Winter cycling & Helmets

Old April 7th 09, 02:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Art Harris

Default Winter cycling & Helmets

Mike McGuire wrote:
I think somewhere Sheldon Brown remarked that he used to put clear
plastic packing tape over the vent openings in his helmet in winter.

I've never found that particularly effective. Air still flows in the
space between the head and helmet. You need some kind of covering that
fits snugly over the head.

Art Harris
Old April 8th 09, 03:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mr. Smith

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 06:09:27 -0700 (PDT), Art Harris
wrote:

Mike McGuire wrote:
I think somewhere Sheldon Brown remarked that he used to put clear
plastic packing tape over the vent openings in his helmet in winter.

I've never found that particularly effective. Air still flows in the
space between the head and helmet. You need some kind of covering that
fits snugly over the head.

Art Harris

I have a wool cycling hat I wear under my helmet during cold weather
riding. Combine that with a wool neck/face warmer and my sunglasses
and my head/face stay very warm.

Winter cycling & Helmets Nicky Cottee General 10 April 9th 09 10:56 AM
Cycling helmets a hazard? Dan Burkhart[_8_] Techniques 11 May 18th 07 01:53 AM
cycling helmets Roland General 11 August 10th 04 03:34 AM
cycling helmets Roland Techniques 12 August 10th 04 03:34 AM
Why no winter helmets? Don Wiss General 42 February 18th 04 07:53 PM