Boycott Kryptonite, free offer only 2002-2004 customers

Old September 21st 04, 05:57 AM
Clark Reves

Default Boycott Kryptonite, free offer only 2002-2004 customers

A previous post on rec.bicycles.misc
was wrong. There is no free upgrade if your
lock was not purchased in 2002 onward.

A press release: Monday 20 September 2004
An open letter to the staff at Kryptonite locks.

to:
,
( Kryptonite Press Dept ),
( CEO ),
( President ),
( Founder, Chairman ),

( copy and paste, send your own message )

From: your customers.

It is your choice. You can....
replace your defective locks for the cost of materials at any shop
or
..... offer your current lame deal only to for new locks
purchased in 2002, 2003 and 2004.

You can ....
have 1-2 years of lower profits
or ....
.....you can all be out of a job for many, many years of debt and
lawsuits

you can walk away from this intact
or...
..... Or you can choose to make profits with your so called
"rebates" for all the dedicated people who trusted you.

You can untarnish a trusted shop brand
or....
.....You can experience a bocott spreading like an internet virus

You have your choice
Consumers have our choices........

What will it be?

Your current offer is not enough. Thousands of your locks were sold
prior to 2002 and it is your duty to fix them and not make a profit
from the repair or replacement.

ps: Selling windows XP to crash less than prior windows versions (
security and crash risks ) is something only Microsoft can get away
with.

notes:
http://web.archive.org/web/199911042...cprofiles.html
same url but tiny: http://tinyurl.com/5a57h
http://www.kryptonitelock.com
Old September 22nd 04, 02:17 PM
Jym Dyer

=v= (1) What's wrong with this offer? (2) Why confine your
boycott to Kryptonite and not mention the other purveyors of
cylindrical locks WHO ARE OFFERING NOTHING AT ALL?
_Jym_
Old September 22nd 04, 10:00 PM
gds

Jym Dyer wrote in message ...
=v= (1) What's wrong with this offer? (2) Why confine your
boycott to Kryptonite and not mention the other purveyors of
cylindrical locks WHO ARE OFFERING NOTHING AT ALL?
_Jym_

Ii always thought that the Kryptonite claims were that the U lock
itself could not be broken. They certainly have changed the design
over time as problems with older designs arose. If, as I am led to
believe, the problem is more general and applies to circular locks
more broadly, then I agree that the company is making a reasonable
offer. I would think this to be especially so if they had no prior
knowledge of this problem.

So I too think the offer is reasonable.
Old September 26th 04, 05:29 AM
Hunrobe

(Clark Reves

From: your customers.

It is your choice. You can....
replace your defective locks for the cost of materials at any shop
or
.... offer your current lame deal only to for new locks
purchased in 2002, 2003 and 2004.

---snip---

Your u-lock was purchased before 2002 I gather. g

Regards,
Bob Hunt