Cycling and vegetarianism

Old September 2nd 04, 01:38 AM
Fx199

What about when one takes a crap? You gonna worry about ethical
treatment of chicken ****?
Sheesh.
Bill Baka

me? no, I like eggs.
I like fish and chicken too, you misunderstand.
I don't see the difference between eating meat compared to eggs.
Do these people think the egg layers have a nice life??
Old September 2nd 04, 02:29 AM
Monty

The elbow is ok, I can straighted it to about 20 deg "short" of straight.
My fingers are kinda of messed up yet. My ulnar nerve was injured in the
fall. I still don't have feeling in my little finger and ring finger. All
things considered I'm lucky to be alive and I am NOT complaining!

"neil0502" wrote in message
om...

Monty wrote:

I am a 52 year old vegetarian (9 1/2 years) with no ill effects! I ride

lot! 8,350 miles so far this year. I don't eat anything special, I just
eat a LOT
http://nanandmont.com/food_for_a_day.htm
Oh ya, 6'0" 160#

Atta' boy! Are you sponsored by a grocery chain??

How's your arm these days? Looked like a _nasty_ break....

Old September 2nd 04, 04:29 AM
Claire Petersky

"neil0502" wrote in message
m...

C) Ah, the ubiquitous smoothie. 'Tis a beautiful thing, and our breakfast
about five days a week.

How about a Japanese breakfast instead? Break a raw egg over rice, a little
soy sauce, nori, and some dried anchovies on the side.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist:

Old September 2nd 04, 04:36 AM
Claire Petersky

"Fx199" wrote in message

Do these people think the egg layers have a nice life??

Battery hens -- probably not. However, I know someone who has free range
chickens as a part of a larger organic farming operation. The chickens'
lives are not paradise, but they aren't bad -- they run around both in the
yard and in the barn, and have some sort of social life with each other.

I do my best to buy the eggs from free range hens that are fed a vegetarian
diet. They cost more, but they taste better, and I suspect they are likely
not to have salmonella.

Old September 2nd 04, 07:16 AM
Benjamin Lewis

Kevan Smith wrote:

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 03:29:24 GMT, "Claire Petersky"
from Brooklyn Nelson Liberation Army wrote:

"neil0502" wrote in message
m...

C) Ah, the ubiquitous smoothie. 'Tis a beautiful thing, and our
breakfast
about five days a week.

How about a Japanese breakfast instead? Break a raw egg over rice, a
little soy sauce, nori, and some dried anchovies on the side.

Isn't raw egg a salmonella danger?

Not particularly:

http://tinyurl.com/3q58q

Approximately 1 in 30000 eggs is contaminated with salmonella, 94% of
people who get salmonella recover without medical care, and only 0.5%
result in death.

Even safer than cycling ...

--
Benjamin Lewis

A small, but vocal, contingent even argues that tin is superior, but they
are held by most to be the lunatic fringe of Foil Deflector Beanie science.