particular, has a very
active music scene so if the cost of living doesn't bother me (it doesn't)
then it may be the perfect place to go.

Old March 26th 09, 03:29 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

[...]

America's golden age has come and gone. It happened right after WWII. Things
will steadily get worse and worse. We will end up no better than any other
second rate nation in the world.

PS I still like University towns and Austin, in particular, has a very
active music scene so if the cost of living doesn't bother me (it doesn't)
then it may be the perfect place to go.

I can appreciate an active music scene (provided it is mostly classical
music), but if cost of living doesn't matter, I would just as soon live in a
nice large apartment on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. When you get to be
my age, cycling becomes quite unimportant.

Old March 26th 09, 04:37 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jeff Grippe

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:T7OdnbdU5aTcAlbUnZ2dnUVZ_qPinZ2d@prairiewave. com...

[...]

Even if cycling is unimportant, for me, climate isn't. I need warm and dry.
NY is cold and wet and besides, I hate the upper east side. You couldn't pay
me to live in Manhattan anymore.

The music in Austin is mostly blues and variations of blues.

If you like classical, permit me to recommend Lily Afshar. She is one of the
finest classical guitarists I've heard in a long time. She has a small
handful of albums and they are all quite good.

All the best,
Jeff

Sea to Shining Sea Support -RB Rides 1 March 17th 09 07:12 PM
Sea to Shining Sea Support -RB General 7 March 1st 09 10:31 PM
Sea to Shining Sea Support -RB Social Issues 1 February 23rd 09 11:32 AM
Another shining example of Henry! ST[_2_] Racing 9 September 9th 08 05:29 PM
Shining Bright American cars Red Cloud General 39 June 5th 04 02:34 PM