Dumb blonde geography

Old March 22nd 09, 09:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ben C

Default Dumb blonde geography

On 2009-03-21, wrote:
Andrew Muzi wrote:

[...]
Gene's gift is, as with the Pythoness and other classic oracles,
"often ambiguous or obscure".

not only often, but usually and for me always.

Herodotus notes that, with the Persians approaching, the Delphi
priestess foresaw Athens 'saved by wood'. The Athenians who sought
shelter in the wooden shrine at the Acropolis were killed. The ones
who fought in wooden ships prevailed at Salamis. He made a big deal
of her 'prediction'.

Now that's an oracle at her best! Never wrong; merely inscrutable
(until after the fact).

After the fact doesn't count by me. It must be unambiguously clear
when stated rather than reinterpretation to fit the facts afterward.
I hope that isn't too much for wreck.bike.

You need more faith. ducks
Old March 22nd 09, 05:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:
Andrew Muzi wrote:

Not profound ignorance nor profound understanding, but most
definitely a style if somewhat contrived.

I know it rubs many the wrong way and lots of folks don't even
attempt to translate Datakol's postings and seek the deeper
meanings. Just this morning I rode my handsome green CCM steed
(rattling theft resistant beater) to the corner gas station
(filling station) to add some air to the tires (tyres). There
I encountered a pristine late 1960's P142S sitting at the
pumps. After a few minutes a well dressed middle aged woman
emerged from the building and proceeded to get into the car. I
adopted my best attempt at a Floridian (Florida) accent and
shouted "Nice Vulva". All I got in exchange was a look of
disgust.

There is only ONE Gene Daniels. Beware impostors!

The datakol (aka Gene Daniels) style is consistently not English,
apparently to affect illiteracy.

Yup, oracles are like that:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/oracle
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pythoness

Webster's has a slightly different definition that includes:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/oracle

# a person giving wise or authoritative decisions or opinions #

I don't see that in the cryptic jumble of words he offers.

Websters mentions, as you cite, "wise or authoritative" which would,
in my opinion, overlap with "expert".

Gene's gift is, as with the Pythoness and other classic oracles,
"often ambiguous or obscure".

not only often, but usually and for me always.

Herodotus notes that, with the Persians approaching, the Delphi
priestess foresaw Athens 'saved by wood'. The Athenians who sought
shelter in the wooden shrine at the Acropolis were killed. The ones
who fought in wooden ships prevailed at Salamis. He made a big deal
of her 'prediction'.

Now that's an oracle at her best! Never wrong; merely inscrutable
(until after the fact).

After the fact doesn't count by me. It must be unambiguously clear
when stated rather than reinterpretation to fit the facts afterward.
I hope that isn't too much for wreck.bike.

Jobst Brandt

We agree.
'Wise', 'authoritative' or 'prescient' you get from an expert.
'Ambiguous' or 'obscure' from Oracles. Like Gene!

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old March 22nd 09, 09:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Mar 22, 7:23*am, Tom Sherman
wrote:
datakoll aka Gene Daniels wrote:

Jute said the location is Brittany ?

Perfect placed for a Landing Ship Dock, no?

This is a double lie. I said nothing about Brittany. Tom Sherman knows
I said nothing about Brittany. But Liddell Tommi can't resist getting
in a knock at me at the same time as he helps the public idiot Gene
Daniels cover up his ignorance of where (or possibly even what)
Hungary is.

You're blowing poor quality smoke out of your ass, Tommi.

Unsigned out of contempt

Old March 22nd 09, 09:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Mar 22, 5:21*pm, AMuzi wrote:
wrote:
Andrew Muzi wrote:

[...]

I may not always see eye to eye with Jobst, but he is right on the
money here. Those who communicate technical matters belong here. A low-
rent obfuscator like Gene Daniels merely impedes the flow information,
the more so when his little street corner gang start piling in. You
should be ashamed of yourself, Muzi. This nonsense you're spreading
has the treacherous and unprincipled sound of "my friend, right or
wrong".

Andre Jute
My friends are honourable men.
Old March 22nd 09, 09:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Dumb Genes run in the Daniels family Dumb blonde geography

On Mar 22, 9:02*pm, Still Just Me
wrote:
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 17:09:07 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute

wrote:
On Mar 21, 11:53*pm, datakoll wrote:
http://pro.corbis.com/images/BE04018...7BB79C0CE2-44E...

What has that photograph to do with anything, Daniels? Why are you
wasting my time with irrelevances?

Andre "Mr Patience Himself" Jute

Brother Gene has a literary and comic wit beyond your grasp.

Crap. The essence of literature is that it conveys meaning. The
essence of wit is that it plays upon meaning. Gene Daniels intends no
meaning and conveys no meaning. Therefore Gene Daniels is about as far
as you can get from literature and still be thought to speak English,
and he clearly has as much wit as Karl Marx in some of his obscurer
passages, a ponderously negative quantity.

It is significant that those who like Gene Daniels or "believe" in him
include you, "Still Just Me". who is on record many times as being
over-impressed with meaningless crap from people with "credentials",
Liddell Tommi Sherman, a snivelling little fingernail splitter who is
nothing so much as a left-over Marxist, and Muzi, who apparently see
the Daniels Debacle as nothing more than an opportunity to show off
his classical learning (I'm impressed; I'd have to look up some of
that stuff to be certain I remembered it right, but that doesn't what
Muzi says about Daniels any the less a troll).

How the semi-literate moron "Still Just Me" can come to believe that
Daniels sending me an irrelevant photograph is "literary" and "witty"
is a distressing commentary on his background and education, and his
grasp of the English language. It is of a piece with fools believing
anything that they cannot understand to contain profound wisdom
That's crap in any intelligent company, and it is doubly crap on a
technical conference, where the essence of intercourse is to make the
technically opaque transparent and comprehensible.

Andre Jute
Standing up robustly for the truth. for logic, for common sense, and
for the scientific method which incorporates all of these great things
Old March 22nd 09, 10:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_3_]

Default Dumb Genes run in the Jute family? Dumb blonde geography

Andre Jute wrote:

wrote:
[...]

W H O O S H !

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll
Old March 22nd 09, 10:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_3_]

Andre Jute wrote:
On Mar 22, 7:23 am, Tom Sherman
wrote:
datakoll aka Gene Daniels wrote:

Jute said the location is Brittany ?

Perfect placed for a Landing Ship Dock, no?

This is a double lie. I said nothing about Brittany. Tom Sherman knows
I said nothing about Brittany. But Liddell Tommi can't resist getting
in a knock at me at the same time as he helps the public idiot Gene
Daniels cover up his ignorance of where (or possibly even what)
Hungary is.

You're blowing poor quality smoke out of your ass, Tommi.

Unsigned out of contempt

I never claimed Jute/McCoy said it was Brittany, so Jute/McCoy is lying
when he claims I am lying. Yawn

My new ISP will not come on line for a few days, so Jute/McCoy can have
the last word for now.